Windows .exe [ERROR] Exception reading modpackfile

Status
Not open for further replies.

coveredinbees

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for posting the new launcher, Baison. Would someone be willing to .zip and upload their FTBBETA directory? I don't have mine.

Reactions: jeff142

kyle

Jul 29, 2019
If you guys are still having issues, you can get the new launcher here. -link redacted- This one doesn't rely on CreeperHost's servers, so you can connect even without an internet connection.

This works. Again, the community solves the issue!

Basion

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a copy of the FTBBETAA folder. [REDACTED]

Distribution of the modpack files through non-official channels is not allowed. We know the CreeperHost servers are down and ask that you remain patient. Thank you.

Reactions: jeff142

krizmac

Jul 29, 2019
A big thanks is needed for the guys behind the FTB pack, for addressing this issue with haste.

Most of us here in the community understand this is a beta, and this is all being worked on behind the scenes. Thanks again for all the hard work guys.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Creeper Host's files don't include the Minecraft distribution. Its files are applied to the installation that is downloaded separately from Minecraft's site. If someone just bundles up their FTBATAA folder as-is, it would include the Minecraft installation, unlike what is downloaded from Creeper Host.

luca2849

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Launcher version (if this isn't the newest update update and try again): 1.0.6
Minecraft Version: 1.4.4, 1.4.2
Java version: 1.7.0_09
Detailed description of the issue / how can the issue be recreated:
  1. Downloaded FTB exe Launcher.
  2. Put it in it's own folder (C:\ftb)
  3. Run launcher
The console shows an Exception reading modpackfile and the launcher is unresponsive. I have disabled all firewall programs/antivirus, redownloaded FTB, uninstalled reinstalled Java. I can't think of anything else to do.

Error logs:
http://pastebin.com/Wb6gNkAU
I have it on mac as the .jar and have the sane issue BUT this problem may be caused by the creeperhost services being down.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to say- playing with MultMC launcher I have ZERO lag. Even after a couple hours- the game still runs smooth!

Hylindar

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same Issue^
Found another source for the launcher link, and I get errors of
"Error: Could not load modpackdata"
and-
"Error: Could not load map data"

Jackiya

Jul 29, 2019
Erm I can now launch Minecraft however when i do launch it through the FTB launcher (Mods are selected) no mods are installed.

jakefire88

Jul 29, 2019
So did anyone find a difinitive solution? im on Windows 7 with Java 7 and I still get the [ERROR] Exception Reading Modpackfile and there is no FTBBETAA Folder in my instalation directory. :( Is creeperhost still broken?

Basion

Jul 29, 2019
So did anyone find a difinitive solution? im on Windows 7 with Java 7 and I still get the [ERROR] Exception Reading Modpackfile and there is no FTBBETAA Folder in my instalation directory. :( Is creeperhost still broken?
Everything should be back up and working if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.