Greylist Server DOGS OF THE STATE: OUTPOSTS [FeedTheBeast - MindCrack v8] [1.4.7] [Mature] [Military Minded]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

JuicySix

Jul 29, 2019
  • Have you READ everything before this? yes, plus everything after
  • How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? only a few minutes, seems I failed the initial challenge. I seriously thought I had to pick a hole to jump thru. Old mate on at the time said I would sadly be banned for failing, figured I would try my luck anyway here
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Australia
  • How old are you? 30
  • If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor?
  • What gender do you wish to be know by? male
  • What is your Minecraft Username? JuicySix
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? League of Legends
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Explorer, Farmer
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? a couple hours per evening, and usually one or both full days over the weekend
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? usually 5-8pm weekday evenings (timezone is UTC/GMT + 10)
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I am fairly creative, very easy going, really want to flex some creative muscle online with mature people.
honestly I'm not expecting much from this since I did fail the test, but in my defense i'm not the smartest person out there. I didn't even see it as a maze/challenge, and when I read "you should get through the Noob Challenge easily" I guess I figured it would be a series of questions, or tasks to complete. Too head strong, didn't look around at first. Just tired of playing SSP, and the thought of dealing with moronic children really is a massive turn off of SMP for myself.
Cheers

shigero

Jul 29, 2019
  • Have you READ everything before this?
Yes.​
  • How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom?
I have been lost around for 10 to 20 minutes. Then IMarvin saved me from zombies.​
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)?
I'm from Portugal.​
  • How old are you?
23​
-​
  • What gender do you wish to be know by?
Male​
  • What is your Minecraft Username?
Shigero​

• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis?
Minecraft and League of Legends.​

• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)?
I'm an TechBuilder I love to build contraptions using Redpower, Buildcraft, Railcraft and Industrialcraft, I also love forestry (hate bees). But to be honest I'm completely in love with the magical mods (Mystcraft, Thaumcraft3 and Soulshards), so maybe I will change my habits and go for some kind of new setup using magic.​
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on?
I spend a good amount of time playing Minecraft every day, 3 to 6 hours.​
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play?
I'm on GMT time zone, same time as London. I'm able to play a lot, I'm an freelancer so most of the time I work from home.​

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State?
Well I love to play Minecraft and it is a totally new game, when you play it with other people. I'm trying to find a new home with some cool and mature people to play and have fun with. That's why we are all here. To have fun and enjoy some good time building!​

(Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too?

(Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed?

blakc725

Jul 29, 2019
  • Have you READ everything before this? yes i have
  • How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? i have spent about 2 to 4 minutes in a tour
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? i am from Michigan
  • How old are you? i am 15 years of age
  • If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor? my father would be i think he is a retired vet for the MI army national guard in Lansing MI
  • What gender do you wish to be know by? male
  • What is your Minecraft Username? blakc725
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? halo on Xbox COD on Xbox and many other games
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Builder
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? i will be on almost every day to play about 2 hours a day
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? after i get home from school at 3:10 EST
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? my father was a great soldier and he had me learn good values and he helped me in any way he could i have learned a lot from him and i think i need to learn how to properly execute those skills. i think that this would be a great learning experience for me to use them.
  • (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? moderators and admins that play regularly not building in creative. but building like everyone else
  • (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? my history is in my father he was on 3 deployments in my life and was forced to retire because of his weight.

Syk0m0nk3y

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to try out your server but can't my version of the mod pack is apparently too new. Most of the mods I can find older versions of with the exception of Gregtech. I can't figure out where to get v2.73c so I can roll my version back. Any ideas where I can get it?

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to try out your server but can't my version of the mod pack is apparently too new. Most of the mods I can find older versions of with the exception of Gregtech. I can't figure out where to get v2.73c so I can roll my version back. Any ideas where I can get it?
All you need to do is select version 6 of Mindcrack in the launcher and you should be good to go.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
SERVER DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE.

Sorry this wasn't posted sooner; the host has to take our Dallas server offline for 1-3 hours starting about and hour ago. I'm going to bed, by the time I am up the server SHOULD be back; that is if they have the decency to turn them back on manually, instead of make US do it.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
SERVER IS UP.

To the Rest of you who have posted applications, be sure to complete the Challenge, and get a tour of the server. If you don't hear from me in game PM me, Baker, or Dan. for an interview once your application is accepted.

Sasquatchy

Jul 29, 2019
  • Have you READ everything before this? Yes, although I am trying to figure out what ROYGBIV has to do with survival.
  • How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? Think it was about 40 minutes or so. Maybe a little less.
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Currently in Ohio, soon I will be in Chicago.
  • How old are you? late 30s
  • If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor? N/A
  • What gender do you wish to be know by? definitely a man.
  • What is your Minecraft Username? Sasquatchy
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? I don't have time for many other games. Played plenty of MMOs in the past, occasionally I still play EVE Online.
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Builder. Definitely. I only farm and dig so i can build more.
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? Depends on my schedule. Typically a few times a week depending on my work load.
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Right now, i'm freelancing so typically evenings. As above this will also be typically dependent on my workload.
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I like the fact that your mostly vets and active duty military. I am also looking for a low-BS server with mature players rather than being surrounded by asshat kids with low adult-supervision. I want to enjoy my game time not hang out with kids my son's age. Also, i like the current infrastructure you have on your server. I like servers that have a level of cooperation instead of everyone just off on their own building redundant mechanics instead of working together.
  • (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? transportation systems via rail (we talked about that when i was touring), and less finite sources of energy - lava(via Nether) or biofuel feed by farm networks.
  • (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? Photographers Mate Petty Officer Second Class (PH2), USS Enterprise (CVN-65), USN. 1994-1999.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
blakc725

You are not old enough to play here. Unless you have REALLY impressed one of our other Players and gotten them to sponsor you, which I might add rarely happens.

barryman2

Jul 29, 2019
  • Have you READ everything before this? yes
  • How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? 10 or so minutes
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Australia (aka STRAYA)
  • How old are you? 28
  • What gender do you wish to be know by? bloke male
  • What is your Minecraft Username? barryman2
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? none just reinstalling steam now, want to try DayZ again since i have a computer now which can handle it
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft? farmer, digger. Not happy until extra dimensional barrels are full. Absolutly love farming, really keen on playing with bees.
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? 3 hours a day, more on weekends usually
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? anywhere from 6-10pm aussie time weekdays.(that is GMT + 10) Usually sundays I am on all day.
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? i'll tell you all about how good kangaroo pie's are. I've played on some large servers using other mod packs, and while it's sometimes cool to always have heaps of friends online at any time of the day, their always seemed like a new thing causing lag, new items being banned/unbanned as technology changes. Looking for somewhere a little quieter, more tight knit. Also looking for something playing these mod packs, obviously :p
  • (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? banning of all chunkloading items. Really helped tps a lot, but that was with 150 people (not FTB server) so it was kind of expected really. Allowing people to use EE2 to convert whatever into building blocks (not vice versa). Took away the op-ness of it, but allowed people to build much larger and more detailed buildings with blocks other than stone/stone brick (*NOTE* this isn't having a go at your guys spawn area. It is impressive, especially with the micro block add ons. This comment was more based on generic vanilla servers where options are limited). still a bit OP i guess >.> and yeah you would have to have trust your player base or set up tight restrictions
  • (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? no military history
*edit* to clean up, more precise answers, more explanation.

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
SERVER DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE.

Due to entities causing massive FPS lag near town center we had to take the server down. The server will be down for a bit while this is being fixed.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
Erztsuku,

We will NEVER put our server into offline mode. Not only does this void the warranty on the machine it unentitles us to support from the Host. If you like Minecraft you should buy it.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
SERVER BACK UP

Thanks to some good advice we were able to take the server down and ONLY grab the "regions" file (so the download didn't take forever).

Running "Region Fixer", the parser took all of 10 min. From there we we able to only have to UPLOAD the 1 file it touched by reading the timestamp.

What we thought was going to take hours has taken only maybe a half hour. All is well again and people SHOULDN"T be getting major lag near the MageTower or my Land.

TxTurbo1

Jul 29, 2019
  • Have you READ everything before this? Yes, and everything after it.
  • How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? Just a few minutes, I didn't want to inconvenience my tour guide.
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Portland, OR
  • How old are you? 28
  • What gender do you wish to be know by? Male
  • What is your Minecraft Username? TxTurbo1
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? League of Legends, Torchlight 2, LoTRO, STO
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Farmer/Builder (I like to make machines that automate things... aka, sorters, auto-crafting centers, self-contained farming systems, etc)
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? Hopefully a few hours a day, will skip a day here and there due to family and baby duties
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? 1900-2300 PST
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? You appreciate structure and direct communication.
  • (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? This will be my first Minecraft multiplayer experience.
  • (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? No, some para-military (local police) involvement

Status
Not open for further replies.