Download working 1.6.2-1.6.4 modpacks?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
I just spent the good last 3 hours trying to make my own 1.6.4 modpack, using the same mods in FTB Unleashed, but leaving out the mods that are yet to be updated. It worked up to like 20 mods or so, then I started to get into mods with like 5 different versions and had no clue what version to download. Like IC2 Exp vs normal version, etc. I've never done this and it didn't turn out well, I gave up and ultimately deleted everything. I just don't want to put time into a server then run into issues later on because I did something wrong.

Is there a place to download user created modpacks to make this process easier on noobs like myself? FTB is perfect but it's slow to update. I'd really like to have a 1.6.2-1.6.4 server with up to date mods over sticking behind due to a few slow-to-update mods.

Thanks.

toiletzombie

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 said about 3 days ago that his single player would be updated "relatively soon". That of course means in 6 months, but I would imagine when his does there will also be a server version.

Vaupell

Jul 29, 2019
Well the AT launcher is just faster at getting things done.
Or atleast faster adding "user modpacks" because there are at least 10 packs with 1.6.x +

And FTB may infact have a lot of stuf going on in the background. But they do not relaese any info or news about anything.
the last couple of news items is completely unrelated, and is just marketing for that shop! :( and not for updates or launcher.

Had high hopes for FTB, but they came with the right idea, and we now see other people taking over,
with a more frequent update / information sharing with their community.

Something is wrong, when you are more successful manually updating the mods to a newer version
than the mod pack launchers, which where supposed to be making the process fast and easy.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Well the AT launcher is just faster at getting things done.
Or atleast faster adding "user modpacks" because there are at least 10 packs with 1.6.x +

And FTB may infact have a lot of stuf going on in the background. But they do not relaese any info or news about anything.
the last couple of news items is completely unrelated, and is just marketing for that shop! :( and not for updates or launcher.

Had high hopes for FTB, but they came with the right idea, and we now see other people taking over,
with a more frequent update / information sharing with their community.

Something is wrong, when you are more successful manually updating the mods to a newer version
than the mod pack launchers, which where supposed to be making the process fast and easy.

thing is, FTB isn't updating their old launcher, they are working on a whole new launcher. so they're not updating their old launcher to 1.6, but are working on making a new whole one, which is ofcourse more work. ATlauncher updated their old launcher to 1.6, so it was easier for them to update their launcher (not saying it was an easy thing to do, just "easier" when compared to FTB)

also ATlauncher provides modpacks created by others, and not by themselves. FTB provides modpacks by others, and their own modpacks, so that is ofcourse also more work for FTB
also note, that alot of the modpacks by FTB don't have all the mods updated to 1.6 yet, so even if the launcher was released, they wouldn't be able to release most of their own modpacks, so that could also be a reason why they still not have released their launcher. ofcourse there are people with modpacks on the launcher who have already updated their modpack to 1.6, but it's not like they can't share their modpack without the FTB launcher.

for me, FTB can take their time with the launcher, I rather have an awesome working launcher then a launcher that can just barely load a modpack.
as for news on the FTB launcher, what would you expect from FTB to share about? every week a topic on the forum that they're still working on it and that it's "coming soon"?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
It took me a good 6 to 7 hours to get my 1.6.4 server up and running with all the mods me and my buddy like, but it's been rock-solid for the last couple of weeks. I swear Mojang made some major CPU and memory (leak) fixes/improvements in 1.6.x.

Here's what I did:

1. Install vanilla MC 1.6.4
2. Install Forge for MC 1.6.4
3. Drop the mod .jar and .zip files into the mods folder
4. Work through all the block and item ID conflicts
5. Remove mods which simply didn't play nice with other mods, like Galacticraft for 1.6.4

I then took my client "mods" and "config" folder and copied them up to my server. Here's what I have on my server as of this writing:

[1.6.4]bspkrsCorev3.05.zip
appeng-rv13-c-mc162.jar
BattleTowers_1.6.4.zip
BiblioCraft[v1.4.1].zip
binnie-mods-1.8-dev2.jar
buildcraft-A-1.6.2-4.1.0.jar
ChickenChunks 1.3.3.3.jar
CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.6.jar
ComputerCraft1.56.zip
denLib-1.6.2-3.1.25.jar
EnchantingPlus-1.16.5.zip
EnderIO-1.6.4-0.3.3.18.jar
EnderStorage 1.4.3.4.jar
extrautils - 0.3 Prerelease 3a.zip
Factorization-0.8.04beta17.jar
flatsigns-1.6.2-universal-1.4.0.15.jar
forestry-A-2.3.0.6.jar
Hats2.0.2.zip
HatStand2.0.0.zip
IC2NuclearControl-1.6.2c-ic2-experimental.zip
industrialcraft-2_2.0.271-experimental.jar
ironchest-universal-1.6.4-5.4.1.618.zip
magicbees-2.1.6.jar
MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.0RC1-9.jar
miscperipherals-3.4b2.zip
ModularPowersuits-1.6.2-0.8.0-15.jar
mystcraft-uni-1.6.2-0.10.6.00.zip
Natura_1.6.2_2.1.9.jar
neiaddons-1.6.2-1.9.0.r40.jar
NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.5.jar
Numina-1.6.2-0.0.1-16.jar
obsidiplates-1.6.2-universal-2.0.0.15.jar
PluginsforForestry-1.6.2-3.1.19.jar
PowerCrystalsCore-1.1.8-7.jar
ProjectBench-1.6.2-v1.8.0.jar
Railcraft_1.6.2-8.1.0.0.jar
Ruins_1.6.4.zip
StevesCarts2.0.0.a132.zip
TConstruct_1.6.4_1.4.7.jar
Thaumcraft4.0.1.zip
ThaumicTinkerer 2.0-19.jar
Translocator 1.1.0.13.jar
twilightforest-1.20.1.jar
WR-CBE 1.4.0.6.jar

It's effectively a private mod-pack that I have no rights to publicly redistribute, but I'll be glad to share my configs with you if you send me a private message.

Phicksur

Jul 29, 2019
I have been working on a modpack for two months hoping that FTB would have updated to allow 1.6.2 modpacks. When I got the modpack done and FTB had still not updated to allow 1.6.2 modpacks I applied over on the ATLauncher site and my Explorer's Modpack was approved over there. Only one mod required manual installation (I got permissions for everyone else) since Twlight Forest changed their modpack policy two days before I was originally set to publish and the author isn't responding any more (grumble).

My purpose, as the modpack creator, is to get this into the hands of as many people as I can so I can get as much feedback as possible to make it into the best possible modpack possible.

Thus, I still hold out hope that FTB will start making itself open to 1.6.X modpacks sooner rather than later and then, maybe, will take my application for my modpack. I have only had the modpack open for 3 days on ATLauncher and have over 400 installs with 127 hours played in the last 24 hours alone, so I know people like it.

So, yeah, keep hoping that FTB will get itself up to date before 1.7 comes out (likely at Minecon in two weeks). I want to get more feedback on how to make the modpack better and right now it seems most folks are just too happy to play it without giving feedback (which I suppose is a good thing by itself).

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
In ATLauncher there is a vanilla option that permits to very easily make a folder containing minecraft + forge.
Very nice to try out something out quickly(like the current DEV version of tinker's construct being quite broken :p).

@MigukNamja:
BinaryMage states on his webpage that the version of mystcraft you're using won't work with 1.6.4 but that there should be a release soon. Have you tried it out yet?
As for projectbench, forestry has its own project table now(and neiaddons support it now).

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
MystCraft is mostly not working in 1.6.4, per the known issues with 1.6.4 village worldgen stuff. I've tried 4 or 5 random worlds and my server has crashed every time.

However, I still use MystCraft linking books as a cheap form of teleportation. It might be cheaty, but trekking back and forth is more work and less fun.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yeah I can see the linking books being nice if only to get rid of the nether portal :p.

I have a few questions:
-There are no more coremods I get it? Because I really want to use creepercollateral and if I create a folder coremods it doesn't load, so I put it in mods and it seems to work fine(at least it loads fine).
-Anything special for ore generation or is IC2 the only one that handles that in that mod list(note that I didn't get MFR)?
-Any other config information you changed? The defaults seem fine.

Anyway I'm quite surprised with the ease to set up a mod pack, 53 mods and not one ID conflict.

edit:
Ah nvm there is a message that says coremod creepercollateral wants 1.6.2 and this is 1.6.4 and won't be loaded.
Damnit :(.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
It took me a good 6 to 7 hours to get my 1.6.4 server up and running with all the mods me and my buddy like, but it's been rock-solid for the last couple of weeks. I swear Mojang made some major CPU and memory (leak) fixes/improvements in 1.6.x.

Here's what I did:

1. Install vanilla MC 1.6.4
2. Install Forge for MC 1.6.4
3. Drop the mod .jar and .zip files into the mods folder
4. Work through all the block and item ID conflicts
5. Remove mods which simply didn't play nice with other mods, like Galacticraft for 1.6.4

I then took my client "mods" and "config" folder and copied them up to my server. Here's what I have on my server as of this writing:

[1.6.4]bspkrsCorev3.05.zip
appeng-rv13-c-mc162.jar
BattleTowers_1.6.4.zip
BiblioCraft[v1.4.1].zip
binnie-mods-1.8-dev2.jar
buildcraft-A-1.6.2-4.1.0.jar
ChickenChunks 1.3.3.3.jar
CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.6.jar
ComputerCraft1.56.zip
denLib-1.6.2-3.1.25.jar
EnchantingPlus-1.16.5.zip
EnderIO-1.6.4-0.3.3.18.jar
EnderStorage 1.4.3.4.jar
extrautils - 0.3 Prerelease 3a.zip
Factorization-0.8.04beta17.jar
flatsigns-1.6.2-universal-1.4.0.15.jar
forestry-A-2.3.0.6.jar
Hats2.0.2.zip
HatStand2.0.0.zip
IC2NuclearControl-1.6.2c-ic2-experimental.zip
industrialcraft-2_2.0.271-experimental.jar
ironchest-universal-1.6.4-5.4.1.618.zip
magicbees-2.1.6.jar
MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.0RC1-9.jar
miscperipherals-3.4b2.zip
ModularPowersuits-1.6.2-0.8.0-15.jar
mystcraft-uni-1.6.2-0.10.6.00.zip
Natura_1.6.2_2.1.9.jar
neiaddons-1.6.2-1.9.0.r40.jar
NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.5.jar
Numina-1.6.2-0.0.1-16.jar
obsidiplates-1.6.2-universal-2.0.0.15.jar
PluginsforForestry-1.6.2-3.1.19.jar
PowerCrystalsCore-1.1.8-7.jar
ProjectBench-1.6.2-v1.8.0.jar
Railcraft_1.6.2-8.1.0.0.jar
Ruins_1.6.4.zip
StevesCarts2.0.0.a132.zip
TConstruct_1.6.4_1.4.7.jar
Thaumcraft4.0.1.zip
ThaumicTinkerer 2.0-19.jar
Translocator 1.1.0.13.jar
twilightforest-1.20.1.jar
WR-CBE 1.4.0.6.jar

It's effectively a private mod-pack that I have no rights to publicly redistribute, but I'll be glad to share my configs with you if you send me a private message.

I like mods that add new dungeon and structure generations to Minecraft, but sadly with Battletowers and Ruins the loot in the chests is usually very "vanilla" which is fine for a vanilla playing style, but not for a modded playing style :( I wish AtomicStryker would update the mods so modded loots could also be found in those chests...

RyanTheAllmighty

Jul 29, 2019
Did they have a launcher prior to 1.6?

Yup. We've been around longer than the FTB launcher just on a very small scale way back when.

ATlauncher updated their old launcher to 1.6, so it was easier for them to update their launcher (not saying it was an easy thing to do, just "easier" when compared to FTB)

Actually it was a complete rewrite, although not entirely just for 1.6, but it was the main focus

Reactions: SonOfABirch

Phicksur

Jul 29, 2019
I like mods that add new dungeon and structure generations to Minecraft, but sadly with Battletowers and Ruins the loot in the chests is usually very "vanilla" which is fine for a vanilla playing style, but not for a modded playing style :( I wish AtomicStryker would update the mods so modded loots could also be found in those chests...

You can customize the loot chests in BattleTowers. I did so in my modpack, so I know it is possible.

There is also another mod called Custom Loot Chests that adjusts the values in all loot chests of the various types I use to customize things.

So, it isn't a big deal, really.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
You can customize the loot chests in BattleTowers. I did so in my modpack, so I know it is possible.

There is also another mod called Custom Loot Chests that adjusts the values in all loot chests of the various types I use to customize things.

So, it isn't a big deal, really.

you could call me lazy, but I wanted those kinds of mods to automatically have compability with other mods... if I have to change the configurations to tell what items should be in a chest it feels like I'm cheating :( but configurations have always been a problem for me, always stuck with thinking if I'm not just making things too easy, or actually doing a configuration change that's fair

Phicksur

Jul 29, 2019
you could call me lazy, but I wanted those kinds of mods to automatically have compability with other mods... if I have to change the configurations to tell what items should be in a chest it feels like I'm cheating :( but configurations have always been a problem for me, always stuck with thinking if I'm not just making things too easy, or actually doing a configuration change that's fair

That was an issue for myself as well, which is why I have been trying to be very careful in my modpack to balance reward with risk. I am doing all the config tweaks to make things balanced so others, like yourself, don't have to.

So far I have had a LOT of chatter about "Minecraft is fun again!", and "OH GOD I NEED ARMOR!", and my favorite, "What the hell? What just killed me?" I MAY have leaned a bit too much on the hard side, but at least it is a challenge for my users. ;) Thankfully no one is whining, as I cannot STAND whining.