ELORAAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
here's that bit of the changelog in 14w25a, for anyone who is wondering.

• Model format improvements[1]
    • New tag "textures" to specify the textures used by the model.
    • Removed the directional attribute from the uv definition and replaced it with explicit texture references
      • "textureFacing" renamed to "texture", it is prepended with the hash symbol (#)
    • "useAmbientOcclusion" renamed to "ambientocclusion"
    • "rotateVariantTextures" renamed to "UV lock"
    • "cull" renamed to "cullface", specifies the opposite of which neighboring face causes culling to occur
      • Example: if you have an east-facing face but want it to be culled along a different axis (let's say Z), you would specify "cullface": "north" or "cullface": "south".
    • Rotation made more verbose, it is now more clear that it can only occur on a single axis
      • Example, the rotation for one of the two faces of the "cross" model is now: "rotation": { "origin": [ 8, 8, 8 ], "axis": "y", "angle": 45, "rescale": true },
    • The folder models/blocks/meshes was removed and model files are now stored in models/blocks.
    • The folder blockstates was added and stores the model selection files previously found in models/blocks.
  • Rendering
    • Items
      • All items are models, some are still generated from item icons
      • Resource packs can make models for all items
    • Blocks
      • Rewrote how blocks are rendered
      • Rewrote how block data is handled

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, I used to raid on Everquest, back in Luclin era and the million hit point mob marathons. Oh, even better, I was the pulling monk. And had like three or four conversations going on simultaneously.

So yea, my typing speed went way up.

my monk brother, whatup. i was secondary puller during luclin-PoP era, main switched from druid after the velious grind. thank you for the reminder of the horrors that were ssra and vex'thal.

but yeah. voice makes you lazy imo; you don't pay attention as much if you're waiting for somebody to call out "AOE inc" over voice. oh well, times have changed, and it'll never be the way it was. god i sound old. :(

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
my monk brother, whatup. i was secondary puller during luclin-PoP era, main switched from druid after the velious grind. thank you for the reminder of the horrors that were ssra and vex'thal.

but yeah. voice makes you lazy imo; you don't pay attention as much if you're waiting for somebody to call out "AOE inc" over voice. oh well, times have changed, and it'll never be the way it was. god i sound old. :(
Oh hey, the actual boss fights themselves were simple. Turn on auto-attack, go get some coffee, come back in five minutes, re-adjust for knockback, kick back and drink coffee.

The boss fights were the relaxing part of the raids, it was trying to split while in tells with the raid leader, the rest of the pull team, guild chat, and raid chat that required multitasking skills. Don't you remember the monk math? Let's see... how did it go? Oh, right...

"Incoming <%t>" meant a single. "Plus add" means you had two. "Plus a couple" means you'd better hope your enchie is full on mana. "Oops" means camp a cleric and flop a necro. Heck, I still got the Vox rez stick bagged somewhere. You know the trick... flopping across the zone with the mage corpse?

Anyway, it sounds like RP3 is going to be back, although I don't know if it will be for 1.7 or 1.8. Still, converting from where it was to 1.7 will be the lion's share of the conversion, from what I hear the jump from 1.7 to 1.8 isn't *too* bad. Not as bad as 1.6 to 1.7 anyway.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway, it sounds like RP3 is going to be back, although I don't know if it will be for 1.7 or 1.8. Still, converting from where it was to 1.7 will be the lion's share of the conversion, from what I hear the jump from 1.7 to 1.8 isn't *too* bad. Not as bad as 1.6 to 1.7 anyway.

1.6 to 1.7 is easy but tedious. 1.8 is the update that changes all the things.

Reactions: Fuzzbling

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
she is still gonna have to deal with the new texture format, and that thing in 1.8 where every item is a model.
I wouldn't worry about the last one. Mojang said it was months away and then you know how long Forge takes to update. I feel it'll be at least 6/7 months before we get a decent 1.8 modpack (and even that seems a bit quick).

4oursword

Jul 29, 2019
So, how does her return (yay by the way) interact with mods like Project:Red which were intended to recreate the Redpower experience?

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
So, how does her return (yay by the way) interact with mods like Project:Red which were intended to recreate the Redpower experience?
I don't think anyone really knows that to be honest. All you can do is wait and see. However, Eloraam has declared a desire to innovate by adding more stuff, and the Project Red guys have innovated too (there pipe system is not like the original redpower one) so maybe this town is big enough for the both of them (I hope so anyway).

Reactions: Padfoote

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
Charge an array of deathrays on a giant sky bridge powered by millions of enviromentally unfriendly windmills and solar panels and blow a giant line in the landscape makng a moat around your base and completely destroy an enemies base, trapping them in a mystcraft age until someone finds a lost linking book and frees them.

Now you're just being a tease. :p

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't been paying attention to Eloraam's postings, is she actually planning on including an API to her mod or is she keeping it close to her chest again?

If it's the latter I'm really not interested.
I've not seen anything either way. If memory serves, she's working with a dude or two, soooooo...maybe?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Eeh, it could go either way, really. Unlike the bullshit a certain Dr. House likes to spew, people change. A year and a half is plenty of time to change the way you think about certain things.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Eeh, it could go either way, really. Unlike the bullshit a certain Dr. House likes to spew, people change. A year and a half is plenty of time to change the way you think about certain things.
We'll see huh?

Sent from my angry toaster to distract him from destroying the planet. Some appliances just want to watch the world burn.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Are you questioning the greatest doctor in New Jersey? He's solved over 200 zebra cases in 8 years, I think he knows a thing or two about people.

Status
Not open for further replies.