DLC for Minecraft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
You forgot that some vanilla players like the fact that they can keep a persistent world between vanilla updates. Modders can't do that ATM.
Actually several vanilla updates [such as 1.7, or b1.8] significantly changed the world-gen, so using an older world would result in a very unsightly mess [effectively forcing players to reset, or pull of some insane world-editing to fix the mess].

Likewise its modPACKS that normally lack the persistence- individual mods [with one or two exceptions] can normally port over without too many issues.
(though there is a strong correlation between vanilla dropping persistent worlds, and mod devs doing the same through that update)

About three thousand years ago, a wise man said "everything is worth what it's purchaser will pay for it". It's still true today. I've bought the odd skin pack for various games for the price of a coffee, and I choose to 'pay' for some Minecraft mods by donating to the creators.
Yep- this would make modded MC the most expensive game I've ever owned. Totally worth it considering how much fun I've had with it- very good value for money.

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
Console gamers have sadly had a tendency to put up with money-grabbing tactics like that. The reason these business practices still exist is that they still work, sadly...

However I don't anticipate it being a problem for PC users. So many people are making texture packs/skins for free for pc that even if Microsoft started selling these resources, you'd by no means have to go through them to get yourself texture packs or skins. The cats out of the bag and already raising a family when it comes to that one.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
My prediction of the future:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 26