ELORAAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I already posted this over on WNIMMT so if posting a relevent info post on 2 threads is bad, please let me know:
Tell you what guys, for the sake of confusion, keep news about the mod on the What's New Pussycat thread and Eloraam whatever news here, since the name of the topic is Eloraam.

Fair?

Reactions: Padfoote

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I see no reason to attack her. Its pretty crispy to do so. Of she shows up she gets attacked. If she goes away she gets criticized.
I'm fine with her being here, I just don't think she has a right to, vaguely or otherwise, strike the fear of legal repercussion into people who are trying to fill the void she made.

As I said, if she wants to make her mod? Fine. If she wants to leave? Fine.
But she has no right to make people suffer for it regardless of what she chooses.

She wants to talk about moral rights and just forgets about the morals. Yeah. That's fair.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
How am I still notified on this? I thought I unwatched this a month ago... Anyway, if your going to stop making a popular mod and leave for a long time then vaguely say "I'm back" The NUMBER 1 thing you DON'T do is threaten legal actions on someone who has tried to appease the people who loved the mod by making a mod like yours, that's just cold as fuck.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
How am I still notified on this? I thought I unwatched this a month ago... Anyway, if your going to stop making a popular mod and leave for a long time then vaguely say "I'm back" The NUMBER 1 thing you DON'T do is threaten legal actions on someone who has tried to appease the people who loved the mod by making a mod like yours, that's just cold as fuck.
THANK YOU.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fine with her being here, I just don't think she has a right to, vaguely or otherwise, strike the fear of legal repercussion into people who are trying to fill the void she made.

As I said, if she wants to make her mod? Fine. If she wants to leave? Fine.
But she has no right to make people suffer for it regardless of what she chooses.

She wants to talk about moral rights and just forgets about the morals. Yeah. That's fair.

Also related: If she wants to allow modpack redistribution? Fine. If she doesn't? Fine.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
6a1.gif

Ellofoot is the cancer that is killing the Minecraft modding community, and anyone could have stopped this.
Maybe not alone. But now look where we are. A monster was made, and now look what is happening.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Since I can't find my previous open letter, it's outdated and so is she and her mod, I'm going to write a new one.

Dear Ellofoot.
I feel this needs to be said.
You shouldn't be working on RP3 anymore.
Before you take this the wrong way(too late kek), here's my reasoning as to why you shouldn't.
Literally everything but your Blutricty power system has been added to the game in another mod now.
Seriously.
You had vast plans for the mod, and added resources we would need "down the road but can't use yet" to support this.
Despite the fact that if we can't use it yet, we shouldn't ever have had it outside of literal beta testing.
Case examples: Rubberwood trees for rubber, but no way to get rubber from them or a need for the trees and the rubber when they were added. Looked like ass and didn't support smooth graphics either(leaves were transperant no matter what you did), and grew far too often, and were fireproof.
You added "Nikolite", a seriously obvious blueshifted redstone dust, and it was needed for Blutricity. And Blutricity was useless.
Sure, one could power some blutricity powered version of basic machines, and it was needed for your sorting system.
Speaking of which, it was poorly optimized, prone to overflowing, and filled machines in the wrong ways if set up incorrectly.
Other details need not be mentioned, like the constant infighting between you and FlowerChild, and stealing content from BTW.

But...
I don't suggest you just abandon ship.
See, the Forge Dev team is basically 1 person now. They need coders BADLY. And honestly? You are good, and while your mod shows it's age and poor thinking, it changed modded Minecraft entirely.

Signed,
YX33A

PS: You are old guard, and you can't be the good guy if you get into fights with new modders unless they literally stole code from you. Something you apparently did more than zero times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.