Direwolf 20: 1.6.4 {PUBLIC BETA} Crash issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmirkNMerk

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.6.4 1.0.4
Mod & Version: Launcher
Crash Log: Launcher crashes before I can access it.
Bug: Launcher crashes when I start the DW20 pack after I downloaded the recommended update.
Repeated: Yes.
Known fixes: unknown.

I just updated the pack after it was recommended and ran into this crash.

sslitherr1

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20
Mod & Version:1.6.4(v.1.0.4)
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/ftUTNM6T
Whats the bug? Right clicking to configure a Magmatic Engine (the new ones, can't place the name) causes a crash
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: No

Backstory: Upgraded to 1.0.4, had to go through and change all my Thermal expansion ducts, and I was trying to figure out why my engines weren't running properly. All pipes are configured properly, and the engines just won't accept the lava (even while white-listed). The main issue that started this is my quarry... instead of running at 150MJ/t in 1.0.0, it now runs at 10MJ/t... Serious power issues upon upgrade...

Alice

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.6.4 1.0.4
Mod & Version: Launcher
Crash Log: Launcher crashes before I can access it.
Bug: Launcher crashes when I start the DW20 pack after I downloaded the recommended update.
Repeated: Yes.
Known fixes: unknown.

I just updated the pack after it was recommended and ran into this crash.

I have the exact same problem - can't get a crash log as the console disappears with the crash.
Have tried deleting all instances, still doesn't work. Re-installed the Launcher, still didn't work.
Horizons and magic farm 2 both launch with no problems.

SmirkNMerk

Jul 29, 2019
I have the exact same problem - can't get a crash log as the console disappears with the crash.
Have tried deleting all instances, still doesn't work. Re-installed the Launcher, still didn't work.

I've reinstalled the launcher and I've tried to go back to the 1.0.3 pack and to no avail. Now I'm getting message saying the Minecraft servers are down.

SmirkNMerk

Jul 29, 2019
It just got back up[ :)
I see the serves are back up but now I am still having the crash problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1387301352][/DOUBLEPOST]

Alice what kind of computer are you using? I have a 27in iMac.

shadowdaf

Jul 29, 2019
I see the serves are back up but now I am still having the crash problem.[DOUBLEPOST=1387301352][/DOUBLEPOST]

I was crashing on Mac OSX when launching Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack v1.0.4, I fixed it by doing this:
You will require the latest version of java 7
1) Open terminal
2) Change the directory to the directory of your ftb launcher jar by typing this command into terminal
cd <directory> (e.g. cd /Users/shadowdaf/Desktop)
3) type the command

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home

4) type the command
java -jar <Name of launcher> (e.g. java -jar FTB_Launcher.jar)

This worked for me, hopefully this will work for you.

SmirkNMerk

Jul 29, 2019
I was crashing on Mac OSX when launching Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack v1.0.4, I fixed it by doing this:
1) Open terminal
2) Change the directory to the directory of your ftb launcher jar by typing this command into terminal
3) type the command

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home

4) type the command

How do you download java 7? More importantly are there any drawbacks to downloading Java 7 that you've run into for things beside FTB?

_gjkf_

Jul 29, 2019
Java 7 is available from here (Mac) Then, I think that in a computer can be more than one version of Java at the same time; that's just my guess.

Dillon845

Jul 29, 2019
Java 7 is available from here (Mac) Then, I think that in a computer can be more than one version of Java at the same time; that's just my guess.
It is recomended to use Java 6 (Apple)[DOUBLEPOST=1387305362][/DOUBLEPOST]

Can u maybe repost ur pastebin crash log?

shadowdaf

Jul 29, 2019
It is recomended to use Java 6 (Apple)[DOUBLEPOST=1387305362][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can u maybe repost ur pastebin crash log?
Apple only distributes Java 6 to macs. I think they made their own version of java for mac up until Java 6, after which they stopped. You can download java 7 for mac off the java website. You can have multiple kavas installed. All my instructions did was make the fib launcher launch with java 7, it shouldn't affect java elsewhere.

If you want a shorter command line You could use

/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -jar <directory of launcher>

e.g. /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -jar /Users/shadowdaf/Desktop/FTB_Launcher.jar

SmirkNMerk

Jul 29, 2019
1) Open terminal
3) type the command

4) type the command

Worked like a charm! Thanks for the assistance. You too _gjkf_.

iPodHacks142

Jul 29, 2019
Apple only distributes Java 6 to macs. I think they made their own version of java for mac up until Java 6, after which they stopped. You can download java 7 for mac off the java website. You can have multiple kavas installed. All my instructions did was make the fib launcher launch with java 7, it shouldn't affect java elsewhere.

If you want a shorter command line You could use

/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -jar <directory of launcher>

e.g. /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -jar /Users/shadowdaf/Desktop/FTB_Launcher.jar
I'm having the same problem however I don't want to install java 7 because google chrome isn't compatible with it on mac. Is there any other way round this? Worked fine with 1.0.3.

Brian Wood

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.6.4
Mod & Version: Launcher 1.3.0
Pastebin link to crash log:http://pastebin.com/rUfdriTE
What's the bug? My friend has re-downloaded the pack and FTB client multiple times. First version of 1.6.4 Direwolf20 worked fine. Ever since the update, his game will freeze repeatedly, and then allow him to move before freezing again. I never experience this. The server is ran on my own connection. Thing is, it never crashes. He also can't be attacked by mobs nor me. He just freezes there in place and the mobs will just look up at him and do nothing.
Can it be repeated? Yes, every time my friend plays Direwolf20 1.6.4.
Known fix: none

By the way, he is on a MacBook Pro. Not sure if this has any relevance. But it happens almost every time he starts playing on the server.

Mrwinterlegs

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently experiencing the same kind of issues but only with Direwolf20, the client loads the pack but crashes without fail every time I load the pack. I've tried all versions and all launcher versions. I have over 50 identical crash reports this being the most recent.

Attachments

• crash-2013-12-17_17.15.47-client.txt
    23.7 KB · Views: 61

_gjkf_

Jul 29, 2019
1) Open terminal
3) type the command

4) type the command

Thanks a lot, now it works fine.

Reactions: Mrwinterlegs

Terrence

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.6.4
Mod & Version: Launcher 1.3.0
Pastebin link to crash log:http://pastebin.com/rUfdriTE
What's the bug? My friend has re-downloaded the pack and FTB client multiple times. First version of 1.6.4 Direwolf20 worked fine. Ever since the update, his game will freeze repeatedly, and then allow him to move before freezing again. I never experience this. The server is ran on my own connection. Thing is, it never crashes. He also can't be attacked by mobs nor me. He just freezes there in place and the mobs will just look up at him and do nothing.
Can it be repeated? Yes, every time my friend plays Direwolf20 1.6.4.
Known fix: none

By the way, he is on a MacBook Pro. Not sure if this has any relevance. But it happens almost every time he starts playing on the server.

you need to supply more memory to ftb in options.

Status
Not open for further replies.