DW20

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Codex

Jul 29, 2019
Scott, sorry to interject, but he means to relocate the conversation you guys are having over gregtech. :D

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You can stop speculating over whether he will use GregTech or not... Slowpoke said on his stream, where he announced the various future packs, that the DW20 pack will not have GregTech. Of course, things can change until release, but at the moment it looks like it won't be in.

As for the rest of the content, we can only speculate. I'm willing to bet money that he'll be playing with Industrialcraft, Computercraft, Redpower 2 and Thaumcraft 3, as well as addons such as Enderchests and Iron Chests. Probably also Portal Gun.

The biggest difference to normal FTB will probably be the fact that the FTB packs will be themed (magic vs. tech etc.), but Direwolf20 will pick and choose the mods he likes without making such distinctions.

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
there used ot be one of those but the author abandoned it ... It was pretty good :(

aha, that was my mod XD[DOUBLEPOST=1355433382][/DOUBLEPOST]another main feature between the DW20 pack, it that we will be distributing his maps through that pack (in the maps tab of course)

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
aha, that was my mod XD[DOUBLEPOST=1355433382][/DOUBLEPOST]another main feature between the DW20 pack, it that we will be distributing his maps through that pack (in the maps tab of course)
:) wooo its your thats cool I already thought you were awesome for the launcher but now ... I know you are :)

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Please relocate the GregTech debate.

Back on topic, I don't know about it vs. Ultimate, but I recall that ICBM was mentioned as a mod that'd have to be included in the direwolf pack that wasn't necessarily going into the mainline pack. Granted, that discussion was a couple months ago.

I agree with this. If you want to talk about GregTech move it to the thread Vauthil stated and i quoted.

DW will have his own pack because that means it will leave the other packs alone for people to join other servers while giving DW freedom of putting what mods he likes/dislikes ;)

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the forge craft server is using gregtech, but that doesn't mean DW20 won't use it for his upcoming season 5 SSP LP. I'm as anxious as anyone else to find out what mods he's going to tailor into his pack, it should be interesting if he does include ICBM and/or Universal Electricity as well as Gregtech/extra bees/Gravity gun, and anything else that hasn't been seen on his SMP videos of the forgecraft server.

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really hoping that he will play with Gregtech and I hope that in the Direwolf pack there will be laser's mod and also all of the other mod's that he's used in the past like maybe even doggy talent's so we can get another Dire Pup.[DOUBLEPOST=1355513867][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't think the forge craft server is using gregtech, but that doesn't mean DW20 won't use it for his upcoming season 5 SSP LP. I'm as anxious as anyone else to find out what mods he's going to tailor into his pack, it should be interesting if he does include ICBM and/or Universal Electricity as well as Gregtech/extra bees/Gravity gun, and anything else that hasn't been seen on his SMP videos of the forgecraft server.
Forge craft is using gregtech

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure they are? I haven't seen them make anything from gregtech? Not to mention they still use the basic mass fabricator and not gregs matter fabricator. They have none of the tools or machines he offers and still have all the basic recipes for all the machines. It seems weird to use gregtech but not actually use anything from it? Even the centrifuge is not seen once on any episode.

Also the minecraft forum page for DW20's SMP LP has a mod list that doesn't include gregtech. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1513504-direwolf20s-modded-lets-play-series/

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
There's apparently 3 packs to add on the ultimate and dw20 packs as this topic suggests but also a "Lite" pack. From the name we can assume this has a lot of the mods removed to make it Lite/Light.

If there is 3 more packs then I'm a lot more relaxed about GT cos it's bound to be in one (not Lite I guess :D).

I'm going to guess that the Ultimate pack doesn't have TC3 but the magic and dw20 packs will, cos we all know dw20 loves tc3, then again it might remain in magic/dw20 and go into the ultimate pack.

Who knows :)

Codex

Jul 29, 2019
There's apparently 3 packs to add on the ultimate and dw20 packs as this topic suggests but also a "Lite" pack. From the name we can assume this has a lot of the mods removed to make it Lite/Light.

If there is 3 more packs then I'm a lot more relaxed about GT cos it's bound to be in one (not Lite I guess :D).

I'm going to guess that the Ultimate pack doesn't have TC3 but the magic and dw20 packs will, cos we all know dw20 loves tc3, then again it might remain in magic/dw20 and go into the ultimate pack.

Who knows :)
Ultimate pack will contain all the mods, from what I've heard. TC3 will not go into the tech pack.

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure they are? I haven't seen them make anything from gregtech? Not to mention they still use the basic mass fabricator and not gregs matter fabricator. They have none of the tools or machines he offers and still have all the basic recipes for all the machines. It seems weird to use gregtech but not actually use anything from it? Even the centrifuge is not seen once on any episode.

Also the minecraft forum page for DW20's SMP LP has a mod list that doesn't include gregtech. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1513504-direwolf20s-modded-lets-play-series/
sorry sorry I thought all of those new reactor parts were from gregtech but then I realized it's just ic[DOUBLEPOST=1355523001][/DOUBLEPOST]all i'm hoping for is a new direpup

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
I think Slow said in one of his streams that DW20 will be smaller than the ultimate pack. So that kind of leaves out just throwing everything in there plus more. I'm thinking since he's made such a big name for himself testing out the newest mod that his pack will feature up and coming mods. Plus the feature Slow was talking about where like ever 10 shows they will put out a map pack which mirrors the world Dire is creating just kind of makes me think this will be the direction they go.