Windows .exe [ERROR] Exception reading modpackfile

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypnotizd

Jul 29, 2019
---[SOLUTION FOUND]---
(see below!)

FTB Launcher version (if this isn't the newest update update and try again): 1.0.6
Minecraft Version: 1.4.4, 1.4.2
Java version: 1.7.0_09
Detailed description of the issue / how can the issue be recreated:
  1. Downloaded FTB exe Launcher.
  2. Put it in it's own folder (C:\ftb)
  3. Run launcher
The console shows an Exception reading modpackfile and the launcher is unresponsive. I have disabled all firewall programs/antivirus, redownloaded FTB, uninstalled reinstalled Java. I can't think of anything else to do.
Error logs:
http://pastebin.com/Wb6gNkAU

---[SOLUTION FOUND]---
This might not work for everyone but for me upgrading my integrated Bigfoot Killer network card drivers from 6.0 to 6.1 (which included a firmware upgrade) resolved this problem for me. Hopefully this helps someone else! :)

Riptide1999

Jul 29, 2019
i have the exact same problem, but the weird thing is i had just had the mod pack open 1 minute before this started to happen

iN3RDDannyx

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing online in a server. Got drop in FPS so i closed and then tried to reopen and it go this message! Really weird and for some reason it seems like the download tab is down aswell.

rosscam

Jul 29, 2019
yeh this is kinda annoying was making a turtle program in netbeans and testing in feed the beast had to close to get program to work then it wont connect

Rokkwarr

Jul 29, 2019
well... this answered my question quickly... googled the error message and found this. so I guess it's down for a bit. *starts having Assassin's creed II flashbacks*
thanks for the info people.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
If you have trouble adding it to multimc this worked for me. Open the folder ftb is set to use and there will be a folder called FTBBETAA or whatever modpack you're using. Copy all the files inside of it. Open multimc and create a new instance, open its folder and paste all the ftb files in replacing the multimc ones. In the instMods folder delete minecraft forge and in multimc click edit mods then press the mcforge button and select build 355. Launch the instance and when it crashes open multimc and use multimc to downgrade it to 1.4.2 and it should work.

MaxWayne

Oct 30, 2012
My freinds and i got the same problem :(
But the question i have is this: Why we are forced to wait for a non needed website, since we all got the plugins on local hard drive.
So now we got 2 instances of failing. First, when Mojang fail with his login servers... you have to wait, next is creeperhost. If you are not able to get the OK from Creeperhost you get nothing. Double online lockout.
Does it sound like a good idea to give a Company the control of out ability to Login, lets say to play just local ? it really smells and it needs to be changed !

Bcpwd

Jul 29, 2019
They should just add a check for update button instead of having it online and have the user thing connected to reqular minecraft if that is possible

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
They put a lot of work into the launcher and tried to make it work as often as possible but they can't plan for every circumstance. Nothing can be perfect.

envison

Jul 29, 2019
MultiMC worked for me after messing around with TheSandwichMakr's post. I had to recompile jar and it finally loaded the mods. I suggest trying that if ur itching to play.

krizmac

Jul 29, 2019
If you have trouble adding it to multimc this worked for me. Open the folder ftb is set to use and there will be a folder called FTBBETAA or whatever modpack you're using. Copy all the files inside of it. Open multimc and create a new instance, open its folder and paste all the ftb files in replacing the multimc ones. In the instMods folder delete minecraft forge and in multimc click edit mods then press the mcforge button and select build 355. Launch the instance and when it crashes open multimc and use multimc to downgrade it to 1.4.2 and it should work.

This ^^ If you are having problems with the FTB Launcher still, use this fix.

MaxWayne

Oct 30, 2012
They put a lot of work into the launcher and tried to make it work as often as possible but they can't plan for every circumstance. Nothing can be perfect.
true, and noone said something different or rant about anything. but the point is that we're locked out for simply no reason. don't you see the problem ? ;)

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
true, and noone said something different or rant about anything. but the point is that we're locked out for simply no reason. don't you see the problem ? ;)
Not trying to start an argument, but you did say the login system "stinks" and that it needs to be changed :/
And use multimc if you want to play :)

Electivire3

Jul 29, 2019
So let me get this straight... its a loggin server issue? As in the loggin authentication server is down?

Reenigne

Jul 29, 2019
My freinds and i got the same problem :(
But the question i have is this: Why we are forced to wait for a non needed website, since we all got the plugins on local hard drive.
So now we got 2 instances of failing. First, when Mojang fail with his login servers... you have to wait, next is creeperhost. If you are not able to get the OK from Creeperhost you get nothing. Double online lockout.
Does it sound like a good idea to give a Company the control of out ability to Login, lets say to play just local ? it really smells and it needs to be changed !

Same problem using the 1.0.6 launcher, haven't updated to 1.0.7 yet

If I were to guess why creeperhost is needed, I would wager that it has to do with updating the launcher, and updating the tabs at the top of the launcher. Notice that the "modpacks" tab and the "maps" tab (both of which are in part hosted off of creeperhost) are both unavailable, and I'm betting that when the texture pack tab becomes active that will be unavailable too, in this kind of situation. I would also wager this is an extension of the "no offline mode" pledge. (a feature, not a bug) If you can't contact creeper host then you must not be connected, and if you are not connected then you can't play anyway. Kind of double security just in case someone has a minecraft verification spoof-er?

Also I don't think FTB could really help with the minecraft servers going down, although that was trollishly bad timing.

So let me get this straight... its a loggin server issue? As in the loggin authentication server is down?

No, it is the server before the user even gets to login. It is the server that hosts the mods for the modpack and the mpas. If you use vanilla, or some other modpack then you can still get to minecraft to login and play, just not FTB

Not trying to start an argument, but you did say the login system "stinks" and that it needs to be changed :/
And use multimc if you want to play :)
I think that was not a reference to the launcher itself but the fact that the system seems to be setup to rely on creeperhost, even when, from the standpoint of a client(user), there is no reason for creeperhost to be involved. Unless there is a (modpack/launcher) update whether or not a user can log in should be between Mojang and the end user, even if we do love creeperhost for hosting all the modfiles for us to download.

Reactions: Captain Untouchable
Status
Not open for further replies.