Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
You're not supposed to be able to enchant it. :p The only reason you can is because of a bug in vanilla Minecraft.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
You're not supposed to be able to enchant it. :p The only reason you can is because of a bug in vanilla Minecraft.

Noooooo :( don't remove it! I found out that only tool enchants work on it, not weapon enchants. Efficiency V and Fortune III, nice! :D

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Noooooo :( don't remove it! I found out that only tool enchants work on it, not weapon enchants. Efficiency V and Fortune III, nice! :D
You could try asking MachineMuse to make a module that does Fortune, for a cost "per block".

Like Fortune 0 doesn't do anything, Fortune I costs twice the power, fortune II costs four times, and fortune III for eight times.
Stacking with the "efficiency" that's already there, you can gave mining costing you quite a lot.

Personally, I don't see why you would not bring a fortune and a silk touch when you are going mining, but I guess most people want an all-in-one tool that does everything that can possibly be done.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

It was cool when Efficiency V worked on it and you could quantum dash at a stone wall while digging and tunnel. It was also stupidly strong and sort of pointless otherwise.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I can't imagine living without silk touch and fortune. As such I don't see the point of a tool which doesn't provide me with such.

Also, I had a tiny little lagg in the tinkering table, clicked the install button twice by accident when I was trying to install an elite battery.

Yeah, that's 6 chrome, 8 iridium, lots of diamonds redstone and lapis down the drain. I almost cussed up a storm.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
What the... it shouldn't be able to do that.... packets from the same player are handled on a single thread, aren't they? o_O

I really need to get that heat mechanic in...it would be the most sensible factor to encourage you to ration your Fortune usage..

Reactions: Jacobbelveder

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
I am all in favor of you adding in a module that lets you do fortune and adds heat/power consumption when its being used. Its a way to give a legit use for things in the multitool. right now I just keep a couple of pick axes with silk touch and fortune. However a tool that can switch back and forth would be very sweet.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, MachineMuses. Ars Magica support could probably enter your TODO list now that Direwolf20 has blessed it (or did you update it). He is the kingmaker, etc. The idea of supplementing my suit's power with my mana (at a good conversion ratio) and then supplementing my mana with my suit's battery (at a terrible conversion ratio) would be urh-mazing.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
What the... it shouldn't be able to do that.... packets from the same player are handled on a single thread, aren't they? o_O

I really need to get that heat mechanic in...it would be the most sensible factor to encourage you to ration your Fortune usage..
Yeah, well, perhaps, regardless of that, an "are you sure?" would be welcome.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I just assumed you were telling the truth. Were you not?

I think the issue was networking based; asymmetric networking connectivity issues are a pain in my world too! Probably the way it went down was that he hit the button and the response during a network glitch and then both got delivered very quickly without an actual error condition being registered.

Assuming that's what happened, a way to fix this without tiresome modal dialogues would be to have the client verify a state change in a fashion that invalidates user input on sensitive for some cooling down period. That way the client itself has to see the operation and start to render the cooldown and queued input events don't become an issue during a lagspike. Like animate the button changing color for a full second and don't re-enable the button until that animation itself is complete.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
I think the issue was networking based; asymmetric networking connectivity issues are a pain in my world too! Probably the way it went down was that he hit the button and the response during a network glitch and then both got delivered very quickly without an actual error condition being registered.

Assuming that's what happened, a way to fix this without tiresome modal dialogues would be to have the client verify a state change in a fashion that invalidates user input on sensitive for some cooling down period. That way the client itself has to see the operation and start to render the cooldown and queued input events don't become an issue during a lagspike. Like animate the button changing color for a full second and don't re-enable the button until that animation itself is complete.
Or make the button stay pressed down if the module is installed and pop up again if you remove it. It would be a nice graphical addition and (I imagine) still do what you explained :)

Reactions: EternalDensity

TheSourceCode95

Jul 29, 2019
I just love this mod, but there's one thing that bugs me. That is the auto-feeder. I love the idea, but it just doesn't work too well... It's really annoying while harvesting stuff like carrots or carrying rotten flesh for thaumcraft. Now I had an idea on how this could be solved. My idea was having some sort if inventory you can open up, and where you can only place food inside. Then only that food will be used to feed you. That way no food that you don't want to eat gets eaten.

Jacobbelveder

Jul 29, 2019
the way the feeder works has changed a lot since the version in dw20 pack, go download the latest 1.4.7 version and it'll eat items individually when you get hungry.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be changing it to an inventory system eventually but that's a bit of the way down the list, because it will require me to finally beat my head against the Vanilla gui slot system. I intend to make a unified interface for MPS-related inventory management - e.g. storage, crafting, and putting fuel into modules. Until then, Andrew2448's addon gives you the functionality. (he is the one who made the crafting table and auto-feeder module)

Reactions: EternalDensity

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be changing it to an inventory system eventually but that's a bit of the way down the list, because it will require me to finally beat my head against the Vanilla gui slot system.

Your GUI is better. Just sayin'. Everyone who sees it says so.

You should publish your keybind system as an API. The only bad thing you could possibly say about it is that it's awkward for more than two dozen keybinds or so.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely.
Please, keep your interface clear of all this "inventory", it doesn't add anything to your UI in your case, and it takes away so much space.