Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
get your first quarry and never have iron troubles again? ;X i ran it 2times and still have about 4k iron (already have progressed through pneumaticcraft AE etc.) ^^

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Has anyone tried to setup a dual Blood Altar with dislocation runes on both, pulling out of one and importing to the other? I have 8 on each alter and it seems to only be moving the 1/t of the default alter.

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
I just discovered the 1.7.10 version of DW20 and decided to give it a try (I've liked the DW20 packs). Problem is, every time I try to load a world, it crashes. It crashed on creation of the world, and every time I try to load it. The description of the crash is 'Exception getting block type in world'. I've attached one of the crash reports - any thoughts on what is causing it to crash?

Edit: After not finding anything here and posting, I searched google for the error string, and found a little referencing BoP & Villages. Since this was a new world that I hadn't even 'set foot in', I don't see how what I found related to BoP & Villages conflicting could apply, but I decided to try disabling BoP & creating a new world. The new world works without BoP. So... Any thoughts on how to make BoP play nice?

Attachments

• crash-2014-12-04_17.53.52-server.txt
    30.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I just discovered the 1.7.10 version of DW20 and decided to give it a try (I've liked the DW20 packs). Problem is, every time I try to load a world, it crashes. It crashed on creation of the world, and every time I try to load it. The description of the crash is 'Exception getting block type in world'. I've attached one of the crash reports - any thoughts on what is causing it to crash?

Edit: After not finding anything here and posting, I searched google for the error string, and found a little referencing BoP & Villages. Since this was a new world that I hadn't even 'set foot in', I don't see how what I found related to BoP & Villages conflicting could apply, but I decided to try disabling BoP & creating a new world. The new world works without BoP. So... Any thoughts on how to make BoP play nice?

re-create the world. There is *something* in the pack that can cause an invalid block to generate. At a guess, a specific BOP biome might be at fault. So even if a new world loads the crash is waiting in potentia for when you go exploring and chance upon the same conditions.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
my brother spawned in the cheat sheet for the thaumcraft book. Now he catches fire randomly. I turned off warp in my game and gave him the config for his.

How do you mitigate the effects of warp, in game?

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
my brother spawned in the cheat sheet for the thaumcraft book. Now he catches fire randomly. I turned off warp in my game and gave him the config for his.

How do you mitigate the effects of warp, in game?

Taking a bath, and yes i'm not joking, there is a research for bath salts that help.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
is anyone here running a 1.0.2 server of the pack? as nobody has asked my original question i will just ask again ;P maybe i just forgot to do something upgrading from 1.0.1
Running a linux server
things i did so far:-copy new DW20server files on the server -> changed the eula.txt to true -> gave all the files execution rights with chmod (also checked with ls -l) -> tried to start the server with screen -s server sh ServerStart.sh -> at that point it starts the server for a second telling me to read the eula.txt and terminates the screen about a second later

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
re-create the world. There is *something* in the pack that can cause an invalid block to generate. At a guess, a specific BOP biome might be at fault. So even if a new world loads the crash is waiting in potentia for when you go exploring and chance upon the same conditions.

So you're saying it probably IS exactly what I found in my Google search, and it just happened to happen on world creation - Assuming that's the case, It seems it would be best to leave BoP out. To re-create the world, if it works on recreation, it seems is begging for it to randomly become unusable while exploring... Any chance there's an actual fix for it?

Edit: It might not be BoP after all but something else - I just deleted the first world and created another new one without BoP and on trying to start it, it crashed.... so 2 out of 4 worlds I've created have had this issue.

Last edited:

Yeraze

Jul 29, 2019
is anyone here running a 1.0.2 server of the pack? as nobody has asked my original question i will just ask again ;P maybe i just forgot to do something upgrading from 1.0.1
Running a linux server
things i did so far:-copy new DW20server files on the server -> changed the eula.txt to true -> gave all the files execution rights with chmod (also checked with ls -l) -> tried to start the server with screen -s server sh ServerStart.sh -> at that point it starts the server for a second telling me to read the eula.txt and terminates the screen about a second later

Worked fine for me.. I just copied my "World" directory over into the new server directory, and updated that eula.txt, and everything loaded just fine.

Don't run the server in screen, just launch ServerStart.sh and post the resulting output here.. maybe that'll give you some hints as to what's wrong.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thanks it was actually a problem with the libaries (used the old ones now and just put the new in it and used the new files for everything^^)

BCThunder

Jul 29, 2019
Every so often I'm hearing a random loud heart beat for a few seconds. Anyone know what this is? I play using headphones so when this starts it usually startles the hell outta me! :eek:

SuperMR

Jul 29, 2019
Every so often I'm hearing a random loud heart beat for a few seconds. Anyone know what this is? I play using headphones so when this starts it usually startles the hell outta me! :eek:
its you man go see a doctor.. seriously!

jk, its thaumcraft warp... damn azanor

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
You can always turn it off in the configs if you're a wuss :p
A small amount of warp will sometimes give you research points...I won't complain about that :D

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
if you're a wuss
I'm a wuss. After seeing my brother's character repeatedly catch fire from warp I disabled it.
Last night I put together a room for natura(or wherever they are from) bushes. Having lots of problems growing the bushes do to light levels. I finally put blackout curtains on the door and replaced the floor with ender io glass. Now I am getting berries at a nice rate. Got the bushes from a buildcraft quarry hole left in the ocean. Just squidded down to the bushes and took them up.

Need to post the pic of the floor to my bush room. It scares me every time I go in.

Edit:
2014-12-06_151739_zpsf0f94997.png

Last edited:

BCThunder

Jul 29, 2019
jk, its thaumcraft warp... damn azanor[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I was curious about what the sound was more than anything.

FireMonk

Jul 29, 2019
So confusing problem. Playing DW20 I have 11 Gb of RAM allocated and still lag terribly. not sure what the problem is. the lag slowly gets worse and worse. My computer is typically a beast but this lag is so off putting.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
So confusing problem. Playing DW20 I have 11 Gb of RAM allocated and still lag terribly. not sure what the problem is. the lag slowly gets worse and worse. My computer is typically a beast but this lag is so off putting.
Install fastcraft, get rid of Aroma, make a DW20 server and use your client to connect to your own server.

FInaldeath

Jul 29, 2019

Read the op for this thread. http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/direwolf20-1-7-10-released.53915/

Give Minecraft no more than 4gb. But the problem is just about every mod in the pack is either alpha/beta or riddled with bugs. The pack is not ready for primetime yet.