Easiest beginner way for RF power?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Or an EnderIO power monitor.

For beginner power, my favorite is actually a Magma Dynamo. Invar is cheap, and lava is plentiful. As long as you pump into a power cell, you don't need to have it running continuously. Plus steam needs a supply of water, and magma doesn't.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

skruis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a fan of the windmill from Immersive Engineering. It seems fairly early game to me: creosote, wood, industrial hemp, clay, electrum (gold/silver?), redstone and iron basically. You can craft your way to a dynamo pretty quickly but a windmill capacitor combo doesn't use any fuel and stores a good amount of RF. Industrial hemp regrows pretty quickly so you create multiple windmills pretty fast. I guess it's not too cheap or fast seeing as how you have to grow the hemp but I hate dealing w/ fuel. Maintenance free renewable energy works for me :)

Reactions: Type1Ninja

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Waterwheels are slightly cheaper, but a little more finicky requiring a construction to contain the water, but I definitely take your point about no fuel. It was always annoying early on.