32x Faithful 32x32 Pack

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Hi @DZCreeper ,
Gregtech hasn't been updated for 1.7 has it? If not, could you look at making the plates like this when you get around to doing it?
530CQeF.png
They're by a guy called pyrolusite. I told him I might slip the idea to you to have faithful32 incorporate plates looking like this. He was okay with it.
Code:
<iSurio> I definitely like the plates a lot pyrolusite
<Pyrolusite>    I like the plates too :p I took them from my IC2 resource pack
<iSurio> Is it okay if I ask DZCreeper the faithful maintainer to incorporate this into the pack?
<Pyrolusite>    include PGTAT into Faithful ? this won't work, it's not the same resolution
<KiraraT>    Pyrolosite joined the game
<iSurio> no no, I meant make the plates like that in the faithful pack.ofc he has to do it from scratch
<KiraraT>    <Pyrolosite> oh, sure
<KiraraT>    <Pyrolosite> there's no copyright on how to reskin GT plates

I think they make the plates look more like "plates" now. What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Hi @DZCreeper ,
Gregtech hasn't been updated for 1.7 has it? If not, could you look at making the plates like this when you get around to doing it?

I think they make the plates look more like "plates" now. What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

I will definitely consider it, going to have a look at that and a couple other minor things today.

Reactions: AlCapella

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
I will definitely consider it, going to have a look at that and a couple other minor things today.

Look, if you make a screencast of you redoing ONE texture from start to finish, I'll feel bold enough to pitch in with some contribution of my own. Thing is, I haven't a clue how to start, and youtube videos that turn up on this topic are zero help. A screencast will sort of make me learn the ropes on the fly.

Thanks.

SaintAres97

Jul 29, 2019
I tried installing this from the launcher on the DW20 1.7 modpack and it didn't install. Is the version on the launcher an older version?

FInaldeath

Jul 29, 2019
I tried installing this from the launcher on the DW20 1.7 modpack and it didn't install. Is the version on the launcher an older version?
I tried both "Direwolf20" entries on the pack list on the launcher for the texture pack and it seems both download the 1.6.4 version, download the pack manually from the link in the op instead.

Reactions: SaintAres97

SaintAres97

Jul 29, 2019
I tried both "Direwolf20" entries on the pack list on the launcher for the texture pack and it seems both download the 1.6.4 version, download the pack manually from the link in the op instead.

Thanks for the reply. So this means I would have to download the pack and then all the mod add-ons?

FInaldeath

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply. So this means I would have to download the pack and then all the mod add-ons?

The link in the op is for FTB so comes with all the available patches for it. But i did see a bug and/or missing texture for mfr machine bars (progress, energy ect.) so to see the numbers for those bars you need to mouse over it.

smenes

Jul 29, 2019
The link in the op is for FTB so comes with all the available patches for it. But i did see a bug and/or missing texture for mfr machine bars (progress, energy ect.) so to see the numbers for those bars you need to mouse over it.
fix

Tabris

Jul 29, 2019
So... I've never done this kind of upscaling of textures that is needed to convert normal textures into Faithful but i've been playing lots of Crash Landing and the vanilla textures were bodering me and i decided to do something. I would like for you guys to tell me what you think of it and if i need to change anything. I can't quarantee but i might do at least all the variants of the futuristic armor plating block and the missing ones from factory blocks.

These screenshots show the before and after with the only texture i've changed thus far, it's the variant of the Futuristic Armor Plating Block called "Elaborate futuristic armor plating block", you can see it on most of the outside of the ship. All other textures are either vanilla or made by other people and included on the pack

TkGvp9s.jpg

If anyone wants to use this texture i'm annexed it to the post. Just remember to put it the file on "\assets\chisel\textures\blocks\tyrian" inside the faithful file/folder

Attachments

• elaborate.png
    elaborate.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 201

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
So... I've never done this kind of upscaling of textures that is needed to convert normal textures into Faithful but i've been playing lots of Crash Landing and the vanilla textures were bodering me and i decided to do something. I would like for you guys to tell me what you think of it and if i need to change anything. I can't quarantee but i might do at least all the variants of the futuristic armor plating block and the missing ones from factory blocks.

Good work overall, I just had to to make a minor change in the bottom left corner. You can't see it in your screenshot but it didn't tile properly when stacked vertically.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1277 + gregtech_1.7.10-5.07.02.jar = misery :mad:

Can you confirm if the new update breaks the textures, not just for gregtech, but for fluids in tanks as well?

Many thanks.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I made a little addon and used parts of your texture pack and edited them together in order to make some of the textures. I would like to know if I can have permission to distribute this.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I made a little addon and used parts of your texture pack and edited them together in order to make some of the textures. I would like to know if I can have permission to distribute this.

Yes, as stated in the license portion of the README file the only restriction that applies to the pack is that you may not profit from the distribution of it or any derivative work. I would appreciate having a link to whatever addon you made but its not required.