Doc Succubism's Thaumcraft 4 Addon Discussion Topic! (NOW WITH TEASERS)

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
let's all clap for our newest addition to the thaumcraft family, Magistics!

tNOALPx.gif
The idea of it is a bit similar to Thaumic History.
I womder what it would be like wiht both addons.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Zebia

Jul 29, 2019
So Thaumcraft for 1.7.2 is up, anyone know etas for add-on mods have to catch up?

also what does everybody think of the new bauble system and the baubles added by thaumcraft and the add ons that have updated (to my knowledge thats TE and EM)

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Ripped the work of other modders. And I ain't touching magistshits either. Already stepping on other addon authors toes and has the gaul to replace Flaxbeards urn with his own. =/

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
So Thaumcraft for 1.7.2 is up, anyone know etas for add-on mods have to catch up?

also what does everybody think of the new bauble system and the baubles added by thaumcraft and the add ons that have updated (to my knowledge thats TE and EM)
A few of them are tidying up atm but mostly there. Technomancy's going to be stuck for a bit since it counts on TE. At just started on 1.7 stuff so it'll be a bit before we see it hit 1.7 Tx is the only addon fully prepared for 1.7

As for new baubles I think it's absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to see what's done with them. I'm loving the vis amulet and amber staff combo. Also loving the ability to make any armor into a runic piece.

Reactions: Zebia and Succubism

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
A few of them are tidying up atm but mostly there. Technomancy's going to be stuck for a bit since it counts on TE. At just started on 1.7 stuff so it'll be a bit before we see it hit 1.7 Tx is the only addon fully prepared for 1.7

As for new baubles I think it's absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to see what's done with them. I'm loving the vis amulet and amber staff combo. Also loving the ability to make any armor into a runic piece.
(BTW Killer is the Cartel's organized guy :'D He knows more than me in this respect)

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019

Meh. and vazkii doesn't know how to openGL, what's the point?

Apologies, every time I see a post from her reaming somebody for borrowing code snippets (or hell, even a class) it gets under my skin, because she's using azanor's renders. The very next post in that thread sums up my views on the subject. I I think she needs to get over it.

Personally, I don't mind if somebody uses a code snippet of mine as long as they learn from it.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Meh. and vazkii doesn't know how to openGL, what's the point?

Apologies, every time I see a post from her reaming somebody for borrowing code snippets (or hell, even a class) it gets under my skin, because she's using azanor's renders. The very next post in that thread sums up my views on the subject. I I think she needs to get over it.

Personally, I don't mind if somebody uses a code snippet of mine as long as they learn from it.
Stealing =/= Borrowing.
Lrn2Credit

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, say that all you want, but going on a witch hunt while borrowing yourself looks silly. :3

umadbtw?

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
maybe i didn't use the right word. his particles, sorry. :)

I figured you'd know what I was talking about, since that's the only thing of azanor's you're using?

I've said all I care to. Carry on.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't he ask for permission to use that...?

Already he did what History dun-didn't. Idiocy refuted.

honey_from_space_dandy_by_ravn73-d71izob.png

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
maybe i didn't use the right word. his particles, sorry. :) .

That still doesn't give you the right to assume I can't write opengl code, I can show you plenty of examples of fully functional opengl and glsl code I wrote. For one, the particle code is extermely light, and uses very little opengl calls rather than minecraft tessellator calls, see for yourself.
Second off, if you think the fact that I did not write my particles lets you say I can not write opengl code, you are clearly mistaken, plenty of examples of opengl code I found can be found [in] [the] [repository] and are completely independant from the particles azanor lent me. If you think the fact I used someone else's particles is enough to afirm I can not write opengl then you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and should not even bother with statements of the sort.
Lastly, unlike Thaumic History, my usage of else's code has been completely authorized.