Do rubber saplings grow inside

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

TWM12

Jul 29, 2019
Ever since i started to play ftb evolved expert mode my rubber saplings wont grow inside or grow if i plant them. In other pack they grow inside and grow when i plant them. Im trying to make a rubber/oak tree farm but can grow rubber trees

help~!!!!!!!1

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
A few questions,

1: IC2 Rubber trees or MFR?
2: Is there enough room for them to grow? Some rubber trees get quite tall.
3: Is there enough light for them to grow?
4: Have you tried bonemeal on them?

Reactions: RedBoss

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
For MFR rubber trees, you should look at at least 7x7x10(tall) space for just 1 tree to grow... it may use less, but that's just to be safe.
Add 1 block on the height for IC2

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
Another question: if it's the MFR ones what type do you have? The standard, mega, sacred or glowing sacred? If it's the normal then see above. If it's the others you REALLY don't want them growing in your base.

Reactions: jordsta95

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Another question: if it's the MFR ones what type do you have? The standard, mega, sacred or glowing sacred? If it's the normal then see above. If it's the others you REALLY don't want them growing in your base.

No, no, no. You want to plant the Super Utra Mega Glowing Rubber Tree of Server Annihilation directly in the center of your Server Admins' ME room. Add bonemeal. Leave the country and assume a new identity.

Seriously, who thought those things were a good idea, anyway?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
No, no, no. You want to plant the Super Utra Mega Glowing Rubber Tree of Server Annihilation directly in the center of your Server Admins' ME room. Add bonemeal. Leave the country and assume a new identity.

Seriously, who thought those things were a good idea, anyway?
It could be cool for an overgrown forest base... and the forest is just 1 tree

skruis

Jul 29, 2019
I watched Return of the Jedi the other night...makes me want to create a new base in a redwood forest.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
There is a huge difference between Endor Forest and the Super Ultra Mega Glowing Sacred Rubber Tree of Server Annihilation. It has the power to literally destroy the playability of your world. It will generally crash your world when it grows, due to the number of blocks being generated as well as the huge update to lighting effects. It can bring strong servers to their knees.

Honestly, having one to play in as a tree of life style base would be fun once, but if you should grow one without knowing what it was, you can kiss your world goodbye.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
There is a huge difference between Endor Forest and the Super Ultra Mega Glowing Sacred Rubber Tree of Server Annihilation. It has the power to literally destroy the playability of your world. It will generally crash your world when it grows, due to the number of blocks being generated as well as the huge update to lighting effects. It can bring strong servers to their knees.

Honestly, having one to play in as a tree of life style base would be fun once, but if you should grow one without knowing what it was, you can kiss your world goodbye.

I saw a system survive the Sacred Rubber tree on a video somewhere... What killed the server was trying to burn the tree down using lava. :D

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I grew a sacred rubber tree once. It corrupted some of the graphics when I got too close to the canopy, but a client restart fixed it.

I did take the precaution of setting it up far from my "base" in that testworld. That helped, no doubt. It also ended up overhanging a taint biome, which just made the dark and spooky area... darker and spookier.

Fast graphics should definitely help. With that enabled (not tested, by me at least) a giant rubber tree *should* be no harder on your client than a giant UFO of solid stone. For the server, on the other hand... yeah, I don't recommend burning it down.