Dumb GregTech Question

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on this server, and I'm trying to get my config to match up my recipes with what the server has registered. I'm good for the most part, but I was wondering, specifically, how do I change the recipe for an Electric Wrench? I've been trying to use the GregTech recipe, but apparently, the server only recognizes the basic IC2 recipe. Anybody know how I have to edit my config to match up with this?

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm...well, I don't understand what you mean. I have the mods already. I got those through FTB Launcher. The server uses the Ultimate Pack, but has turned off a lot of the harder GregTech recipes in the config. Are you saying there's a way to download a server's config files to replace my own??? Because that would make this so much easier.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the server owner should be able to get you a copy of the configs he/she's using. There really is no other way to make sure they match up - it would be a guessing game.

I'm surprised you don't have it already. I'd never push config changes without making sure everyone on my server has them.

Reactions: southernfriedbb

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Get the config folder (not the mod folder) as client and server config files in the config folder should be the same. Usually if a server owner starts changing configs it's usually good practice for that server owner to zip up the server config folder and offer it for download to the players.

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but the thing is, it's a locally run server that only my friends know about. I know the guy personally. I don't expect him to post things up on a forum because we're keeping it private. I guess it's just a matter of persuading him to get a Dropbox or Google Drive account so we can share our config folders. We couldn't figure out how to e-mail an entire folder. It's kind of ridiculous that there isn't an easy means of direct internet file sharing without a third-party service (that I know of).

I just thought I'd ask the question here, on the off-chance that somebody might know the exact text I need to edit in the config files.

NosePicker5555

Jul 29, 2019
Get the config folder (not the mod folder) as client and server config files in the config folder should be the same. Usually if a server owner starts changing configs it's usually good practice for that server owner to zip up the server config folder and offer it for download to the players.
That's what i meant.. Whoops :D

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
K. Hopefully I can convince him of coming up with some means of getting me the whole config. Because there's really no way for me to figure out how to change that recipe. It's not in any of the GregTech configs, I have scoured those things. I was trying to look through some of the other files, too, but that was tedious, and I also didn't have the time. So I'll just hold out hope that someone knows exactly where I need to go, or that this guy will get on the ball with his server lol.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
They are simple text files. He could zip the folder and e-mail you them? The config folder is just under 1.5MB well under the 2MB file size most e-mails restrict you to in one e-mail.

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, hell, I didn't think about having him zip the folder. That makes sense. Well alright. I'll figure something out....If I get some cooperation from his end. Which I'm sure I will. He's pretty accomodating.

Thanks for taking the time to try and help, y'all!

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Look for your gregtech config and open Recipes.cfg

Look for

B:ElectricSteelTools=true

It will be in the "usefullrecipes" section

And obviously set it to false.

/actuallysolveOP'sproblem

Reactions: Gun_Shy

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
*EDIT*
Actually, it turns out that's not what I'm looking for. That only makes it so that you have to use steel instead of refined iron in the recipe. Doesn't actually change it back to the basic IC2 recipe.

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
I guess it's just a matter of persuading him to get a Dropbox or Google Drive account so we can share our config folders. We couldn't figure out how to e-mail an entire folder.

Zip or rar it then mail it, config files arnt that huge and can be zipped and mailed if needed.

It's kind of ridiculous that there isn't an easy means of direct internet file sharing without a third-party service (that I know of).

Mega File Upload ? think you dont need an account to share the files, then again i dunno if you want to cause you can just as easy zip/rar the folder and mail. You need to zip/rar it anyways to share it on file sharing sites, unless you want to setup a FTP or other type of hosted file sharing.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
*EDIT*
Actually, it turns out that's not what I'm looking for. That only makes it so that you have to use steel instead of refined iron in the recipe. Doesn't actually change it back to the basic IC2 recipe.

Hmmm I see. It appears that there is no way to revert this recipe.
If Gregtech is installed the old recipe must be totally overwritten... At least that's my guess.
I cannot find a config option in GregTech or IC2...

And the total and utter lack of info online regarding this leads me to believe it's probably not possible.

Does this server have GregTech active at all? You can also ask them what they did to revert to the original recipe.
That or just get the config from your friends like others have suggested... But I'm not sure that might help as I cannot find an option in the config.

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
If the server doesn't have GregTech and the client does, connection to the server will be refused, much like with updating mods server side only.

There is enough info about GregTech its config files on the internet found here.

The electric tools i cant recall how i changed them, but in the end it was a hassle to do so, i ended up changing back the following settings files:

Recipes.cfg - usefullrecipes\ic2recipes\circuitry = everything below those markers i set to false basically (not sure if ic2recipes are needed as there only for Qsuit stuff)

GregTech.cfg - features = contains some optional settings you might want to change like the Forestry bronze nerf, although im not 100% of its use, it contained the words nerf so i set it to false.

GregTech.cfg - machines = Also optional, but these are setting added by Gregtech, for vanilla experience you might to change these, i did for now but this is a setting i was tempted to not change since they actually make sense to me unlike some other settings.

GregTech.cfg - unificatortargets = this one is acually usefull, i set the all to true to reduce the number of conflicts between items that have been added by a few mods, if you want a clear explanation plz use the link i posted above to review these changes.

And that is all i changed basicly, with the unificatortargets and usefullrecipes\ic2recipes\circuitry being the most important to undo all the GregTech recipe settings and unify most resources (that gregtech uses).

I did pinpoint what kept the wrench and stuff on gregtech settings before, but as i failed to save my config a few times while updating i simply use the method mentioned above to change it all back to Easy mode and dint bother to figure that out again.

To test before posting i installed the Ultimate pack, copyed over these settings files i changed from the Mindcrack Pack, and now i have a Ultimate pack on Gregtech easy mode including the wrench (test for especially for the wrench as i was unsure about that one)

Although if the server is owned by friend i would just still ask them to zip/rar the config folder if you want your single player to be 100% the same as the server they run.

Gl hope this helps.

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've pretty much gathered all that. Except usefullrecipes\ic2recipes\circuitry. I've looked at that before, but I don't think I've changed anything in it. I'll give that a shot too. Thanks :D