Greylist Server DOGS OF THE STATE: OUTPOSTS [FeedTheBeast - MindCrack v8] [1.4.7] [Mature] [Military Minded]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
Server Down While we Delete Traincraft

The problem persists. And it has to go. Hopefully we won't be down for more than a half hour.

Reactions: Tesmetron

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Are we looking at another chunk reset? I'll be on in about half an hour if we need to dig stuff outagain.

Tesmetron

Jul 29, 2019
I strongly dislike me some traincraft.

Oh yeah, Incom. I seem to still be in Adventure mode. Lucky i can break stuff with tools, but i can't punch wood or dirt at all, even far from spawn.

FlightFreq

Jul 29, 2019
Have you READ everything before this?
- Yes Sir.
How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom?
- Incomitatum was nice enough to give me a 15 minute or so tour, with Q&A session afterwards.
Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)?
- Boston, MA
How old are you?
If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor?
- N/A
What gender do you wish to be know by?
- Male
What is your Minecraft Username?
- FlightFreq
What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis?
- WoW, Far Cry 3, FTB, Replaying the Mass Effect series.
What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)?
- Builder or Farmer, though I happily perform the other tasks. Really enjoying Forestry right now for farming.
If you are added, how often do you intend to be on?
- I'm a regular gamer, so I log on regularly, perhaps 3/4 times a week if not more.
What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play?
- I'm between civilian jobs right now, so I'm on all the time. When gainfully employed, I'm on at night, perhaps 8pm est and on.
Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State?
- I am very polite and considerate. Also I prefer group projects to my own, so you'd most likely find me helping others with community projects. Don't worry though, I keep a tidy plot, and don't leave random things lying around.
(Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too?
- Unfortunately I'm new to the FTB MP world, so I can't offer much real world advice on this. I'll keep my ear to the ground though.
(Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed?
- Still serving in a reserve capacity, currently a Tsgt in the USAFR. Did a few years active after enlisting. Serving as a Loadmaster for the 337 Airlift Squadron, Westover ARB, MA.

SirStompsalot

Jul 29, 2019
Have you READ everything before this?
I have indeed, and asked a few questions for things I wasn't clear on.

How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom?
I requested a tour, and poked around a few central aspects of The Kingdom. I didn't explore much, though after seeing the network of roads I'm looking forward to doing just that!

Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)?
Edmonton, AB CA

How old are you?
30, as of last December.

If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor?

What gender do you wish to be know by?
Male

What is your Minecraft Username?
SirStompsalot

What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis?
I'm afraid I don't play a lot of other games these days.

What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)?
Builder. I love designing machine networks and automation, and my build style isn't that bad either. This unfortunately does mean that I'm a Farmer, and I love getting in touch with my inner tunnel-rat.

If you are added, how often do you intend to be on?
Daily, most definitely. Especially with Gregstech, there's always something to do.

What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play?
I work as a programmer, so most evenings and weekends I'm available to play.

Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State?
Like many of the others, I'm a reasonably well spoken gent with a lack of ego. I'm independent to the point where I rarely ask for anything, but I'm usually willing to give a helping hand to those that need it. My Redpower-fu is strong, my gregstech understanding is fairly good. I loathe server hopping, so I'm looking for a place to call "home" where I can get my mad scientist on.

(Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too?
I can't think of anything offhand; different things worked for different servers. I'm looking forward to seeing how you folks do things.

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome! Now there are 2 "Sir" playernames on the server and I call most people sir or ma'am. This ought to be fun.

Corvellus

Jul 29, 2019
  • Have you READ everything before this? I have indeed, the noob tutorial was easy enough after I read it.
  • How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? I spent the time on the small tour plus a few minutes while my friend SmokeEZ took his tour.
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? California, though I currently reside in ohio and will be moving soon.
  • How old are you? 22
  • If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor? N/A
  • What gender do you wish to be know by? Male?
  • What is your Minecraft Username? Corvellus
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? League of Legends, Warzone 2100 and Minecraft of course
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Builder/Engineer, I enjoy making a functional building.
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? More than likely once a day for an hour at least.
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Normally after 5pm Est until roughly 10pm.
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I'm new to FTB but I am a fast learner and enjoy making challenging projects that test my creativity.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
Let it be known:
  • For her hard work.
  • For her helpful nature.
  • For her friendly and joyful attitude.
  • For her vigilant eye in the fight against immaturity.
  • For her eagerness to aid in community projects.
Razzle1990 has been promoted to the rank of Moderator.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
What a busy day. We added the Ministry of Lumber (more machines to make soon), we added a very nice Plaza, and we razes the village to put in some housing.

Take a look at this link at the Alexandra Road Estate - London

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=5624680&postcount=345

That is the style I have planned for the Village. More on that soon. I hope to get to it sometime Saturday or Sunday.

Even more reference here on the left hand side of the page:

http://www.greatbuildings.com/cgi-bin/glk?http://housingprototypes.org/project?File_No=ENG001

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to micredbeard for his assistance.

I was NOT able to tell which pink or yellow block in MC Edit was a scarecrow. Mick did a local test and we are changing all scarecrows in the config file to id=0 (or Air). This SHOULD fix it, IF the problem is Scarecrows, which I still have yet to see evidence of.

Status
Not open for further replies.