Does anyone else think that GregTech and RedPower threads are getting too self aware?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Does this thread need a useless poll too?

• Total voters

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Is this the new no-topic thread now?

Also, I added a little something in my signature just for this thread. Good job.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I do, but I can never find the time to actually do it :D.

BUT I build a platform for my bee breeding today. So there's that at least.
Is this the new no-topic thread now?

Also, I added a little something in my signature just for this thread. Good job.
Well, it's kinda obvious that one is semi-needed, however I do believe that naturally occurring OT topics are better than a sanctified anything goes free for alls.

The difference is conversation about subjects which aren't exactly important enough to merit their own thread, but interesting enough to be mentioned; and uncohesive random regurgitations of the worst kind. Any thread that goes that far should be locked... But not before, I'm still kinda peeved that mine got wiped =\.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Bees are kewl.
My iPad just corrected kewl to jewel.
The world gen hives aren't necessary, they just add an easier way to get the magic bees.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
If you have Extra Bees, the Hives are not necessary.
And I quote,
"Instead of having to perform 11 mutations just to get the first Magic Bee, you can do it in only 4 with the hives.

And, having installed Magic Bees and exploring it: Your claim is incorrect.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
And, having installed Magic Bees and exploring it: Your claim is incorrect.
When I finish the last of my school for today, I'll open up MC and find out the recipe for the Magic Bees.
I have Extra Bees installed, and the Thread still states compat with Extra Bees.
We'll see, we'll see.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Honestly, if it wasn't for the backpacks and the worktable, I'd probably dump Forestry. Bees are an interesting mechanic, but I no longer see the point. Extra Bees is simply 'time sink to creative lite'. Tree breeding is self-referential. The only reason to do tree breeding is to use the materials in Forestry multiblock farms.

MFR is entirely superior for creating and using biofuel (probably TOO good, actually. 16 MJ out of a bio reactor is probably too much) and automated farming in general, plus it also sets up automated cow farms and sheep farms and such. Multiblock farms require a ton of resources and timesink to set up properly (if you are wanting saplings for biomass, you're going to need to do tree-breeding). Plus the non-renewable apatite fertilizer being the only option (from within the mod) is kinda.... meh. If you're going to give us that much apatite, why not just let us use renewable means?

The worktable is pretty cool, though.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
you have done what I cannot...

Be devilishly handsome? I have that down pat. (That wasn't an insult to your looks, more a compliment to my own terribad ones.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the backpacks and the worktable, I'd probably dump Forestry. Bees are an interesting mechanic, but I no longer see the point. Extra Bees is simply 'time sink to creative lite'. Tree breeding is self-referential. The only reason to do tree breeding is to use the materials in Forestry multiblock farms.

MFR is entirely superior for creating and using biofuel (probably TOO good, actually. 16 MJ out of a bio reactor is probably too much) and automated farming in general, plus it also sets up automated cow farms and sheep farms and such. Multiblock farms require a ton of resources and timesink to set up properly (if you are wanting saplings for biomass, you're going to need to do tree-breeding). Plus the non-renewable apatite fertilizer being the only option (from within the mod) is kinda.... meh. If you're going to give us that much apatite, why not just let us use renewable means?

Forestry adds Clockwork engines, butterflies, and the electric engine is frankly neat.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019

I absolutely love Bees.
You have insulted me.
Of course, nobody cares, so I'll just curl up into a ball :p.

Reactions: the_j485

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Forestry adds Clockwork engines, butterflies, and the electric engine is frankly neat.
The Electric Engine is less neat when you don't have IC2 installed.

Clockwork engine requires a Clock, which is 4 gold for a basic tier 1 engine. No thanks, I'll go Hobbyist and get three of them for the same price.