Download working 1.6.2-1.6.4 modpacks?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That was an issue for myself as well, which is why I have been trying to be very careful in my modpack to balance reward with risk. I am doing all the config tweaks to make things balanced so others, like yourself, don't have to.

So far I have had a LOT of chatter about "Minecraft is fun again!", and "OH GOD I NEED ARMOR!", and my favorite, "What the hell? What just killed me?" I MAY have leaned a bit too much on the hard side, but at least it is a challenge for my users. ;) Thankfully no one is whining, as I cannot STAND whining.

minecraft actually becomes fun when it's more towards the hard side, without the "hard" part modded minecraft becomes easy really fast.
to spice things up for myself I have infernal mobs installed. it's killed me quite often already, but it does make the game more challenging and fun

but my current modlist is very small, just because if I install too many mods I get a whole lot more configurations which I can't decide on xD
I do have to say I often keep configurations to standard, because I want to try to play the mod as how the mod developer thinks you should play it, they made it so they should know the best how you should play their mod xD

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Ok a little question to those that made their own 1.6.4 packs, how did you set up ore generation?
I disabled forestry copper/tin, tinker's construct copper/tin(leaving the surface ones).
Now there's the question of silver, strangely enough ic2 experimental has no silver.
Should I leave the factorization's generation of silver on then?

Anyway, what did you do for ore generation?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I probably should have turned copper and tin off. I'm finding too much of that relative to iron.

However, the silver and lead are about right. Enough, but not too much. I have had IC2, TiC, Forestry, and Factorization on my 1.6.4 server since the first error-free boot.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
You left all three on?
I tried on my test world and you get 3 different copper, 3 different tin, I find that very annoying.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, annoying, but not nearly as annoying as other bugs/issues. I can always ignore the ore, toss it away, or if I really want to unify it, I can run it all through the TiC smeltery or IC2 macerator/furnace.

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
I probably should have turned copper and tin off. I'm finding too much of that relative to iron.

However, the silver and lead are about right. Enough, but not too much. I have had IC2, TiC, Forestry, and Factorization on my 1.6.4 server since the first error-free boot.
Metallurgy let's you edit iron ore veins. To compensate, I doubled all the vanilla ore vein sizes and basic made iron into coal sized veins. After all the other ores took place it evened out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk