Do 'Magnum Torches' work on bats?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
would be nice if it did, I still have to light everything up just to prevent them from spawning
damn batman, keep your bats in check D:

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Im curious if they will work on the beetles and larvae in The Erebus dimension, since those things dont seem to despawn. I think Im the only person on this forum to use that mod so I guess the onus is on me to find out the truth.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
This is one of the threads I just don't understand. The answer to the original question was given in the 2nd post, yet people ramble on and on
Advice on the answer already given is great, but then assuming a different question was asked and providing a different answer like Mudkip did is just ridiculous.
And like you said, this question was answered in the second post.

Reactions: Padfoote

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
He didn't want to prevent all spawns from reading the original post, you don't seem to have read the title of the thread:
Actually I do want it to stop all spawns, I was just curious whether or not they worked on bats.[DOUBLEPOST=1403338143][/DOUBLEPOST]
I asked this question awhile ago. I setup a command block with a fast timer running cofh killall bats.
*the only way*.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm playing in survival.
*no command blocks*

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I do want it to stop all spawns, I was just curious whether or not they worked on bats.
Something you should have stated in the OP.
Nevertheless, Mudkip's method was quite complicated, there are much easier ways to do it.

May I suggest:
  • Mob Spawn Controls
  • Using a ton of Magnum Torches
  • Or to kill them off once they spawn, Golems.

Last edited: