Direwolf 20: 1.6.4 {PUBLIC BETA} Crash issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowdaf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same problem however I don't want to install java 7 because google chrome isn't compatible with it on mac. Is there any other way round this? Worked fine with 1.0.3.
I think Modular power suits is calling for something that is only in Java 7 and not in Java 6, so you have a few options
1)Backdate your pack
2)Backdate your Modular Powersuits
3)Remove Modular Powersuits from you installation
4)Install Java 7 and follow the instructions that I provided. (I shouldn't think that chrome would be incompatible with Java 7? If you do download Java 7, it should load when you want it to load, otherwise it should default to your current Java(most likely Java 6). If there are compatibility issues you can always uninstall Java 7?[DOUBLEPOST=1387314172][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi, when i put that into my terminal it says no file or directory found?
Any help?
Post exactly what you're typing into your terminal (you can star out your user name e.g. "/Users/s********/Desktop")

Soccarboy11

Jul 29, 2019
cd /Users/*******/Desktop

That is exactly what im typing
It then comes up saying no such file or directory found

Last edited:

Justin Greene

Jul 29, 2019
1.6.4 direwolf20 modpack, I downloaded dw20, horizons, and magic farm 1.6.4 this morning, and both horizons and magic farm load fine, the dw20 pack tries to lad the quits to the launcher. looking thru the error log it looks like problem with one of cpw's mods not loading properly

Attachments

• crash-2013-12-17_15.58.09-client.txt
    23.7 KB · Views: 54

Brian Wood

Jul 29, 2019
My friend put more RAM towards it but it won't actually run with over 2GB dedicated towards it. It shouldn't have to be 4GB to run it. Could it be a Java problem like others are having?

shadowdaf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently experiencing the same kind of issues but only with Direwolf20, the client loads the pack but crashes without fail every time I load the pack. I've tried all versions and all launcher versions. I have over 50 identical crash reports this being the most recent.
The only difference here is that you're running Windows.

Make sure you've got Java 7 and the crash happens when Java7 is installed. If crash still happens after installing Java 7 then:

You should get past with the same solution but instead of using terminal, you can use CMD (search it in the start menu) Use "<Directory of java.exe here> -jar <directory of launcher>"

e.g. "C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -jar "C:\Users\shadowdaf\Desktop\FTB_launcher.jar"

shadowdaf

Jul 29, 2019
I think that it may be happening since direwolf20 1.6 updated to 1.0.4?
Make sure on your desktop is the fib launcher jar and name it "FTB_Launcher.jar"

then run in the terminal

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/Java -jar /~/Desktop/FTB_Launcher.jar[DOUBLEPOST=1387316638][/DOUBLEPOST]It's happening because Modular Powersuits calling for something that is not in Java 6 but is in Java 7

Soccarboy11

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure on your desktop is the fib launcher jar and name it "FTB_Launcher.jar"

then run in the terminal

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/Java -jar /~/Desktop/FTB_Launcher.jar[DOUBLEPOST=1387316638][/DOUBLEPOST]It's happening because Modular Powersuits calling for something that is not in Java 6 but is in Java 7
I have the .jar that came with ftb when i downloaded it on my desktop, it is called FTB_Launcher.jar I typed that code into terminal and it says no such file or directory found.
I use the code to run ftb on my mac btw
Btw i also downloaded Java 7 and installed it a while back. should i uninstall it and go back to java 6 for this?

shadowdaf

Jul 29, 2019
I have the .jar that came with ftb when i downloaded it on my desktop, it is called FTB_Launcher.jar I typed that code into terminal and it says no such file or directory found.
I use the code to run ftb on my mac btw
Btw i also downloaded Java 7 and installed it a while back. should i uninstall it and go back to java 6 for this?

Try typing just this part

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/Java

shadowdaf

Jul 29, 2019
Or when you type it, instead of typing "/~/Desktop/FTB_Launcher.jar" Drag "FTB_Launcher.jar" into the terminal window.

Soccarboy11

Jul 29, 2019
Or when you type it, instead of typing "/~/Desktop/FTB_Launcher.jar" Drag "FTB_Launcher.jar" into the terminal window.
That says something different. That says permission denied when i drag it in by itself
when i copy and paste the other things with the desktop part and press enter it still say no such file or directory :(
Maybe they might fix this in the next update

Soccarboy11

Jul 29, 2019
Wait! I did somthing and now its not saying the file or directory thing.. (i didnt drag the ftb in i used this one that u gave me /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/Java -jar /~/Desktop/FTB_Launcher.jar) and that worked! now what do i do after this again?

shadowdaf

Jul 29, 2019
Wait! I did somthing and now its not saying the file or directory thing.. (i didnt drag the ftb in i used this one that u gave me /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/Java -jar /~/Desktop/FTB_Launcher.jar) and that worked! now what do i do after this again?
You shouldn't have to do anything, it should open your ftb launcher and you should be able to launch the pack and it shouldn't crash.
I'll upload instructions on how to create a file that you only have to double click to launch the launcher without needing to type that in every time.[DOUBLEPOST=1387319555][/DOUBLEPOST]
My friend put more RAM towards it but it won't actually run with over 2GB dedicated towards it. It shouldn't have to be 4GB to run it. Could it be a Java problem like others are having?
Does he crash or does he just freeze and have to relaunch minecraft?

Blizzrdball

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20
Mod & Version: 1.6.4 (v.1.0.4)
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/NDvmGh6D
Whats the bug?: Crashes at end of Mojang screen before main menu. (Has happened on all 1.6.4 versions of DW20.)
Can it be repeated? Yes (Occurrs on launch)
Known Fix: See below
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Issue self resolved:
• Uninstall all versions of JRE.
• Install Java 7 Version 45 (64 bit)
• Allocate at least 2 gb of memory in the Feed the Beast launcher.
• Ensure Opis and Rei's minimap are disabled.
• Launch and enjoy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.