Eloraams twitter?

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's awesome that she's taking her time to make the mod even more awesome instead of just rushing it out half done.
To be honest, that is one of the things that makes eloram awesome, her stuff don't just work, her stuff works great, always.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's awesome that she's taking her time to make the mod even more awesome instead of just rushing it out half done.
To be honest, that is one of the things that makes eloram awesome, her stuff don't just work, her stuff works great, always.

I wholly agree. Her mod is one of the few you can count on to have few to no bugs when its released. Mojang can't get pistons to work correctly but she manages to get the much more complex frame system working pretty much perfectly. That should say something :D

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it is not the first time she pushes mods to nonexistant versions, she and the others already did that with Forge, but yeah, as far as I see, Elo just put up the main nodes for redpower in 1.4.5, even though she will continue her work on the 1.4.2 and at release port it up to continue.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it is? No idea what to think about this post...
However, w00t on her adding steam as a valid liquid for tubes.

Darkthought

Jul 29, 2019

Much cooler looking pipes, from Elo. Is the capacity / flow rate equivalent to Gold Waterpoof pipes? I think this means she's implemented Buildcraft's Liquid API, since she appears to be pulling water from an Aqueous Accumulator from the Thermal Expansion mod.

Reenigne

Jul 29, 2019
Much cooler looking pipes, from Elo. Is the capacity / flow rate equivalent to Gold Waterpoof pipes? I think this means she's implemented Buildcraft's Liquid API, since she appears to be pulling water from an Aqueous Accumulator from the Thermal Expansion mod.

I hear tell that the buildcraft liquids API is becoming the official forge liquids API. If that's true then it would be un-necessary additional code and maintenance work for Eloraam to maintain a second liquid API, and she can save her own liquid coding for Minia.

Does make you wonder what the capacity of her pipes and tubes are going to be though.

baka123

Jul 29, 2019
Quite honestly, I am more exited about the wind turbine in the background ;) And the plans you can make for the project table.

NosajDraw

Jul 29, 2019
Does make you wonder what the capacity of her pipes and tubes are going to be though.
Given she appears to need 1 tube per engine, just as BC pipes do, it looks like tubes carry the same amount of liquid as pipes do, which is a bit disappointing.

Darkthought

Jul 29, 2019
But remember, her pipes handle loops better than basic buildcraft pipes, and covers makes running multiple steam lines to the generator much easier. I'll just be happy if they're the same capacity as gold waterproof pipes. Brass is much cheaper.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Given she appears to need 1 tube per engine, just as BC pipes do, it looks like tubes carry the same amount of liquid as pipes do, which is a bit disappointing.

Thats actually a design-decision she did several times. Her Blulectric-Furnaces is exactly the same as the IC2-Version and I think the pipes works the same. She don't want to make other mods obsolete by just implementing a stronger version. Pumps just work differently since they don't push liquids they pull them (much like tubes work with a lot of machines).

In terms of liquid there might not be much difference.

But remember, her pipes handle loops better than basic buildcraft pipes, and covers makes running multiple steam lines to the generator much easier. I'll just be happy if they're the same capacity as gold waterproof pipes. Brass is much cheaper.

Hmm... BC-Facades do the same. I'm actually interested to see if anything changed in the system. I would believe that the liquid-pipes would simulate pressure to choose a destination for a liquid. In this case a single pump should be able to pump out of two tanks (with the same liquid) like two Coke-Ovens.

The interesting part is, that you obviously don't need pumps for systems that output themself. A steamboiler does have a pretty high pressure, so there is no need to pump something out. The shown picture does not have a single pump, but on the other hand, the same setup would not need wooden pipes either.

NosajDraw

Jul 29, 2019
Thats actually a design-decision she did several times. Her Blulectric-Furnaces is exactly the same as the IC2-Version and I think the pipes works the same. She don't want to make other mods obsolete by just implementing a stronger version. Pumps just work differently since they don't push liquids they pull them (much like tubes work with a lot of machines).
On one hand fair enough, on the other, being forced for no good reason to run multiple pipes from location to another just to get all the steam/liquid/whatever I want from one location to the other in a timely manner is silly and annoying.

In the real world you would either increase the pressure, and/or increase the size of the pipe, but I cannot imagine Thames water laying multiple mains down the same road.

Xzirus

Jul 29, 2019
So here is a question that someone might know the answer too... with the integration of the Buildcraft liquid API into forge, as "THE" liquid API, does this mean that RP pumps will be "dumb'd" down to act like the BC pumps?

By this I mean that with a RP pump it will pull liquids from a much greater distances and completely drain a lava or water lake by placing the pump in one place. Compared to the BC pump, that will have to be moved around to multiple places and still has trouble pulling up all the liquid.

Also RP pumps could pump the liquids back into the world, something which the BC system cant do.

These are what made the liquid system of RP ( in my opinion ) so much better than the BC way of doing things

Any thoughts?

beringtom

Jul 29, 2019
The fact that you can't pump liquids out from bc is what makes it inferior to the rp pipes, I made a working (waterlock?) To fill a confined space with water and make boats able to move up and down without defying the law of physics...

baka123

Jul 29, 2019
So here is a question that someone might know the answer too... with the integration of the Buildcraft liquid API into forge, as "THE" liquid API, does this mean that RP pumps will be "dumb'd" down to act like the BC pumps?

What makes you think that the behaviour of the RP pumps will change even a bit? The only think that will change is the underlaying code (mod implementation), by providing a unified API to make mods more compatible to each other.