Direworlf20 1.7.10 No Pipes.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

axelwomble

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing Direwolf20 1.7.10 and i can't seem to find the Thermal Expansion pipes. They are all gone even the conduits. I have checked the configs and seen if there was any new mods to transfer power and items but I can't seem to find any for early game. Any idea or suggestions. Thanks

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Te pipes are going to be adeed I a separate mod.

Sent from my flux armor using the tappatalk app from the flux store

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
For your pipes, I definitely recommend the ones from Ender IO. Not sure what you mean when you say that AE2 has barely anything.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You're obviously not aware of all the recent changes with Thermal Expansion. Instead of us trying to explain, I think going here to read will help you, but there still isn't very much of a wiki yet: http://teamcofh.com/

For instance, this sentence is on that page: "Thermal Expansion does not currently and will not in the future have ducts in it, they will be a separate mod when they are finished." The mod will be called "Thermal Dynamics" from what I've heard.

RWTema recently was added to the team to help finish up the conduits, but they're not done yet. Soon. For now, everyone is using Ender IO conduits and since RWTema comes from the ExtraUtilities mod, people also use that mod's conduits and transfer nodes (I haven't used them yet so I'm not very knowledgeable).

Last edited:

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
EnderIO's conduits for items and power are the best atm. However they are the most expensive. You need an alloy furnace up and running to even make conductive iron for the lowest tire power conduit. For item conduits you will need pulsating iron nugests which is another alloy furnace recipe.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO's conduits for items and power are the best atm. However they are the most expensive. You need an alloy furnace up and running to even make conductive iron for the lowest tire power conduit. For item conduits you will need pulsating iron nugests which is another alloy furnace recipe.
Item conduits are a bit pricey because they require ender pearls, but setting up a stirling generator and an alloy furnace is not expensive, and conductive alloy is just iron and redstone.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Item conduits are a bit pricey because they require ender pearls, but setting up a stirling generator and an alloy furnace is not expensive, and conductive alloy is just iron and redstone.
Yes but TE conduits did not require an alloy or a machine to make said alloy. Hence more expensive. If you use Enderio the ender sword increases ender pearl drops especially when powered and enchanted with looting 3. Sometimes I get 4 pearls per kill with that sword.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
And Extra Utilities transfer pipes are cheap as heck. The nodes aren't that cheap but its off set but the fact you only need one and that the transfer pipes are super cheap. I just find the EnderIO item conduits to be very very powerful.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

^This.
I'm at the point on my 1.7 world where I'm usually just beginning to think of building a macerator... I already have a SAG mill, an Alloy Smelter, 2 Hardened Leadstone Energy Cells and was using 2 Survivalist Generators to charge the spare.

I've since incrementally built both a Furnace and a Culinary Generator (burns food!) to charge the cells faster and last night built my first "Big Reactor" and relegated my furnaces to emergency backup status.

The reactor is 4 wide, 3 deep and 3 high, with both internal blocks containing fuel rods. The control panel is on the front, with 2 access ports on the bottom (1 in, 1 out) connected via item conduits to a chest which auto-feeds Yellorium in and collects the by-product. My power tap is on the side facing into the wall and connected with energy conduits to the energy cells sitting on top of my machines. I've added a Painting machine to the side of one cell to let me make conduit covers that match the surrounding blocks.

The reactor produces about 525 RF/t, about 10 times what I need so far, and I only turn it on when it's needed.

Total RF capacity:
Code:
              Reactor: 10,000,000
             LS Cells:  2,000,000
             Sag mill:    500,000
        Alloy Smelter:    500,000
     Painting Machine:    500,000
Survivalist Generator:    500,000
    Furnace Generator:    500,000 (currently empty)
   Culinary Generator:    500,000

Total = 15,000,000 max (14,500,000 charged)

[Edit]: A few screenshots:
Emergency generators
2014-11-08_07.57.15.png

Operating area
2014-11-08_07.57.31.png

"Hidden" conduit
2014-11-08_07.58.31.png

Reactor performance
2014-11-08_08.00.54.png

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
For my gameplay, I find I need the power/fluid conduits right away, but I can live without the item conduits for a while after that. Ender pearls are def not an early-game item, at least in any kind of quantity unless you have BOP and can find an Ominous Woods biome which is the ender pearl goldmine until you can get to the End and beat that Dragon.

Then again, item conduits only cost 3 nuggets... so one enderpearl+iron in an alloy smelter will give one ingot which is 9 nuggets... so one enderpearl will give you 24 item conduits if you can find a way to scrape one up somehow (take a risk, go out at night and only look at the enderman's feet so he won't teleport away while you attack him!).

Last edited:

Lykeuhfox

Jul 29, 2019
I've also noticed that there is only one facade for applied energistics - limestone. I might be doing it wrong though, I'm an AE noob.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I've also noticed that there is only one facade for applied energistics - limestone. I might be doing it wrong though, I'm an AE noob.
You should be able to enable/disable blocks as facades in the config.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The mod INpure core (?) stops NEI from displaying every facade, microblock & filled drum, leaving only 1 example of the recipe.

This. The INpure mod is good, but if you don't know about it you might be fooled into thinking certain items aren't in the game. It also might be the reason the Thermal Expansion machine tier recipes aren't correct, they all show a (Basic) machine in the recipe however you have to work your way up the tiers like a ladder. You can't make a top tier machine from the lowest tier machine, you have to make them in sequence. If you examine NEI you will be fooled like I was.

axelwomble

Jul 29, 2019
I can't find ME Glass Cable or craft it in AE2. I am watching Direwolf20's video and he has it why don't I?