32x Faithful 32x32 Pack

Protokohl

Jul 29, 2019
I have a somewhat similar tale to tell. I suspect it's more a problem with Optifine than it is the texturepack I use, but I do know that Optifine_1.4.6_D5 doesn't play that nice with Ultimate pack 1.0.1, at least on my card (ATI HD3450, using fglrx driver) and OS (Ubuntu 12.10). For example, I start up the launcher, go into Ultimate and make sure that Optifine is in the JarMods folder, then I start Ultimate up, go into Texture Packs, make sure default texture pack is selected, then click Done. Once that happens, the console shows the client dying from a failure in the external renderer in libdri.so. Wonderful.

It also happens if I change texture packs to faithful32 (the FTB Ultimate pack variant) before I install optifine, then I install optifine, restart ultimate, start up my singleplayer world, and open a iron chest. Boom, dead.
Wonderful.

(Post 4)

You need to set optifine chunloading to Multicore and advanced openGL to fast and turn of threading in the graphics card interface panel. That is what fixed it for me :)[DOUBLEPOST=1365728357][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whenever I open FTB after installing OptiFine_1.4.6_HD_U_D5, Minecraft goes black and it just stays there. I added Optifine last after everything and there was not META folder to begin with. Any suggestions?

Did you install it into the jar mod section?[DOUBLEPOST=1365728473][/DOUBLEPOST]Also Smenes can you find textures for power converters? As they do not seem to available! Thanks!

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
Nice texture pack. Gives things a lift without having to relearn what everything looks like. Shame I can't get Optifine to work, so no awesome liquids.
Still everything else looks nice and sharp. It's a keeper.
Optifine is a strange thing. My current computer can run it fine, but my last one (which was a pretty good one) couldn't run it at all. And yeah except for the fluids and some animations, you really don't need it with Forge. I love this pack because it is sharp, but it is still close enough to vanilla to use it on a server without having to worry that you are building something that looks really odd to people with other TPs.

Jul 29, 2019
Nice texture pack. Gives things a lift without having to relearn what everything looks like. Shame I can't get Optifine to work, so no awesome liquids.
Still everything else looks nice and sharp. It's a keeper.
What video card do you have?

edvinux59

Jul 29, 2019
What ultimate 1.1.0 why i can't update it? Maybe it's because i'm living in Lithuania? i see only 1.0.1 version of modpack... :(

Alice

Jul 29, 2019
What ultimate 1.1.0 why i can't update it? Maybe it's because i'm living in Lithuania? i see only 1.0.1 version of modpack... :(

This is because 1.1.0 isn't a recommended build yet, if you click on the drop down box towards the top right of the launcher, you can choose the 1.1.0 version. Be careful though because there may still be bugs in it as they haven't finished testing. It is set to be released very soon though.

SublightNova

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a lot! This pack is awesome. Great to see that there are 1.5+ additions for several mods. Keep up the good work! :)

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Nice looking pack! BUT - without a 64x64 or better yet, a 128x128 - I just wouldn't use it. :(

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
Nice looking pack! BUT - without a 64x64 or better yet, a 128x128 - I just wouldn't use it. :(

Not everyone has a machine that can run those, and a lot of people like the feel of the original with just a little oomph. I don't understand why people feel the need to harp on 32x textures, they serve a purpose. I have no problem with people using 16x textures, or no tp at all - freedom of choice and a choice to suit one's needs.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Not everyone has a machine that can run those, and a lot of people like the feel of the original with just a little oomph. I don't understand why people feel the need to harp on 32x textures, they serve a purpose. I have no problem with people using 16x textures, or no tp at all - freedom of choice and a choice to suit one's needs.
#1: I didn't ask for him to delete the 32x and make a 64x. I said I wouldn't use it unless there was something higher than 32x (hoping the OP would go 'sure, I'll make a 64x64 as well...')
#2: How is 'nice looking pack' harping on 32x textures?
#3: Not trying to be rude, but get off your high horse. My post wasn't a complaint, it was a compliment with an explanation of why I wouldn't use it - with hopes that he will release an HD texture...

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
32x IS HD. Why not try starting a new thread? And believe me I'm not on any high horse, I see about every 4th posting on 32x and 16x forums, "If it was 128x. I'd use it.", it gets REALLY old.