Ecto's skyblock (completed)

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
So, I tried making steampunk-ish garden, and I kinda like the way it looks. Microblocks really add that "something" to make your build more detailed without adding too much. I also used some immersive engineering blocks for decoration. Not sure if I should add anything.
9cB5j8O.png

S2r8tb1.png

nj3TAQV.png

owmDshk.png

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
Been studying so I wasn't able to play much. I upgraded my reactor, it makes almost 6 million rf/t. Craziness.
It took a lot of cryotheum to fill it up.
e2sZDQV.png

0QfpRyF.png

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
Been really busy (with minecraft, not studying, duh) today. Upgraded my pipes, increased processing speeds or various processes, made new storage cells, made a new mob farm...plenty of things to screenshot and share.

There is this bug, if you visit The End, your experience gets reset to the amount you had when you started the game. I didn't know that at 1st, so before I went to The End, I deposited my 128 levels. I went to The End, returned to Overworld and my levels were reset. So, naturally, I did some enchanting.
mKAyj7J.png

WVF0eIr.png

y63GZkJ.png

To enchant spikes, I had to use book and quill. Getting anything that is considered as black dye is ridiculous in skyblock. So, I had to make a squid "farm". I poured some water in the Overworld and waited for a single squid to spawn. I caught it with soul vial and used it to make ender io squid spawner. Got almost 2 stacks of ink sack which was enough for some minor enchanting.
mBeSlpw.png

I removed my old plank mob farm and made a new one, using RF and ender io spawners. Original design included bunch of clear glass, but enderman kept teleporting, so I had to change it. However, I am not even sure why I made enderman spawner. The amount of ender pearls I got within minutes is insane, so I won't need to grind for it anytime soon. Considering all that, I decided to gather every single openblock trophy. The drop chance is 0.1%, which isn't that bad if you are using spawners. Already got the creeper and enderman trophy. 14 more to go.
UaHBqLd.png

0D8aYxx.png

4nYFNVk.png

leOLizg.png

I finally "cleaned up" my base. I removed old fluid/item pipes and replaced them with new faster ones. I upgraded some machines, mostly machines like pulverizer by making them resonant. I removed auto-hammers cause they were inducing ton of lag and replaced them with pulverizers and macerator. All sieves now how fortune and speed upgrades which means more drops which means I had to upgrade storage. I made 40x64k storage cells and made ME system 2.0 (the red panel one). I also upgraded inscribers to advanced inscribers and used 5xacceleration cards per inscriber.
lyIaiAB.png

pSBPiGF.png

s6zU21g.png

zxtNDWk.png

YJ95g3c.png

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
Auto ore generating, processing and smelting.
Igneous extruder generates cobble which is then sent to pulverizer. Pulverizer either gives gravel or dust. Sand is obtained by sending gravel to macerator. Gravel, sand and dust are then sent into sieve. Sieve sends the item to "sorting diamond chest". On the diamond chest, there are pipes with whitelisted items, meaning only certain items will be sent to tier 3 crafter. From there, the blocks are sent to ender chest which sends the blocks into IC2 overclocked furnace. Furnace sends the ingots to another ender chest and then the ME import bus imports those ingots into storage cells. On the bottom of the diamond chest is another sorting pipe, which sorts out other drops that are not ores, like diamond and flint. Things I do want are directly sent into storage while others are filtered to trash.

Also this setup provides tong of lag, so I will probably have to shut it down at some point and make a simpler setup which generates only yellorium, and maybe other rare-ish things like diamonds and redstone.
ccRYKWP.png

lol
tpxdFwo.png

Reactions: JaRyCu

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Wow dude. You're doing more in a skyblock world than I can do in Crackpack or Infinity. And spawn-launching squid out into the air - pure genius. I think you should make 5-6 more spawners and have an entire platform of squid floundering around until they die a horrible, asphyxiated death.

Reactions: ectoplasmaticgoo

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
Wow dude. You're doing more in a skyblock world than I can do in Crackpack or Infinity. And spawn-launching squid out into the air - pure genius. I think you should make 5-6 more spawners and have an entire platform of squid floundering around until they die a horrible, asphyxiated death.
Thanks mate :)
And that genuinely mate me laugh, lol.

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
SQUID KILLING \o/
4KDTvjM.png

I love chance cubes. I got 2 bedrookium drums filled with water in it. Since the drums itself are useful, I wanted to empty them, but I didn't know how. Luckily, trash cans! Place several fluiducts and servos and connect them to a trash can. It took under an hour to empty I believe.
UYjKGz0.png

YUqbACr.png

So, what else is new...I crafted all those heart canisters, started making draconic armor, started playing with dimlets, made a wither farm that yields no skull drops and I am not sure why.

-draconic stuff, heart canisters
WhbS5gh.png

xjXg7HF.png

fXAD4sq.png

WHY am I not getting any skull drops from the wither farm? It's so disappointing. I tried grinder, autonomous activator with beheding sword, diamond spikes with looting, nothing. Tried looking at the ender io and COFH config, still nothing. Had to farm some skulls myself.
Use a skull in molecular transformer and after 250 million EU you get a nether star.
wither farm
uH3mYHc.png

ot2U88E.png

I started playing with dimlets. In order to reduce lag, I will have to stop using auto sieves, but to that to happen, I need a new source of ingots. Since I mostly need redstone, yellorium/uranium for big reactors, gold and diamond, those were my primary target.
I gathered around 50k redstone which should be enough for a while. I also found a redstone block dimlet. Yellorium/uranium is dropped frequently from sieving sand, so that won't be a problem, a small amount of sieving operation is fine. To get the diamond, you can use molecular transformer. Coal -> industrial diamond -> diamond. I have potential of 50k diamonds, so that's good. Only problem was/is gold. After 2 full draconic chests of dimlets, I wasn't able to find the gold ore/block dimlet. Luckily, you can create your own dimlets, so I made one. I also found some cool dimlets like gelid cryotheum and titanium (no need to go to space now). Much wow. Time to learn how to create dimensions.
OmXzjb6.png

AJJYnf4.png

f28t4cD.png

8FzW6RT.png

nHelAuH.png

k9i1ZvA.png

PLOT TWIST
If I can see Earth from here, where am I located then? Dun dun duuuuun.
Pcr0XNo.png

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
Last update in project ozone.
I watched some rftools dimensions tutorials, and woah, that's some seriously OP stuff. I basically made several dimensions containing ONLY the rarest loot. I was always short on gold and steel, so, I made dimensions just for farming them. However, that's not where I stopped. I also made titanium, gelid cryotheum and DRACONIC ORE world. I basically made draconium ore worth less than coal. What an OP mod.
gold world
3yjGbYH.png

steel world
H0IzYK8.png

gelid cryotheum world
0H7EHWl.png

I had to make my draconium ore dimlet. Since it required rarity 6 part, I had to do some "looting" and actually find a rarity 6 part that could be disassembled. Luckily I found it relatively quickly.
vVgu1JQ.png

mAVGrgO.png

Draconium ore world
d3YmVoH.png

With the fact that I had unlimited draconium ore, I max upgraded my armor, made a draconic staff and tier 7 energy storage.
b0uOv8Z.png

GnI7vGE.png

I also made a philosopher's stone, not sure why.
8ninMva.png

Final few screenshots of my base.
dsguEZT.png

DccKbEd.png

N7iJlaS.png

ExPqgAN.png

37Of3KT.png

That is it. My last post regarding the project ozone. At this point, I pretty much consider the pack completed, as I have achieved everything I was planning to. I can generate infinitive resource, have infinite power, OP armor, rare materials are super common...not much is left to do. I could finish all the quests in the book, but I am not interested. Most quests require me to craft and use things I don't need. Only thing I might do is learn more about galacticraft and visit some planets, but if I do, I won't post about it. Another thing I could do is kill chaos guardian, but considering how broken he is, I am not interested in that either.
All things considered, this was a fun pack, I learned a lot, no magic either.
I think it's time to switch to something more challenging, something like gregtech and infinity expert mode. Project ozone 2 apparently has a difficulty setting, so I'll wait for it's official release and decide whether I'll play it or not.

Until next time, see ya \o

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Your base looks so tiny from the aerial shots, but then you get in closer and there's SO. MUCH. STUFF. Those RFTools worlds are crazy, too! They really turn the end game into Creative Mode, and the DE armor makes you invulnerable to anything in the game.

Are those just blocks of diamond sitting out on the platform in the last picture?

Reactions: ectoplasmaticgoo

ectoplasmaticgoo

Jul 29, 2019
Your base looks so tiny from the aerial shots, but then you get in closer and there's SO. MUCH. STUFF. Those RFTools worlds are crazy, too! They really turn the end game into Creative Mode, and the DE armor makes you invulnerable to anything in the game.

Are those just blocks of diamond sitting out on the platform in the last picture?

Yeah, diamond blocks. The purpose for them was to serve as a pedestal for "trophies", such as mob heads, dragon egg, twilight forest trophies, openblock trophies...but I'm too lazy to farm them.