Direwolf20 pack - what mods to turn off?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
What mods can i turn off from Direwolf20 pack Minecraft 1.12 if i want to make the pack a bit lighter?
I am usually never that interested in magic mods...

Any tips on how to prioritize?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I dont think DW20 pack is customized at all, or if anything very little balance changes. So you could probably disable whatever you want, as long as you make sure to disable mods that depend on each other together.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
About the only things not to turn off are Thermal Foundations and CofH world. Because that's his default oregens.

Astral Sorcery, and Botania should be dropped before starting the world because of world gen. Blood Magic doesn't have any that I know of. Can probably ditch Magic Bees along with it. Psi can also go, though whether you call it a magic mod or not is up to you.

Twilight Forest is boring with Tech mods, but adds no world gen.

I'd basically ditch all of the RFTools mods and Deep Resonance as well, but only because I know I'd never use them.

Reactions: rhn

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
You could also try and do the opposite. Manually add VanillaFix. That helps performance and load times drastically.

Reactions: grandrolf

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
Having seen your other post, the first thing to turn off is anything that uses magic like blood magic, botania, and psi. The next thing to shut off is any mods you (probably) do not know and will likely not learn. These mods tend to be things like xnet, tesla, and pneumaticraft. They key here is to do some research and find out what mods do exactly what. If you are a huge fan of enderio, you MIGHT not need extra utils. Be very careful to not delete any core such as brandon's core, without knowing what mod they belong to. In this case, if you delete brandon's core, draconic evolution will not work.

The other way to come about this is to start with a mod like Vanilla+ and add in the things you love, (for example) tinker's construct and enderio.