Doc Succubism's Thaumcraft 4 Addon Discussion Topic! (NOW WITH TEASERS)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
refer to my first post in this series, thx.

let's reinvent the wheel 100,000k times, sounds like a gud plan guise. in fact, I'd like to see more borrowing and learning.

like i said, who cares? if they're learning, at least something, who really cares? get over it. I am sick of seeing qq posts like the one you linked, @Succubism. Could go for a lot less drama in the scene, because ermagherd, nobody is original. Hate to break it to you. :p

My last post. I said what I wanted to in the original one, now it's turning into something else entirely.

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
refer to my first post in this series, thx.

let's reinvent the wheel 100,000k times, sounds like a gud plan guise. in fact, I'd like to see more borrowing and learning.

like i said, who cares? if they're learning, at least something, who really cares? get over it. I am sick of seeing qq posts like the one you linked, @Succubism. Could go for a lot less drama in the scene, because ermagherd, nobody is original. Hate to break it to you. :p

I'd like to see you find anything in his mod that he wrote himself or innovated in, rather than having completely copy pasted code. Come back to me after you're done, it's not OK to take other people's work, say you did it (he didn't directly say he did it, but the lack of attribution is equivalent) and distribute your mod through adfly even.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see you find anything in his mod that he wrote himself or innovated in, rather than having completely copy pasted code. Come back to me after you're done, it's not OK to take other people's work, say you did it (he didn't directly say he did it, but the lack of attribution is equivalent) and distribute your mod through adfly even.

I'd like you to tell me all of your "ideas" that you "originated" and did not draw influence from an outside source.

Ready. Set. Go.

also, are you hovering over your F5 key on your alerts? man, I ninja edited on my last post and you still snagged it. decaf, girl. decaf.

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like you to tell me all of your "ideas" that you "originated" and did not draw influence from an outside source.
Using other's ideas is fine if you innovate and add something new to the table, effortlessly copy pasting all the work they put into doing it and calling it yours is not.

Reactions: Zebia

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you

Ready. Set. Go.

also, are you hovering over your F5 key on your alerts? man, I ninja edited on my last post and you still snagged it. decaf, girl. decaf.
There if a fuck tonne of difference between seeing an idea someone else used and then coding it yourself, and copy/pasting someone else's code. PLEASE be less ignorant.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Using other's ideas is fine if you innovate and add something new to the table, effortlessly copy pasting all the work they put into doing it and calling it yours is not.

you are missing the point. completely.

from my perspective, and i'm paid for my work, if somebody learns from a piece of my code, who cares? they seek me out, and not him, for a reason.

my absolute last post. maybe one day you'll see my point of view, maybe you won't. not my problem. good day to you. :)

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
you are missing the point. completely.

from my perspective, and i'm paid for my work, if somebody learns from a piece of my code, who cares? they seek me out, and not him, for a reason.

my absolute last post. maybe one day you'll see my point of view, maybe you won't. not my problem. good day to you. :)
Fine, learn from someone's code. But don't bloody well steal it wwith no credit.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
001.jpg

Nothing is original. Nothing, absolutely nothing.

The films you watch in cinema today are cheap ripoffs of past concepts, or even full blown crappy remakes. A lot of the the products you buy in the store were sci-fi several years ago. Nothing is original, not even you as a person. You're a cheap knockoff of your mother and father. You're going to have to deal with that one day, may as well start small, like with a class that allows a boomerang-like ability for your item. Who Cares? Really...

Reactions: CreepaCatcha

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
This is not bloody philosophy. People worked hard on that code, and someone just takes it as if it's theirs. That's enough to piss off mod authors and other coders alike. Especially when they make fucking money off of it.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I make money off of my work, so I'm in proper perspective. just my opinions.

I'm a fan of freedom of information, and I realize it doesn't fare well with a lot of people.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
It should be the mod author's opinion who gets to use their code and how they want it done. It's like taking someone's wallet because you believe they should let you.

And by the way, nice last post.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure all anyone asks here is just credit for their hard work, so, as far as i can see it, really it's just a matter of asking, apologizing for not asking, and refraining from attacking people on the internet.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure all anyone asks here is just credit for their hard work, so, as far as i can see it, really it's just a matter of asking, apologizing for not asking, and refraining from attacking people on the internet.
this.

vazkii's methods are what i disagree with, that's all. she is obviously on a crusade, and it cracks me up.

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
I'm at a complete loss as to what you're trying to prove here. Do you want to prove that I can't code in opengl? Do you want to prove that Thaumic History is perfectly fine?Do you want to prove that code is supposed to always be open and distributable and we have no right to refuse someone to use it? Do you want to prove that I attacked him? Do you want to prove everything is a ripoff of something? I don't know.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I'm at a complete loss as to what you're trying to prove here. Do you want to prove that I can't code in opengl? Do you want to prove that Thaumic History is perfectly fine?Do you want to prove that code is supposed to always be open and distributable and we have no right to refuse someone to use it? Do you want to prove that I attacked him? Do you want to prove everything is a ripoff of something? I don't know.
Honestly I don't even think -he- knows.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Whats best about this, is that midi is missing some pretty... important details, which have been pointed out a few times, which im currently laughing at xD

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
It's what happen when you start attacking people on the internet- he can't stop attacking you because whatever problem started the resentment becomes irrelevant to "not losing the argument".

Reactions: Succubism