Energy Level Display

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

autoaustin1

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,
Was wondering if there was a way to display the amount of power stored in my work-house? (from batbox or MFSU). I'm kinda OCD when it comes to knowing how much energy I have stored (want to use it to help me know when it's time to add on and further my power storage). However, all my equipment is in the basement and I would rather not have to walk down the flight of stairs all the time. Looking for some way to make a display of some kind.

Thanks everyone.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Try using an Industrial Information Panel from the Nuclear Control mod. I believe it can do what you want once configured correctly, you can also make it bigger by adding an Information panel extender to it :)

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Might be possible using computercraft?
Or you could use gates set to the percentages you're looking out for, leading to lights upstairs.

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
And on top of that you can display other things like (I think) liquid levels, certain Redstone on/off, heat in your Nuclear Reactors (if applicable) and the current time

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on the pack you're playing with, you could use Computer Craft in combination with OpenPeripherals. There you can add any block as a peripheral. You can read the amount of energy stored in a Batbox/MFE/MFSU or the amount of liquid stored in a tank just by using them as a peripheral. Open Peripheral also adds the Terminal Glasses. With them you can display anything you want on your screen.

Here's a pretty good modspotlight which should explain all you need to realize the displaying of energy amounts on your screen:

If you want to use this mod and need further help you can PM me.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Try using an Industrial Information Panel from the Nuclear Control mod. I believe it can do what you want once configured correctly, you can also make it bigger by adding an Information panel extender to it :)

That's the method I use as well. It's easy to set up, requires zero CC knowledge, and you can even create "arrays" of multiple MFSUs that can be displayed together or individually (or both) on the same info panel.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
That's the method I use as well. It's easy to set up, requires zero CC knowledge, and you can even create "arrays" of multiple MFSUs that can be displayed together or individually (or both) on the same info panel.

plus theres a range extension module, in case the panel is too far from the source

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced information panels are awesome:

info2.jpg

budge

Jul 29, 2019
I second the motion for OpenPeripherals.
G1KttRH.png

Once you're able to get it into a computer like this, it's super easy to send across the Rednet to other computers which may then manage your power system automatically...wicked fun, man.

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
I second the motion for OpenPeripherals.
Once you're able to get it into a computer like this, it's super easy to send across the Rednet to other computers which may then manage your power system automatically...wicked fun, man.

I agree with you. It's lots of fun, if you're into programming. But not everyone likes it. For those people Information Panels are a great alternative.
I think CC is superior to Information Panels because you can display anything you like directly on your HUD using the Terminal Glasses. It takes a lot of programming effort though...

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Information Panels are definitely the way to go if you don't want to learn to code. If someone has any interest in ComputerCraft, though, I definitely recommend a project like this to kick-start your learning. I had a lot of fun scouring wikis and CC forums to find the best way to do this, and then debug it once it looked the way I wanted it. I took this project as an opportunity to learn and play with tables (never messed with them before), and Rednet, and now I have a feeling I'll use them in all my future programs.