Disabling Rubber Boots

Milso

Jul 29, 2019
OK I'm trying to disable rubber boots till they are fixed.

first i tried to set the itemArmorRubBoots=0 in both the config and ic2_map files
it sort of worked but when a player tries to craft them it gives them an iron shovel.... (don't ask I don't know why)

Second i tried Recipe remover http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1475847- and that seamed to do nothing at all.
i know it was installed right as it created the config.

3rd I decided to ask for help so here I am. Any Ideas?

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Are you giving the updated config files and the recepie remover mod to the players as well?

Milso

Jul 29, 2019
Was hoping to just disable on server end as I do plan on enabling them once updated with the fix. And dont like to change client side if not needed.
the recipe remover mod says its server only mod.
I will post on there forum tonight (work blocks minecraftforums)

FYI: Also default ID in config is 29955 but nei shows the item ingame as 30211

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
FYI: Also default ID in config is 29955 but nei shows the item ingame as 30211
That's a quirk of Minecraft-mod interaction. Minecraft adds 256 to whatever you specify; some mod authors have subtraction written in to counter this, others don't. One of the benefits of running a modpack is not having to remember which mods do and do not exhibit this behavior. =)

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Stick a sign at spawn letting players know rubber boots are bugged do not craft, if they choose to ignore it they get an iron shovel as a reminder :p

Milso

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm going to just do a command block to remove them on a timer. a computer on a 5 min timer should do the trick with little to no cpu usage increase.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Timer...... sigh... if only ...........soon I guess :)
Place down a wooden pressure plate, place a wooden pipe on top of it and an ignious extruder on top of that.
Now feed the ignious extruder a bucket of lava and a bucket water then make the bottom side a unpowered/uncoloured output.
Now place an autarchic gate (or redstone engine with inverted signal from the pressure plate) and set it to pump items when it doesn't recieve a redstone signal.
Lastly place a piece or redstone besides the pressure plate and a block at the end of the redstone, place a torch on the block on the opposite side.
Should time 5 minutes quite accurately, give or take a few seconds :D
(Really hope RP2 release soon xD)

Milso

Jul 29, 2019
was just thinking of doing computer craft with a 5 min timer. But yes would love to have RP2 again i keep building redstone logic gates the old way and they are huge compared to RP2 single block version :(

Raymo2323

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to add on to this post with a bug I found. I also disabled the rubber boots and now everyone gets the shovels. The problem is:
xYa9n.png

And it still outputs the coords and causes them to not receive the fall damage bug. How do I just stop this completely?

Milso

Jul 29, 2019
The only way I found was a command block with /clear setup to remove them and a comouter based timer.