Do GT reactor fuels have a chance of leaving behind a near depleted uranium cell?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
So is there a chance that Thorium and/or Plutonium dropping a Near Depleted Uranium cell after they get consumed? Also does dual/quad increase the chances of dropping of them? Like a dual uranium having a 50% drop rate?

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Plutonium yes, thorium no.

From my experiences, duals and quads still have the same drop rate regardless, except you'll get 2 / 4 cells each time.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh cool Can't wait on "farming" uranium from Plutonium reactors! Then I could just burn up useless thorium dusts for UUM fabrication using the power from the reactors. Finally a way to technically make uranium without using those bees that "only" take about 2.5 hours for a single uranium. An array of Plutonium reactors won't be easy but hey once you setup it up right then I can make "infinite" uranium, slow but hey it'll work!

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
It won't make infinite uranium because plutonium requires one uranium per and still maintains the uranium output percentage. It will most certainly increase power yields and increase how far one uranium ore can go, but you're still gonna have to get it from bees or a auto moving quarry if you want an infinite source.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
How about I prove you wrong then? All you need to have along with GT+IC2 is Atomic Science.
Remember this centrifuging recipe?
2013-07-05_10.16.13.png

All we need to do is get those uranium cells to be uranium dusts again to feed the centrifuge to keep this thing spinning day or night and rain or shine! To do this you'll consume the cells in the process of this.

2013-07-05_10.16.29.png

With Atomic Science conversion we can make Uranium-235 then grinds that up

2013-07-05_10.16.40.png

So ha infinite uranium at our disposal! Just keep a bank of Industrial centrifuges spinning out those plutonium dusts then fire up some 0 chamber reactors with single plutonium+advance heat vent for every one in a checkerboard pattern to get those near depleted uranium and the rest you know the drill. Then once your done with that then use that conversion recipe and renewable reactors here you come! Finally an interesting and cool way of making renewable power and not the usual Biofuel/ethanol boilers, USPs factories or lava>engines and/or thermal generators. You'll get a ton of thorium and a decent count of Tungsten dusts with both can be used as renewable amplifiers! Since GT now nerfed cobble recyclers and they're lame anyway. I can't wait to pull this off on an industrial scale with a cool nuclear power plant. No more having to worry about daylight and/or tanks running on empty.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
So you post about gregtech fuels with a question on the FTB forum, someone contradicts a claim of infinite uranium in feed the beast, then you coin a snarky reply that its possible and that I'm wrong - within the custom modpack that youre using that's not part of FTB. Do you not see the logical disconnect here? No, I am not wrong in the context given, YOU are wrong for not providing context of your fringe mod setup.

If your response wasn't meant to be derogatory but more so to share information, it came across in a negative light that you didn't intend.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I just meant to share it that there is way to do it. Yep in FTB alone it's not but when you do add that mod it's does. I never even said "ho this will work in FTB" I just said " this will work with IC2+GT+Atomic Science" so I did said you'll need that mod for it to work.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Now I need to work out how to add atmoic science to my FTB pack...

Shame you lose cells in the process, but having some epic plutonium reactor makes up for it.

By the way, thorium isn't useless. You can use some single-thorium cells as cheap neutron reflectors.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea for 1.4.7 I believe you'll need Basic Components with it but if your playing 1.5+ you can just get Atomic Science by it's own. I have that mod and a hole bunch more tech mods on my server I'll have soon. Check my sig if your interested.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Hang on a mo - I just realised this is a UE addon. Does that mean we'll need that installed as well for this to work?

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like i'll have to wait for the pack to get updated then. Not that a technophobe like me would be able to work out how to add it.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
okay at least by then you can just throw Atomic Science in the "edit modpack" and your should be done. Like I said if your looking for a tech server, it's isn't a bad idea to check my out.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't be any good on a server, I just spend 90% of my ftb time cheating stuff in that I can't be arsed getting properly.

I also think we should time how long it takes Greg to patch this 'exploit' (that still isn't as OP as solars, but you know Greg).

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I just wished this would be left in cause the process is so long and crazy expensive to get all those "plutonium reactors" and a couple of breeders for mass production. It's does eat a cell for every conversion so it's does have an actual cost of doing this beside being some time and start up costs.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I just meant to share it that there is way to do it. Yep in FTB alone it's not but when you do add that mod it's does. I never even said "ho this will work in FTB" I just said " this will work with IC2+GT+Atomic Science" so I did said you'll need that mod for it to work.

its all good, sometimes text doesnt properly give off the tone of a comment so misunderstandings happen. im a tad touchy for other reasons this morning so my apologies for blowing it out of proportion.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
okay thanks and so it's cool then. I know there times that people need to "vent", but now that you said your sorry for doing it now it's good.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps THIS was why the IC2 uranium - Atomic Science Uranium recipe was disabled in RR.

In guessing DoctorOr or someone has something like this, and had reported it to dave.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
You should actually say Recipes cause I'm guessing the 9>Uranium block one is as well. Hate when adims going crazy like that. It's common with Mining Lasers too, why not look on the bright side as a server owner and weigh them out? I well with this and other "exploits" people called them so I don't have to worry about so much HDD space consumption and having mass quarries eating up CPU and memory all the time. There are breaking points and there are "actual exploits" out there that shouldn't be on servers but this one is not one of them or even Mining lasers (just make it require more work per ore and bam it's not "oped" anymore).

kenken244

Jul 29, 2019
This is an exploit, there is no argument. You are creating an infinite resource loop, producing uranium and other stuff out of only uranium, forever, with no input. Especially since uranium is meant to be non-renewable.