Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jul 29, 2019
I get perfectly fine fps in game, but if i walk around a bit I get "[18:43:10] [Client thread/INFO]: Warning: Clientside chunk ticking took 879 ms"
In my log. Now I know this means there's something in a certain chunk which is taking a long time to load, causing my game to freeze, its pretty obvious, but am I the only one
with this and if so, how do I fix it?
-Av

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
use opis to see which chunk is producing the highest amount of ticks should be something like /opis start or check/opis help should show you the command list ^^

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I get perfectly fine fps in game, but if i walk around a bit I get "[18:43:10] [Client thread/INFO]: Warning: Clientside chunk ticking took 879 ms"
In my log. Now I know this means there's something in a certain chunk which is taking a long time to load, causing my game to freeze, its pretty obvious, but am I the only one
with this and if so, how do I fix it?
-Av

I have seen several people blaming the lag on Journey map. I am not sure if it is the case, but quite a few people fixed it by using a different minimap. Personally, the only time I have had really bad lag was when I 1st entered the nether. It took a good 5-10 minutes for my FPS to go from 1-5 back up to 60-70. I also had block lag like you get on servers for a few mintues after my FPS stabilized in my SP world.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I'd be more inclined to investigate some of these awesome sounding bugs If I hadn't just had my player.dat deleted. I loaded my world and I'm suddenly at spawn with nothing but the open blocks and Tinker's Books. I didn't have that much in my inventory, but I just threw a diamond on my pick.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Something happened to my game tonight, I only have six hearts of health now, and when I change into a bat, it takes me down to half a heart. I think it would take me to zero hearts except that would kill me of course so it leaves a half a heart. But I have no idea why this happened. I was using the Buildcraft Filler and was morphed into a bat to fly down to where it was working, and I think perhaps when I right-clicked the Filler while I was morphed as a bat, something went wrong? Maybe? I know my game froze up at that point, it was still running but like molasses at 1 tick per second. LOL Gotta wait 20 seconds to perform one action like open a chest or break a block. I didn't notice the missing hearts problem right away, I was too busy trying to figure out how to save my world from disaster. I finally was able to break the Filler after many minutes, and at that point I restarted FTB and when I re-entered my world all was running fine... except now I only have 6 hearts and restarting FTB makes no difference. I did put my world on peaceful when the Filler was working because all the mobs were leaving holes, the Filler was working around them and it was a mess... so I'm wondering if morphing while peaceful could also cause this problem with my hearts? Putting the game back on Normal didn't give me my hearts back.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I had heard that the loss of hearts from morph was a bug, but I thought the fix was logging out and logging back in (as in it was a display error), but that didn't work for you.....
You got me stumped there asb3pe

On another note... about AE meteors.....

I guess it's really our fault that these damned things are dropping like $2 hookers. We complained that the plates would be a bitch to get... Kinda went too far thought.

Daneitoa

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 modpack will not load. I found the problem, and it seems to be Industrialcraft 2. I isolated the mod, ran it with jsut the mod, and it crashed on black screen. Didn't display the logo, just crashed on startup. I tried updating the mod, no dice, same results. I took it out and ran it with all the other mods, and it said it needed at least industrialcraft 2 version 2.1 to run, so I installed that exact version. the DW20 Modpack uses version 2.2, version 2.1 works for me, whereas version 2.2 does not. It threw up an error saying it must be version 2.2, so it won't work. Had everything loaded in, all mods, when I loaded in the industrialcraft 2 version 2.1, it didn't crash.

I pulled the crash log, but by the crash logs I've seen in the past, it looks nothing like a crash log. Unless I'm mistaken or I have mistaken minecraft crash logs with KSP crash logs, or even I may have not been informed or discovered that minecraft crash logs have changed.

Don't know what to trim the crash lgos down to, so I'll jsut post the whole thing. this is the direwolf20 pack with all mods removed except for Industrialcraft 2.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Uh... Did I do that?

Time: 11/13/14 3:03 AM
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/collection/Seq
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.ILanguageAdapter$ScalaAdapter.getNewInstance(ILanguageAdapter.java:20)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:486)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:492)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:204)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: scala.collection.Seq
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 36 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182)
... 38 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.ILanguageAdapter$ScalaAdapter.getNewInstance(ILanguageAdapter.java:20)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:486)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:492)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:204)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 317088280 bytes (302 MB) / 726138880 bytes (692 MB) up to 3327655936 bytes (3173 MB)
JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xms256M -Xmx3570M -XX:permSize=256m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.85.1231 Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1231 8 mods loaded, 8 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
FML{7.10.85.1231} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1231-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Forge{10.13.2.1231} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1231-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
IC2{2.2.648-experimental} [IndustrialCraft 2] (industrialcraft-2-2.2.648-experimental.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
Baubles{1.0.1.8} [Baubles] (Baubles-1.7.10-1.0.1.8.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ForgeMultipart{1.1.0.310} [Forge Multipart] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.0.310-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
McMultipart{1.1.0.310} [Minecraft Multipart Plugin] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.0.310-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
ForgeMicroblock{1.1.0.310} [Forge Microblocks] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.0.310-universal.jar) Unloaded
Launched Version: 1.7.10
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD6370D Graphics GL version 4.1.10834 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.
GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported.
Anisotropic filtering is supported and maximum anisotropy is 16.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Packs: []
Current Language: English (US)
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)

CedricB

Jul 29, 2019
So, is the OpenBlocks Radio not in this pack or what? I added some stations to it's config, found some radio station crystal doohickeys in a chest, and went to craft a radio to play 'em, only to find that NEI doesn't seem to think the radio exists. I looked up the recipe on the intertubes and tried it in a crafting table anyways, no dice. Couldn't find anything in OpenBlocks' config about disabling or enabling the radio block itself. I want to play muh stations. How can I build with no beat?

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I think this game needs more "wow, that's cool!" world-gen, and not less. It just needs to be done right, and not turn it into "spamming" - this is probably the paradox of being a mod designer, the problem of keeping both SSP and SMP players happy.
It could generate a few meteors somewhere around spawn (like with the strongholds) but without any plates. Then have a special villager trading the plates. Villagers can be re-created if needed.

Personally, I do what I can to minimize worldgen, so I just disabled comets and added crafting recipes for the plates with MineTweaker.

Reactions: Bagman817

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Im not using the Direwolf pack but its almost the same except that theres quite a few less mods. And so far the performance is way better than my last 1.7 world where I had many more installed. I did a lot of troubleshooting when that last world started to become a lag-fest because I dont want to remove mods and get no benefit from it. So I closely monitored my log to see what sorts of error messages I was getting and stuff like that.

IC2 seems to be a big problem these days. Theres a particular error message that Ive been seeing since 1.6.4, something about the energy net. It always starts spamming that message whenever I move a machine that can accept EU. Modular Powersuits has been a staple mod since I started playing them but it also seems to throw a lot of error messages and again its one of those that can accept EU. I have left out all biome mods this time around. As much as I love Highlands, theres just no doubt that it causes lag in this version of Minecraft. And BoP is way worse. Totally not interested in all that bee stuff, and not having binnie's mods installed removes minutes from the load times. Hats is completely useless and Morph just seems like a mod that is likely to cause lag. All the project red world gen is useless, disabled it in the config. Natura, more useless world gen. Bibliocraft is one of the largest mods in the pack in terms of file size, and its simply not very useful. I use the Storage Drawers mod as a replacement, its much less bloated and the models arent overly detailed.

Twilight Forest: I only ever used it so I could exploit the hollow hills for ore. Its a cool mod but chock full of stuff that a tech mod player will never need or ever want.
Steve's Carts: Actually a very cool mod but again, massive in terms of file size. And we all know the only thing dire is going to use them for is a tree farm, which is pretty much all they good for. If staring at your cool looking automated tree farm loses its luster after a minute then you can get the same results from another mod.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
For your heart problem? Try dying. Dire got stuck with that on Forgecraft and dying is what fixed it for him.

Okay thanks, I will try that. Also, thanks for your info Cptqrk, I did some searching but didn't find anything to indicate this is a known bug but it's nice to hear someone say it may only be a "cosmetic" issue and that I really didn't lose my health permanently.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So, is the OpenBlocks Radio not in this pack or what? I added some stations to it's config, found some radio station crystal doohickeys in a chest, and went to craft a radio to play 'em, only to find that NEI doesn't seem to think the radio exists. I looked up the recipe on the intertubes and tried it in a crafting table anyways, no dice. Couldn't find anything in OpenBlocks' config about disabling or enabling the radio block itself. I want to play muh stations. How can I build with no beat?

Just do what I do - run your Winamp (or whatever) in the background, minimized. :) The OpenBlocks radio is a very cool idea, no doubt... but it's just not needed (for me anyways). I guess if you play on a server, the neat thing about the in-game radio is that everyone can hear it if they are nearby? I've actually never tried the radio, but then again I don't play SMP very often.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
It seems there are quite some bugs in this Modpack. Is it advisible to play it or is it better to wait a few updates?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It seems there are quite some bugs in this Modpack. Is it advisible to play it or is it better to wait a few updates?

A few days back, I saw what I interpreted to be a rather angry post from someone connected to FTB. Angry is prob too strong of a word, but they clearly weren't happy. What did they say? Something to the effect that "Remember, this pack is still in BETA and problems will crop up from time to time."

So basically it's your call, but just realize that changes can occur that may require a world reset or something similarly drastic. I doubt that will happen, but certainly we could have a case where new worldgen gets added, and then it will only show up in new chunks that weren't loaded prior to the update... etc. If you're an FTB veteran you should know all this stuff, but the point is... remember - the modpack is still listed as "Public Beta Test Version" right now.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
IMHO it was too early to release a Direwolf pack, 1.7.10 isn't nearly stable enough for the hordes of, let's say less experienced, players who play it.

Nothing against the pack or the people who play it but they generally don't know how to deal with the issues arising from something this unstable. Has resulted in a lot of frustration both from the people experiencing the problems and the people trying to help...

Anyway that's my 2c, since the thread seems to be active and I'll be waiting a while to join the 1.7 bandwagon I'll leave you guys n gals to it!

Relax, keep frustrations in check and most important: have fun playing!

scorpin17

Jul 29, 2019
I was using nai and the mod list on the right stops responding wen i try to use the search bar it works wen i start a new world but for sum reason
it stops after sum time can sum one please help?
Also it seems to happens after 30 or more minutes into the world.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
I was using nai and the mod list on the right stops responding wen i try to use the search bar it works wen i start a new world but for sum reason
it stops after sum time can sum one please help?
Also it seems to happens after 30 or more minutes into the world.
Either you double clicked the search bar and it doesnt reset (wich is a known bug) or you have journeymap installed (wich tends to mess with all kinds of stuff after some time, also a known bug)
My tip: dont double click the search bar, remove journeymap and install fastcraft and opis for the map.
This helped me out alot since i was having alot of lagg issues after some time ingame yet now i run the pack stable with 250+ fps on a medium automated base

Too bad the twilight forest cant generate on a server atm due to a bug i think.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I have seen several people blaming the lag on Journey map. I am not sure if it is the case, but quite a few people fixed it by using a different minimap. Personally, the only time I have had really bad lag was when I 1st entered the nether. It took a good 5-10 minutes for my FPS to go from 1-5 back up to 60-70. I also had block lag like you get on servers for a few mintues after my FPS stabilized in my SP world.

I was beginning to suspect Jouneymap myself, I just haven't gotten around to removing it yet. I play on a 5 year old laptop with only 2G total, so I'd be really happy to see the 20-30 fps many of you complain about. IC2 Exp & my hardware do not get along at all, I had to cut it to be able to move in game from the 1.6.4 packs.