Direwolf20 1.7.10 released

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me, if in the new Thaumcraft with warp, the infusion-enchanting is still hidden behind the "Brain in a Jar"-research?
(Trying to avoid as much warp as possible currently and don't find any source for this information through searching-machines :/)

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me, if in the new Thaumcraft with warp, the infusion-enchanting is still hidden behind the "Brain in a Jar"-research?
(Trying to avoid as much warp as possible currently and don't find any source for this information through searching-machines :/)

Yep it's still hidden behind Brain in a Jar. o3o
Don't get why people don't want warp though.. I try to get as much warp as i can :p

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the fast answer :)

And well it's not like I don't want warp and it's effects, I just not want it right now. So only taking the warp-researches I really want/have to take (like mastery research). After I saw direwolf lighting up in fire in his modspotlight, I rather want to be as much prepared as possible before going there. ^^

[edit]
Uhm, since I have no privilegs to post in this "Post your bugs here"-Forum area...
Just posting the bug I found here or trying to find a thread there, where it might fit?

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
No problemo~ :3

I guess i was scared of it at first, but then i realized a sort of exploit with Thaumic Tinkerer. Apparently the Talisman of Remedium will cure all warp other than the fog with the Eldrich Guardian warp. xD

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Ah... that is good to know, thanks alot for this tipp :D

Still trying to figure out what these eldritch-shrine-things are... can kill the guardian but all but some glowing I don't get out of them. Quite confusing stuff. *nods*

[edit]
Hehe, found the osmotic enchanter for me... with the new crafting-wands and the system with pretty much charging them for free (energized aura node and the relais) it makes enchanting almost too easy. ^^

And ascend boost III plus the sash from botania... makes jumping really dangerous. 10 blocks high jumping xD

Last edited:

ookami91

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having a problem with Mystcraft? Every time I try to enter an age my game crashes. And I every time I try to log back into my world my game crashes. I had to replace my world with my backup.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone find any iridium yet? Is it still in loot chests? I see DW has one in his chests in his Lets Play, but I haven't found one yet.
Edit: plus almost done with a 128x128 enderquarry, in case it is still an ore.

Last edited:

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
I found quite a few Iridium in loot chests from those Thaumcraft Greatwood trees (sometimes when there's cobwebs on the tree there's a spawner with a chest under it)

Reactions: loboca

David Benston

Jul 29, 2019
I found a couple pieces of iridium under a haunted Greatwood. I miss finding the Portal Gun though. It is kind of OP so maybe it was time to leave it out. I haven't actually checked to see if it's been updated?

Sallin

Jul 29, 2019
Hi.
It seems i cannot bind my Ender Rift Wand from Thaumic Tinkerer to any Enderstorage-Enderchest.
When i Shift-Rightlick a chest it just seems to open the Vanilla Ender Chest.
Anyone else has that Problem?

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Hi.
It seems i cannot bind my Ender Rift Wand from Thaumic Tinkerer to any Enderstorage-Enderchest.
When i Shift-Rightlick a chest it just seems to open the Vanilla Ender Chest.
Anyone else has that Problem?

I don't think the Ender Rift Wand has that option to begin with.. Correct me if i'm wrong though but i know that the Ender Rift Wand can only access the vanilla Ender Chest.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone find any iridium yet? Is it still in loot chests? I see DW has one in his chests in his Lets Play, but I haven't found one yet.
Edit: plus almost done with a 128x128 enderquarry, in case it is still an ore.

I think you are supposed to make iridium now.

lauch

Jul 29, 2019
Having issues crafting an ME interface. I've tried every kind of glass and it's not working. Anyone else have that issue?

xtrasyn

Jul 29, 2019
I have some issues with AE2, can someone confirm those?

When I use level emitters to control inventory (2000 cobble initiates making of a compressed cobble, 20 compressed initiates making a double compressed etc) i seem to bug out.

My assemblers are on one 32 channel cable, the crafting cpu's on another, and the level emitters/export buses/interfaces are on yet another.

It seems to be working fine if I set up step one, step two makes the level emitters forget to turn on/off and the whole process jams with cobble accumulations over 2000. I can autocraft them by hand just fine (ordering a quad compressed makes a quad compressed, no issues) so I'm inclined to think the level emitters are simply buggy.

Anyone else with this problem?

Quantuml33p

Jul 29, 2019
Curious if anyone else is getting soul crushing Fps drops after like 2-3 hours of playing. I haven't had this problem with any of the other mod packs. Was thinking it might have been mob spawns since one of the times I was near the coast and there were squids taking up 5-6 chunks on the mini-map.

Lathen

Jul 29, 2019
Curious if anyone else is getting soul crushing Fps drops after like 2-3 hours of playing. I haven't had this problem with any of the other mod packs. Was thinking it might have been mob spawns since one of the times I was near the coast and there were squids taking up 5-6 chunks on the mini-map.

Some of the players on my server have had fps issues, without discovering exactly the reason for it some steps they took did help resolve most of the issues they had with fps drops.

Add the mod FastCraft client side, disable AromaBackup, remove texture packs, always play fullscreen.

Hope some of this might help.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Add the mod FastCraft client side, disable AromaBackup, remove texture packs, always play fullscreen. ...

Just wondering why playing at fullscreen would improve fps. Naively (ie I don't know much about how these things work) I would have thought that was harder on the system.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering why playing at fullscreen would improve fps. Naively (ie I don't know much about how these things work) I would have thought that was harder on the system.
Because you don't have your com load the background stuff. Granted it makes Minecraft run better but it also mean no alt tabbing since unloaded information lags really really badly if you try to bring it up