DW20

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

joseff amador

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering this myself, and wondering why it would be different from the ultimate pack.

Direwolf used like....every mod in his last SSP Let's Play series. And from what I understand, the Ultimate Pack will have...everything.

How will they differ?

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah what makes you think he want mods added ? maybe he want some taken out (I dont actually know I have to wait till I'm told as well)

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't he say in his GregTech spotlight video something about intending to use it in his next LP series...?

danny75

Jul 29, 2019
i think he will use GT. i'm glad...i find it a challenging mod, but it adds to the end-game. The only mods i've not seen him use in the beta series is Twilight Forest and Advanced Solar Panels (so far). I know he's a fan of ICBM and the Laser mod, but the former might have limited applications in ssp.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, I don't know why everyone hates gregtech tbh. Sure, some of the recipes changes are a bit silly, although understandable (lets be honest, macerators are kinda OP, double resources FTW?). The only thing I really disagree with is the recipe for the matter fabricator, but you can always just disable that and use the mass fabricator instead. The rest of the stuff (especially the nuclear stuff) I think are worthy additions to any modpack.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
there used ot be one of those but the author abandoned it ... It was pretty good :(
Daaaaaaaaaaaw... I was hoping that mod had continued forward. Well maybe it will happen again someday... Better yet an IC2 add on that creates custom 9X9 with a single block type of the players choice. just pop in a battery and you have insta housing.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Didn't he say in his GregTech spotlight video something about intending to use it in his next LP series...?
Then I doubt he would use the standard settings. The whole "balancing" mechanism from GT is to make you need to either mine way more than should be necessary or stand around and wait more than is necessary. The items it adds are fine but the changes it makes make IC2 obsolete in comparison to BC when in reality they were always basically even people just preferred IC2 because it was easier to understand.

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
Daaaaaaaaaaaw... I was hoping that mod had continued forward. Well maybe it will happen again someday... Better yet an IC2 add on that creates custom 9X9 with a single block type of the players choice. just pop in a battery and you have insta housing.
9 x 9 turtles are pretty cool though and fun to watch :)

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Please relocate the GregTech debate.

Back on topic, I don't know about it vs. Ultimate, but I recall that ICBM was mentioned as a mod that'd have to be included in the direwolf pack that wasn't necessarily going into the mainline pack. Granted, that discussion was a couple months ago.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
It depends on what DW is thinking he wants to do in the next series. Unless someone knows where he may have said specifically what mods he is planning (outside it being roughly the FTB pack with a few adjustments), we really will just have to wait and be surprised. And really, for the length of his LP series' runs, Gregtech would fit in just fine. :D

Codex

Jul 29, 2019
The main thing I am expecting from DW20's pack would probably be live modpack updates and game updates as HE is updating these mods.