DW20 1.10.2 Endgame power options?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

alwaysquads

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Ive been playing lots on a server with DW20 but it seems like there is a real shortage of endgame power as of now.

My current power is 5 setups of RFtools endergenic generators but the cost of maintaining an octa cap ender spawner is just too much for the gained RF/t. I now generate 55k RF/t but it costs 16k RF/t for the spawner to run and I dont want to add multiple of those spawners to keep the base lagfree.

My view on the other options ( have I missed one, or am I doing something wrong? )

- Netherstar generator extrautils2 , consumes stars way too much. You cant sustain several with a wither killer.
- Extreme reactors , not sustainable since yellorium is only to be mined very rarely with the quantum quarry.
- DeepResonance .. Have heard nothing but bad about it, its way too much effort and configuring for way too low power and a risk of blowing up your base. Dont know if its sustainable by quantum quarry?
- Diesel Generator from IE only outputs 4k rf/t.

Any ETA on draconic evolution reactors?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Yellorium is probably rare with your quantum quarry due to it being an actual dimension (that you can visit if you use RFTools). Maybe ask the admin (or if you are the admin do it yourself) to delete the dimension's folder and get a fresh one?

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Right, firstly, "blowing up your base" isn't something that happens with deep resonance, it's not an ic2 nuke. High pollution will destroy crops and cause bad debuffs, but it's not something that happens to you if you do it right. You don't use the crystals that form naturally in the world, you laser into existance the GOOD ones. Go watch the void base episodes of DW20 over on forge. That build he makes, more then possible in his pack.

Likewise, endergenic, the build he made in the void base makes that much on a single setup. Soryn is working to make it even MORE insane. Four of them would break 200k RF/T if it's fully charged and properly timed.

Still, lets not bother with those. Those are small fry.

RAINBOW GENERATOR. 3 MILLION RF/t

That's the endgame goal.

Downside is that there are 16 generators you have to have fueled and running to activate the rainbow generator. Some of them would be quite content with coal. Others consume lava, or food, or potions. Of course you'll also need to be feeding the nether generator the nether stars, but getting 3m is enough to make it worth it.

Edit: Looks like envirotech has HUGE solar multiblocks for the endgame, there's the draconic reactor for really REALLY endgame, and he JUST updated the pack to include extreme reactors (basically a port of big reactors).

Last edited:
Reactions: alwaysquads

alwaysquads

Jul 29, 2019
Right, firstly, "blowing up your base" isn't something that happens with deep resonance, it's not an ic2 nuke. High pollution will destroy crops and cause bad debuffs, but it's not something that happens to you if you do it right. You don't use the crystals that form naturally in the world, you laser into existance the GOOD ones. Go watch the void base episodes of DW20 over on forge. That build he makes, more then possible in his pack.

Likewise, endergenic, the build he made in the void base makes that much on a single setup. Soryn is working to make it even MORE insane. Four of them would break 200k RF/T if it's fully charged and properly timed.

Still, lets not bother with those. Those are small fry.

RAINBOW GENERATOR. 3 MILLION RF/t

That's the endgame goal.

Downside is that there are 16 generators you have to have fueled and running to activate the rainbow generator. Some of them would be quite content with coal. Others consume lava, or food, or potions. Of course you'll also need to be feeding the nether generator the nether stars, but getting 3m is enough to make it worth it.
Going to dive into that tonight. so i need to connect all the other generators to the rainbow gen? cant seem te find an online tutorial. Thanks!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

llllllllll

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Ive been playing lots on a server with DW20 but it seems like there is a real shortage of endgame power as of now.

My current power is 5 setups of RFtools endergenic generators but the cost of maintaining an octa cap ender spawner is just too much for the gained RF/t. I now generate 55k RF/t but it costs 16k RF/t for the spawner to run and I dont want to add multiple of those spawners to keep the base lagfree.

My view on the other options ( have I missed one, or am I doing something wrong? )

- Netherstar generator extrautils2 , consumes stars way too much. You cant sustain several with a wither killer.
- Extreme reactors , not sustainable since yellorium is only to be mined very rarely with the quantum quarry.
- DeepResonance .. Have heard nothing but bad about it, its way too much effort and configuring for way too low power and a risk of blowing up your base. Dont know if its sustainable by quantum quarry?
- Diesel Generator from IE only outputs 4k rf/t.

Any ETA on draconic evolution reactors?

there is mod called "woot"

if your problem :

-reduce lag
-spamm free enviroment

then this mod is good for you .

in case you are obe .

and word "cheating" means for you "death"

ignore this mod.

-----

as for power solution -> ender IO photovoltic panels , yes i mean build alot of it.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I think we are so used to the 1.7 none hardcore mods were PowerGen was very easy and onesided.
You mostly went directly to Big Reactors or a other mod that can give you so much power that for the next 2-3 steps of expending you don´t have to bother about it.

in DW20 1.10 I now feel like every project I´m going to setup needs an aument of the Power Gen or even a dedicated one.
This is differnt from what we are used too. But does not have to be bad.

I just spend several hours in creating a Thermoelectric Generator Array. 6 high and 20 colums. For the moment only Water and Lava so 6*20*15 = 1800RF/t
This is not much but passive and can be extended + improved by using blutonium and Ice for example.

Try to change your mindset and get away from 1 big room with energy for everything to a lot of smaller rooms with different Energy stuff.

And once you are getting to the Endgame were you will need more then this, there is Extreme Reactors. My Quarry gets enough Yellorium I think but if not you are always able to create a RFTools dimension with Yellorium.

Reactions: alwaysquads

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Diesel Generators from Immersive Engineering produces 4k RF/t each off of renewable resources.

Deep Resonance is actually a really cool mod. With the right setup, you can get over a million RF/t with minimal bad things that can be entirely contained.

Reactions: Dentvar

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Diesel Generators from Immersive Engineering produces 4k RF/t each off of renewable resources.

Deep Resonance is actually a really cool mod. With the right setup, you can get over a million RF/t with minimal bad things that can be entirely contained.
Diesel Generator is the next thing of my to-do but I find the amount of machines you have to build and the auto-farms a bit space intensive. But this is Immsersive Engeneering and something other would not fit into the mod :)

for Deep Resonance, are those 1 Million RF/t reactors maintanable ore just for peek production? Well... 1 million is maybe overkill but lets say 200k - 500k

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Diesel Generator is the next thing of my to-do but I find the amount of machines you have to build and the auto-farms a bit space intensive. But this is Immsersive Engeneering and something other would not fit into the mod :)

for Deep Resonance, are those 1 Million RF/t reactors maintanable ore just for peek production? Well... 1 million is maybe overkill but lets say 200k - 500k
Whether they are maintainable comes down to your proficiency at creating the top end crystals, I suspect; if you can keep up a steady supply of resonating ore and your required refining ingredients (things like diamonds, ender pearls stuff like that, as well as old/poor crystals), then there are blocks in Deep Resonance that will allow immediate swapping out of depleted crystals for new as soon as they run out.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
True, however the infrastructure will support several diesel generators.

That is sustainable, although you have to be quite good at the purification game. That's for a 100 power crystal, which is difficult to set up, and will likely require lots of expensive resources to hit. But you can hit, say, 75 power relatively easily and that cranks out over 100kRF/t.

The secret to no radiation is a high Purity rating. You can get up to around 85 purity just by filtering. The last fifteen percent, however, can get quite complex to achieve. But 100 Purity is a crystal which produces zero radiation whatsoever.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
True, however the infrastructure will support several diesel generators.

Any Math done on those? Will spare me some time later at home :) I thought it was always 1 Squeezer + 1 Can´t remember the name for the wheat stuff + 1 Refinary = 1 Generator.

The secret to no radiation is a high Purity rating. You can get up to around 85 purity just by filtering. The last fifteen percent, however, can get quite complex to achieve. But 100 Purity is a crystal which produces zero radiation whatsoever.

Sounds more like end game goal to make this runn 24/7... but until then it maybe usefull to get some energy Storage charged and then use it for temoral things... Thinking of some RFTool Dimensions that need 10k a ticket but you ussally just go in place the pump and let it run for 10 minutes or so... as I said before, we gonna need to change the mindset here.

Edit: Also we still have IC2 in here :) I know... but its there!

Last edited:

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Any Math done on those? Will spare me some time later at home :) I thought it was always 1 Squeezer + 1 Can´t remember the name for the wheat stuff + 1 Refinary = 1 Generator.
I'm still working on the numbers, but it is 1 Squeezer + 1 Fermenter + 1 Refinery = biofuel to supply at least 3-4 generators, depending on how you set the generators up.

Do keep in mind, the generators will consume a whole bucket, even if the work is interrupted by being full of energy. So you'll want to use something like EnderIO's Power Monitor to set up redstone control. Say turn on at 50% and turn off at 99% so you don't waste a whole bucket of fuel on almost no production.

Sounds more like end game goal to make this runn 24/7... but until then it maybe usefull to get some energy Storage charged and then use it for temoral things... Thinking of some RFTool Dimensions that need 10k a ticket but you ussally just go in place the pump and let it run for 10 minutes or so... as I said before, we gonna need to change the mindset here.
Just like with the generators, I set up the crystals to run when I need them, because it will produce and waste energy even if the energy storage attached to them is full. Which dramatically increases the longevity of the crystals themselves.

Reactions: Dentvar

alwaysquads

Jul 29, 2019
I think we are so used to the 1.7 none hardcore mods were PowerGen was very easy and onesided.
You mostly went directly to Big Reactors or a other mod that can give you so much power that for the next 2-3 steps of expending you don´t have to bother about it.

in DW20 1.10 I now feel like every project I´m going to setup needs an aument of the Power Gen or even a dedicated one.
This is differnt from what we are used too. But does not have to be bad.

I just spend several hours in creating a Thermoelectric Generator Array. 6 high and 20 colums. For the moment only Water and Lava so 6*20*15 = 1800RF/t
This is not much but passive and can be extended + improved by using blutonium and Ice for example.

Try to change your mindset and get away from 1 big room with energy for everything to a lot of smaller rooms with different Energy stuff.

And once you are getting to the Endgame were you will need more then this, there is Extreme Reactors. My Quarry gets enough Yellorium I think but if not you are always able to create a RFTools dimension with Yellorium.
Yeah I noticed that too. Once you hit endgame though you want to build some big infrastructure instead of smaller things. The reason extreme reactors is not so sustainable is because most servers disable custom rftools dimensions.

That way its going to require lots of quantum quarries to feed the yellorium.

Im exploring the rainbow generator now but automating all the 16 generators required is not that easy in thid pack.

Feydaway

Jul 29, 2019
Rainbow generator has been updated/nerfed.

Does anyone do Draconic power for endgame? I'm looking at that. It looks pretty cool.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Yeah I noticed that too. Once you hit endgame though you want to build some big infrastructure instead of smaller things. The reason extreme reactors is not so sustainable is because most servers disable custom rftools dimensions.

That way its going to require lots of quantum quarries to feed the yellorium.

Im exploring the rainbow generator now but automating all the 16 generators required is not that easy in thid pack.

I think there's a new quarry in a 1.10.2 mod (I can't remember which one but I've seen both DW20 and Bacon Donut using it) that mines an "imaginary" dimension that everyone can mine but nobody can travel to. According to DW20 this was created so that people on multiplayer servers wouldn't all be creating separate mining dimensions.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
I think there's a new quarry in a 1.10.2 mod (I can't remember which one but I've seen both DW20 and Bacon Donut using it) that mines an "imaginary" dimension that everyone can mine but nobody can travel to. According to DW20 this was created so that people on multiplayer servers wouldn't all be creating separate mining dimensions.

Quantum quarry from ExU2

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013

You can actually travel to the dimension with RFTools dimension builder... Just a FYI :)

Feydaway

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed.. Are draconic reactors ingame already?

Oh man...I dunno. I haven't checked JEI. I just started Draconic and I'm working on Wyvern stuff, but I watched a video on the reactor.

The infusion crafting is definitely in-game. I've set that up.