Ecto's skyblock (completed)

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
Hello and welcome to Ecto's modded skyblock thread.
TBo1IjV.png

This thread used to track progress in ftb departed. I quit that modpack since it was tedious, but seeing the images I uploaded, it made me a bit nostalgic, thus, I decided to upload my skyblock progress here. I'll probably make this my "main" thread where I will be uploading every progress regardless of the modpack.

I apologize to people who commented on my previous skyblock thread. I deleted it simply so I can put stuff here.

Last edited:

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
Progress after cca 20 hours of playing:
(game difficulty is currently on NORMAL, will be setting it on HARD on a later date)

This is the town I found and decided to settle temporarily until I move to a nearby ravine. Con: all villagers are dead. Sorry.
5m8LDxV.png

How my "base" looks/what it contains atm:
Messy un-sorted storage. Hurts my OCD.
SVA52w6.png

Some of the appliances mostly used for Tesseracts
k1NcaAh.png

Ic2 stuff
F57dkBs.png

Equipment and current amount of different banners
ax1EsRT.png

Skills
eZzue3J.png

My messy but working energy conversion. Some gets forwarded into Ic2 appliances, the rest goes to Tesseract that powers an ender quarry.
tXZvt8L.png

My ender quarry. Currently located in twilight. Twilight is currently conflicting with Biomes o plenty, so before I fix that, I decided to test my quarry there.
UvzNPlI.png

Also found a beautiful town with a bunch of packed ice
O6NBxGd.png

That's all for now, thanks for checking it out \o

(I pasted this part from 1st post)

PROGRESS!

One of to do's is done, and that is ditching the messy chest "system" and switching to applied energetics storage. First time I have been making & using it, and I absolutely love it! So far I have 10 4k storage, and one storage is completely empty, 1 is filled with 4 kb of items, and 4 contain 63 different item types. I plan to make an automated 64k storage factory at one point, since making discs on your own is a bit too tedious. I made a semi-automated creation line for 4k storage, and it was absolutely fantastic to watch it produce silicon and logic parts and others.
(picture is a bit older)
dpHTbmY.png

A rare Terrestrial came to my base. How neat is that? He is rare and spawns only on souls event, and he came knocking on my door! One rare less to kill. He also opened a portal I am yet to fully explore.

aaJSyuQ.png

Killed 2 bosses, Smash and Corallus, this is the more interesting gear they dropped.

AWitxXa.png

Hm2boEo.png

Look at those enchantments!

I made an auto rubber farm, fully automatic
9JjVRI9.png

My power generation is booming. I have upgrade to 44x2 geothermal generators all connected with glass cabling. Over 90 diamonds used on glass cables.
This is an older picture showing the generator layout
caAiKIX.png

Here is a newer picture showing all of the generators connected with glass cable
MiMyeIQ.png

How much power does this use? A LOT!

P2XabzG.png

And that's just 1/4 of the lava used TODAY! It's insane.

I made molecular transformer and I am able to power it, power 15 Ic2 machines and AE system and MFSU is still recharging. Oh yeah, I upgraded to MFSU as well. If I put nano inside to recharge it, MFSU is barely loosing any capacity.

Added more Ic2 machines to improve ore crushing and smelting
oSrdH8x.png

Made my 1st hybrid solar panel \o/
p8JKhNW.png

Goals completed & progress!

Found all kinds of horse armor.
qxm4Lyk.png

-currently on 6/10 red heart containers.
-have about 8 different banners (will provide picture next time),
-visited 3 different dimensions (not counting nether or twilight)

-killed 3/4 Overworld rare mobs, only Demon Reaper to go.

Last edited:

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is actually perfect for me. I love departed, but it seemed a little empty, so i added a variety of mods as well.
I added buildcraft, blood magic steves factory manager and steves addons. I later added Ars Magica 2. Initially i tried to add it, and it kept crashing, but it turns out you need to go into the configs and change a enchantment id for it to work. Ars magica 2 with Nevermine is just amazing.

Reactions: ectoplasmaticgoo

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else's AoA bugged & glitchy? I had to do a roll back because I fell trough the world when I was coming back from Mysterium portal.
Also, since I wasn't able to spawn King Shroomus because of a bug, I spawned another kind of boss that served as a replacement and used random.org to determine what loot would I get. I got same crappy staff, nothing spectacular.

Due to a roll back, not much has happened today.
I upgraded my nano to 2/4 quantum
id5bIXI.png

Current number of banners
al5t8Aq.png

On brighter side, I managed to find Fungung, one of the AoA rare mobs, so my time wasn't all that wasted. One less rare to find.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yusunoha

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
Like this thread, keep up the good work!

Thank you :) Thanks for checking the thread out \o

This thread is actually perfect for me. I love departed, but it seemed a little empty, so i added a variety of mods as well.
I added buildcraft, blood magic steves factory manager and steves addons. I later added Ars Magica 2. Initially i tried to add it, and it kept crashing, but it turns out you need to go into the configs and change a enchantment id for it to work. Ars magica 2 with Nevermine is just amazing.
Yeah, things can be really buggy when you add your own mods. For example,fluid pipes from buildcraft would imidieately shut down the server. Luckily I have ender IO so it's not that bad, but AoA bugs can be really frustrating tho. Had to do a rollback, ugh

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
How in blazes did you manage to start in the desert and actually live past the first day? I've tried about five times to get started in this pack and it just utterly destroys me every time, such that I've pretty much given up on playing this pack at all. Not much fun to dying incessantly to the point that one can't even go outside to punch trees, haha. Still, good work on your end and thanks for the screenshots!

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
How in blazes did you manage to start in the desert and actually live past the first day? I've tried about five times to get started in this pack and it just utterly destroys me every time, such that I've pretty much given up on playing this pack at all. Not much fun to dying incessantly to the point that one can't even go outside to punch trees, haha. Still, good work on your end and thanks for the screenshots!
Thanks for the kind words :)
And truth is, I didn't lol. I got killed SO.MANY.TIMES it's unreal. I lost count. I think that at one point there were 20+ lootable bodies in like 2 chunks. Once you die with your main gear it's really hard to get it back. Luckily, it doesn't despawn, so that's something. I focused on energy and once I got nano, it got a lot easier. Also, I believe I restarted world like 5 times for the exact same reason you mentioned. Pack has 0 mercy, it's really hard starting from nothing.

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
Progress update!

Since energy generation has been booming, I made a decent amount of iridum for another hybrid panel, quantum helmet and fortune 3 diamond drill.
ZJVIGQ2.png

jeHDvjA.png

Yes, the experimental version of Ic2 is a bit...glitchy, but everything works, so I don't care much.

cjq1RBt.png

I am finally starting to dig out the nearby ravine so I can move there. In that purpose, I made a mining laser and activated a blast mode. Here is the result.

XuHYiu6.png

ALtXWFw.png

FhpR1Ki.png

Ravine from both sides. It took like 2 minutes to blast out the path with mining laser. Such a sick item to have.

The reason I am so motivate to move out is because I am currently playing in a small sandstone house. I am too lazy to expand it, and because of it, my creations regarding the auto[anything] have a very limited space to be made in, and then it becomes really difficult to automatize them.
I made a small auto crushing-smelting system. I have to, atm, manually put ore into hoppers, which then feeds it into macerator who then sends it another hopper, hopper to ender chest, ender chest to hopper which then feds it into an induction furnace and then export bus sends it to ME drive. Induction furnace usually heats up to 92%, which is enough to smelt ore from 4 macerators each with 3 overcloackers.

srYWDC7.png

WmnGiaJ.png

wE4kqTI.png

Where am I getting all my ore from? An upgraded quarry with speed 2 and fortune.
Here is how messy the system was.
UhNzOiH.png

I didn't know quarry will mine your self placed blocks, and because it does, the system broke so I had to stop it. Luckily the quarry was almost done, so I gained lots of ore from it. I have a lot better system on my mind atm, however, I will wait to settle in a ravine before I attempt to make it.

I thought about making a nuclear reactor, but screw that. Bigger nuclear reactors give cca 300 EU/tick, which is like 60% of EU hybrid panel emits AND it's a lot, lot safer.

Next system I am going to make will probably be an auto killing contraption to farm wither skeleton skulls for me. To make a quantum panel, I need a fair amount of nether star. Ender IO has a fantastic way of running a spawner, and combined with Grinder from MineFactory Reloaded works amazingly.

See you next time peps, thanks for checking the thread out \o

Last edited:

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
Progress

New quarry system. Much faster and much easier to set up. Downside? It eats energy like furious Pete eats hot dogs on a eating competition day.
It's a lot less messy to transfer items with extra utilities's pipes. You can also speed upgrade the item exporter. I placed a stack of speed upgrades and it's managing to transport out everything faster than quarry scans the blocks.
HWLyOV2.png

2cn54om.png

Here is how I transport items from ender chest into ME drive. Probably not the most optimized, but it works, meh.

Vsk6LDn.png

I started to mine out and put blocks into ravine. It's still heavily WIP.
ALtXWFw.png

FhpR1Ki.png

F804RRw.png

Phs01ck.png

lnD4lLK.png

9vjSb8b.png

BRa5xly.png

Also, I made this very interesting crate lifting thingy. I put a mob inside and named him Greg. You can see the build from really far out
a0SB92w.png

SXAP1X2.png

qmceriL.png

qHWSXqA.png

I am also working on the 2nd side of the ravine atm, but I'll post those pictures next time.
Thanks for checking the thread out \o

Last edited:

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Hah! I quite like the caged beast whose name shall henceforth be known only as the 'Greg'. Monty Python-esque in a way, at least to me. In any case, also still interested in seeing what you do with that ravine ultimately, so keep on truckin'!

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
I was studying for most of today, but I went to play at least for a bit, and came up with this design. I really like it, I think I'll go with it for the ravine. Later on, the grass patches and brick walls will be change if there will be a room behind them.
I went for brick walls, they give the build the clean look while it still has enough detail, and placed some leaves and grass for extra decoration.
lFwthCX.png

wzlnT6k.png
[/IMG]
aUL0M2Q.png

wzlnT6k.png

I also lifted the cage up a bit and placed it a bit further away from the crane.
prPSlHf.png

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
Such update, much wow!

I did quite a progress if I can say so myself. I'll break it into a few smaller sections.

In order to build and equip the next part of the ravine, The Brain, I will need tons of resources. I will need tons, and I mean TONS, of gold and diamond. The brain of the ravine will be the main storage area, where I will have 20 ME Drives filled with 64k storage discs. Roughly, I will need around 800 diamonds in order to build that, and even more gold for all the logic chips.

Auto chip production system
Here is the 1st prototype of the auto chip production system. I was learning how it all works and how could I automate it.
This was just the basic idea of it.
The water was being pumped from Aqueous Accumulator into steam dynamo. Hopper was feeding it with coal to keep it running. I have over 50k coal, so it's fine.

zyWW3em.png

Dynamo was powering the pulverizer who was pulverizing the sand into silicon. The silicon was then transported trough pipes into inscriber and was made into the silicon chip. The other inscribers were directly fed by hoppers, and the items were transported into the chests.

5GiNmuY.png

tgaLQck.png

ramhmah.png

I needed more silicon chips, so I re-organized the inscribers a bit.

rvE3LDg.png

The final picture shows my setup for processor making.

KlUIV0Z.png

Since I will be leaving the base relatively soon, I decided to make a more permanent place for chip creation, hence why I created The Factory.

The Factory
(enjoy the time lapse)
sgGSLnV.png

1A8AtjG.png

4qWzB5q.png

RKrcpWN.png

NpG0zWC.png

evctTsO.png

2T5NQym.png

Lovely Tiffany, the secretary.

dWR1uc7.png

Gotta have some guards guarding your kingdom.

nOR57i0.png

Laborers!

5tjHsze.png

In the end, I did some modifications to increase the production speed. Here is how it looks.

10NT1aQ.png

8f6JCZd.png

We also had a bit of a situation on the work

trW3aE9.png

Yes, the factory works. Yes, it's very efficient. Yes, it could be even more efficient, tho I am fine with this.

Last edited:

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
PART 2
How will I get 800 diamonds for The Brain?

Quarry with speed 3
I placed the markers inside the twilight forest. The markers were placed inside the 2000x2000 area. The quarry will check around 144,000,000 blocks before it finishes. Yeah, that's a lot of blocks.
After 5.4 million blocks, I stopped the quarry.
d3mWFff.png

u22ujKK.png

1k diamonds
4QiLmWm.png

How much lava does the quarry use? Well...
zwFO0J1.png

Other small progresses
Added a new mod, enchanting plus. Look at this smexy axe.
yLOzuY2.png

Got 2 new hybrid panels
1UyVLFA.png

1st ME storage filled with 10x64k storage units.
Xo6tWOI.png

Caught 3 interesting creatures. Can you guess what will I do with them?
uuWIkgQ.png

x3gBTQ6.png

UDYdG9y.png

New To do's
  • build an auto wither skeleton farm to mass produce coal and skulls
  • finish The Brain
That's it for now, thank you for checking the thread \o

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that's it. I decided to retire this project.
The modpack is simply not fun anymore. At first, it was very interesting. So many new dimensions that you can explore, places, mobs, items to collect. But once you visit 2-3 dimensions, you realize that's mostly it. Each dimension is created based on the same concept. Mobs that drop items and gems, few altars and bosses, and that's literally it. Each dimension is just plain terrain with hoards of mobs, and at this point, it's not even hard to deal with them, it's annoying. Game breaking glitches, bosses that can't be spawned even tho they should, skills that are annoying and poorly concepted, mobs that attack you when you don't seem them and mobs that you can't damage with ranged/melee attacks. There is a difference between a hard, challenging pack, and a pack that's simply unfair and monotonous.
It should be quality > quantity. I would rather have fewer dimensions with more depth and a well-thought out content than so many dimensions created on the same principle, with almost no depth, which gets repetitive pretty fast.

Thanks all for checking the thread out. I will find a new project to work on pretty soon. Agrarian skies seem nice, I might do that, but it's not certain.
Thanks once again and I hope to see you in my new project \o

Reactions: Master_Builder_800

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that's it. I decided to retire this project.
The modpack is simply not fun anymore. At first, it was very interesting. So many new dimensions that you can explore, places, mobs, items to collect. But once you visit 2-3 dimensions, you realize that's mostly it. Each dimension is created based on the same concept. Mobs that drop items and gems, few altars and bosses, and that's literally it. Each dimension is just plain terrain with hoards of mobs, and at this point, it's not even hard to deal with them, it's annoying. Game breaking glitches, bosses that can't be spawned even tho they should, skills that are annoying and poorly concepted, mobs that attack you when you don't seem them and mobs that you can't damage with ranged/melee attacks. There is a difference between a hard, challenging pack, and a pack that's simply unfair and monotonous.
It should be quality > quantity. I would rather have fewer dimensions with more depth and a well-thought out content than so many dimensions created on the same principle, with almost no depth, which gets repetitive pretty fast.

Thanks all for checking the thread out. I will find a new project to work on pretty soon. Agrarian skies seem nice, I might do that, but it's not certain.
Thanks once again and I hope to see you in my new project \o
Well, best of luck with your next pack then! If nothing else, I don't disagree with your choice to stop seeing as I ended up fully uninstalling it myself and have zero intention of ever returning to the Advent of Ascension mod in the future excepting significant changes. I've been playing on a little custom pack a friend of mine made and while it has some definite bugs, it's kind of nice to play with other people again and flex my knowledge around others, haha. Take care out there!

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
SKYBLOCK PROJECT (let's see how long will this live)
If anyone is interested, this is how my base looked few days ago (before I deleted the old thread):
http://imgur.com/a/B6OxS

Update:

Base from above.
Eka24kO.png

Smeltery, nothing special, about to upgrade it.
d1Gp6l4.png

Auto clay production.
NmQ1vfc.png

Place where I tipped my 1st cow. Awww.
ENqqeiK.png

Mob spawner. I tried writing something amusing here, but I remembered I am not funny, so I gave up.
X9qeeDp.png

Chance cubes are fun...well, until they rain TNT upon you and leave a massive hole in the floor. I fixed it with literally the 1st block that
came to my hand and left it like that. It gives the base that engineering touch...you know, messy but functional!?
Ch0KKwN.png

Auto ore production. Igneous extruder produces cobble which is then sent to auto hammer and then to auto sieve. Auto sieve sends it to ender chest, #1 wireless item transporter. There is an import node connected between an ender chest and ME.
OZFnKO0.png

ME system. 37x4k drives and 3x16k drives. Quite frankly, you don't need anything more than 4k drives in FTB, at least not at this stage.
IK27971.png

Auto processor production. Put required matterials and the rest is done by itself. Imagine having to make all those processor via hand. Nuh-uh.
km1kG9e.png

My current power production. 96 lava generators and 1 8x furnace generator. Lava is pumped from the nether.
p2AjPDX.png

brFt7MU.png

Auto rubber tree wood sapling thingy
mKYNCae.png

This big cube is where I put my 3 blaze spawners found in the nether. Monster grinder does it's thing and then the blaze rods are sent via itemduct into 8x furnace.
TjbIwIu.png

You know what's OP? Tartarite armor. Who came up with this and said "Yeah, that totally won't ruin the game balance."
zHgrKv3.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JaRyCu

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
TWILIGHT FOREST!

This mod got such a big update since the last time I played it. Too bad it's still not finished, but I did get the lamp thing from the giant obsidian, which is the last thing you can obtain in the twilight forest. I guess I completed the twilight forest!? It truly is an amazing mod, one of my favorites for sure.
8i7Hnpy.png

gBu5MTt.png

CfoQxI2.png

21015fA.png

THE END

Since I finished Twilight forest, I decided to kill the ender dragon too. He was too easy with the longbow.
lMY0LrR.png

LONGBOW

I never knew how strong can TC weapons be with the iguana tweaks. Tartarite armor was OP to begin with. Sword dealt 26 damage, so 13 hearts. The bow I have does 87.5 HEARTS OF DAMAGE! Dear whoeveryoubelievein, that seriously needs nerfing. This bow one shots withers, and 2 shots the ender dragon, and with armor that provides around 200 protection, PvE is too easy, not counting the draconic dragon. This, the un-balance between mobs and gear is something I always disliked in the modded minecraft. Sure, I could not use OP stuff, but as a gamer, you can't expect me not to use and abuse gamebreaking glitches, OP stuff and cheesy tactics, that's not the gamer I was raised to be!
I also max leveled both the bow and the arrows.
hYNXfnf.png

xbR7trK.png

nEGKogj.png

AQOVkYz.png

WnOGb08.png

BASE UPDATE

In short, this is new at the base:
  • 2 ultimate solar hybrid panels
  • upgraded smeltery (it's beast now)
  • 1 new small smeltery for weapon making
  • finished the "dirt land" so more animals can spawn. Unfortunately, only cows spawn. Crappy biome.
  • new machines! I'm so lazy making those
Might not seem impressive, but dirt can be really scare in skyblock.
wl5PP0z.png

New panels.
1TvxHK6.png

Knapsack. I don't know why I always forget about it, but this thing is so useful to hold items you don't-need-now-but-might-need-soon-ish.
This picture is in your honor, knapsack!
5UDApfL.png

New smeltery. It's small.
8lByJsc.png

Look at this beast. This thing can hold 6000 ingots, and it pulls out 60 ingots per operation. It's massive. It's huge. It's BEAST!
However, it is also buggy so I will probably have to decrease it's size, unfortunately.
9J0YrjZ.png

s9VWucF.png

New machines. Not sure why I post this, nobody cares. I like pictures tho, so meh.
xNoo0A1.png

JoTHApN.png

4ghflUB.png

0OLeh2Y.png

Last edited:

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
I have to study, so my time to play is minimal. I didn't do much in the past few days, but I did decide what I am going to do next and I do have some minor updates.

I made cryo-stabilized fluxducts. It's not that I need them, but I like how they look. I also upgraded lava furnaces to 8x
cdApyfC.png

Added extra storage.
vPWBfaV.png

Made new bow & arrows. Arrows look like some kind of bombs...cute.
i7fe6bR.png

WchE8Ak.png

Biggest update is definitely the discovery of how OP big reactors are. Casing is a tad expensive, but once you build it, you are good to go.
I have a single 3 block core and the reactor makes 170RF/t. That's massive. So, with that power, I decided to upgrade auto sieves, and now, I am getting more yellorium than I am using, basically, unlimited power. So, the goal will be to make at least a 2 million RF/t reactor in the new base, mostly to put cryo fluxduct to use, but also, that's the most universal cables can handle.
6qKRDH6.png

Here is where I will be making my new steampunk style base. I love technical blocks, hence why steampunk style, and the Erebus has many mobs, so I will be able to use auto turrets. For every different automation process I will be making a new building. Will try to use carpenter's blocks and microblocks. Really impatient to start this project, but it will have to wait a bit.
T0jumsw.png

NWnnGve.png

NWnnGve.png