Dire20 1.0.8 (MC 1.6.4) No Slimes!!!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Danagor

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i'm playing a SSP world using the BoP config as Direwolf20 suggest on his videos, but i haven't seen any slimes on my world, not even the blue ones, i've been into the swamplands on a full moon and nothing happens, i haven't tryed slime chunks yet because i don't really understand how they work, and they just give green slimes... any help??? thanks

Epic_Dave

Jul 29, 2019
understanding how slimes work in vanilla where they can still spawn in higher light levels try lighting up a large area in and around the swamp then at night do multiple pass overs and if still nothing, im not sure what would alter vanilla spawn code.. but worst comes to worst go to the nether hunt magma cubes n centrifuge them to slime balls?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Blue slimes now only spawn from the slimy water found on the floating slime islands. They also now don't take fall damage, so if you're near a floating isle, keep an eye to the sky for skydiving slimes.

And yeah, green slimes only spawn in "slime chunks". I believe Opis has a function that will highlight those on its map, I just forget how.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Blue slimes now only spawn from the slimy water found on the floating slime islands. They also now don't take fall damage, so if you're near a floating isle, keep an eye to the sky for skydiving slimes.

And yeah, green slimes only spawn in "slime chunks". I believe Opis has a function that will highlight those on its map, I just forget how.

I believe green slimes should still spawn in swamp biomes at night, and the moonphase controls how often the slimes spawn...

Danagor

Jul 29, 2019
Ok Thanks for the help i will try all of thous and see what happens, i'll keep you posted :)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I usually build my bases in Natura Redwoods, and I cannot recall such a world where I didn't have slimeball infestations every night. I may just be lucky, though.

Danagor

Jul 29, 2019
i found a slime floating island, they do spawn only blue slimes and a really cool tree that gives green slimes :D so problem solved :) just morph into a bat, and fly there, get yourself some slime tree saplings and you won't run out of slimes anymore

Reactions: PierceSG

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Can you do anything with the slime dirt and slime water, if one was to bring some down?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Can you do anything with the slime dirt and slime water, if one was to bring some down?

I believe the slime water is the thing that allows the blue slimes to spawn, as on those islands they always spawn inside the water
so perhaps if you were to move the water to somewhere else, you might be able to also let the blue slimes spawn there

Byte Templar

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the slime water is the thing that allows the blue slimes to spawn, as on those islands they always spawn inside the water
so perhaps if you were to move the water to somewhere else, you might be able to also let the blue slimes spawn there
Yup, easiest mob farm atm to create. Infinite food source too...

Some say, its OP ;)

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
My solution, which has been the quickest, is to get to the twilight forest for anything that isn't immediatly available. Finding dw20 1.6 by default isn't producing a variety of biomes. For a slime solution, spend 2 minutes in a laberynth. Slimes everywhere. The laberynth is a pretty bad place though...