Direwolf20 1.7.10 released

Krutontar

Jul 29, 2019
I just found something weird. I was setting up automated AE2 crystallizer setup and decided to use a thaumcraft item grate to drop the seeds into the pool. They wouldn't grow at all. Toss them in by hand or use the item dropper and it works fine.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Where'd it go? It wasn't in the 1.6.4 version of the DW20 pack. Easy enough to add yourself, though.

Warning! Warning! Read up on that mod before you blindly install it.
Or simply be aware of this.
It adds bad and blood moons. They make enemies extra nasty, can spawn near you, and in bright light.
Disable-able in configs.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Another question from me:
Anyone knows if the spawning of "Blizz" is disabled in the pack?

I tried two snow-biomes now (Artic and Cold Beach), set up in both an area with snow blocks (since i read they only spawn on the actual blocks made from snow) but after 10 nights in both biomes I simply had no luck to see a single Blizz...
Tried to look into the config files for them, but I don't even find a config file for Thermal Expansion mod in the config-folder ^^"

Linky

Jul 29, 2019
Tried to look into the config files for them, but I don't even find a config file for Thermal Expansion mod in the config-folder ^^"
It is in the config/cofh/ directory (but I don't think there's a config for that anyway ^^)

xtrasyn

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any alchemical way to get native cinnabar cluster? I know you can get them with the pickaxe, but I haven't seen any cauldron recipe (and there are cauldron recipes for non-thaumcraft ores).

Don't think so.

Gamingjg

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think those markers can do that.
They are only for making larger quarrys.
They absolutely do that, I have tried with just BC and QuarryPlus.
I want to try with DW20 pack though to make sure I'm not missing anything from the modpack builds but I'm not sure what all it entails. I'm assuming ID conflicts or something but I don't know where to begin in fixing that. Will check more into it when I have some spare time.

Gamingjg

Jul 29, 2019
they will work trust me I know

ore you can split it up in diferend blueprints say part 1/part 2

Yeah, I did that too, thought this would be easier though. A small'ish build took 4 sections(Front Right, Front Left, Back Right, Back left). =/

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
They absolutely do that, I have tried with just BC and QuarryPlus.
I want to try with DW20 pack though to make sure I'm not missing anything from the modpack builds but I'm not sure what all it entails. I'm assuming ID conflicts or something but I don't know where to begin in fixing that. Will check more into it when I have some spare time.

The IDs are no longer use a group of numbers but rather something like modname/item. So from 1.7 and on they can not conflict.

Reactions: Gamingjg

Duckyy19

Jul 29, 2019
Need a hand guys i added simply jet packs but don't have the jet-plate redstone arsenal/simply jetpack crossover i had it in ftb lite 3 is there a config or something im missing

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Well dang, then I have no idea where to start. ;P

Check version numbers. Quarry's plus is a addon to buildcraft. Every time Buildcraft updates it breaks quarry's plus' connection with it. Just like every MC update breaks all the mods.
so QP might not be compatible with the newest version of BC.

The fix would then be to ether wait for QP to update or use an older version of BC.

Reactions: Gamingjg

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Need a hand guys i added simply jet packs but don't have the jet-plate redstone arsenal/simply jetpack crossover i had it in ftb lite 3 is there a config or something im missing

I don't now what to tell you except make sure you are using the newest versions of each. I am literally looking at the jetplate as I am typing this.

lumien

Jul 29, 2019
Warning! Warning! Read up on that mod before you blindly install it.
Or simply be aware of this.
It adds bad and blood moons. They make enemies extra nasty, can spawn near you, and in bright light.
Disable-able in configs.

There is no "Bad moon" in RT, the Bloodmoon also does not allow enemys to spawn in bright light. It still follows the same light limitations as normal mob spawning.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
It is in the config/cofh/ directory (but I don't think there's a config for that anyway ^^)

Thank you for this hint.
Sadly you were right and I found not an entry about the blizz if they were disabled or not...

After another 5 night in a new snow-biome and an area of 10 stacks of snowblocks I'm slowly really wondering if the biomes o' plenty snow biomes are bugged or the blizzs-spawning is disabled... (though I don't think it's being-disabled since the recipes for the blizz-rod is still active)

Will try next the deep dark (read many people had more luck down there with finding one) if I don't find any there I'm at my wit's end and have to think about cheating me one to spawn :/

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for this hint.
Sadly you were right and I found not an entry about the blizz if they were disabled or not...

After another 5 night in a new snow-biome and an area of 10 stacks of snowblocks I'm slowly really wondering if the biomes o' plenty snow biomes are bugged or the blizzs-spawning is disabled... (though I don't think it's being-disabled since the recipes for the blizz-rod is still active)

Will try next the deep dark (read many people had more luck down there with finding one) if I don't find any there I'm at my wit's end and have to think about cheating me one to spawn :/
I think they're just very rare. If there weren't Blaze spawners you'd hardly ever see them either. That said, what do you need for? You're aware there's an alternate recipe for blizz powder, correct?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I think they're just very rare. If there weren't Blaze spawners you'd hardly ever see them either. That said, what do you need for? You're aware there's an alternate recipe for blizz powder, correct?

Yes I know about it. Costs lots of redstone if you want to make cryotheum for the big reactor with it.
I know there are ways with getting a good income of redstone with witch-autospawner, so if it wasn't changed in the new version, but I'm kinda used from skyblocks I played to better find a blizz for getting the powder.
(I'm more a casual player, not one who ends up one day with 100k of each material, because of some super-miners and machines. So I have to be a bit more careful where I use my ressources. ^^)

[edit]
Deep Dark seems really alot better for finding one. Took quite alot of fighting till I reached the snow biome about 300 blocks away, but then it took only about 30 minutes to get the Blizz.

Last edited:

Gamingjg

Jul 29, 2019
Check version numbers. Quarry's plus is a addon to buildcraft. Every time Buildcraft updates it breaks quarry's plus' connection with it. Just like every MC update breaks all the mods.
so QP might not be compatible with the newest version of BC.

The fix would then be to ether wait for QP to update or use an older version of BC.
Just noticed he has a 2.0 RC and it works with this pack. Thanks for the heads up, not sure why that didn't occur to me. Think I might try out Schematica though, this thing takes forever on a project 223wx212dx125h and I have several more large projects to save. =P