Diamond making machines

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know since I don't play with Soul Shards, but I think you can also create a Wither Skelly spawner. I'm pretty sure they drop Coal, which you can then process as mentioned before.

Is there even a thing like Diamond bees? I don't remember ever seeing those. I do know there are Coal bees though, which produce coal dust, so that would be yet another alternative to get renewable coal for Diamonds and carbon plating. Getting those bees is quite a long process though and unless you've got many the production rate might be quite low.

MavericK96

Jul 29, 2019
Get a Nether lava pump going with 5+ geothermals and you should be able to crank out UU-matter pretty fast. Also, if you run a quarry, just have it feed all the dirt/gravel/sand/cobble into some recyclers (just one works for me with a full-speed quarry and 5 overclocker upgrades) to speed up creation. Alternately, you can create a solar array dedicated solely to the mass fabricator.

If you want a ton more scrap, get one or more igneous extruder pumping out cobble directly into the recycler...all you need is to set it up with one bucket each of water and lava and it'll run indefinitely with no power usage.

From there, all you would need to do is pump the UU-matter out into an automatic crafting table and make diamonds (or iridium or whatever else you want). By leaving my quarry going all day I can crank out several stacks of UU-matter. I think I have something like 1500+ UU-matter in a barrel, and that's after making a full Quantum suit, as well as the Ultimate Solar Helmet and GraviSuit.

BTW, this is from my experience on the DW20 pack, not sure how nerfed it is with GregTech.

MarcusTee

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest way to get Diamonds the quickest is to make a Myst age with Diamond tendrils and stand below a tendril with a drilling laser on Scatter. Blast it about 4-5 times then, in less than a minute, you will get 3 - 8 64-STACKS of Diamonds and 30 - 60 EXP.

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
Mass Fab with scrap + Fabricator. Turn UU-Matter to diamonds.

But when you have GT + Advanced Solars, diamonds is not an issue. I've found that Uranium supply will be your biggest problem if you want a ton of ultimate hybrid solar panels.

C

C U later753

For the life of me I cant remember what that one machine was called that used to be able to turn iron into industrial diamonds and it was super expensive, anyone remember what it was called?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
For the life of me I cant remember what that one machine was called that used to be able to turn iron into industrial diamonds and it was super expensive, anyone remember what it was called?
First, did you have to dig this thread up from its grave?
Second, I don't think there ever was a way (except for EE) to make diamonds out of iron. There is coal to diamonds though (unless that changed in ic2-exp)

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Pneumaticcraft also has a recipe for compressing coal into diamonds in its pressure chamber.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
First, did you have to dig this thread up from its grave?
Second, I don't think there ever was a way (except for EE) to make diamonds out of iron. There is coal to diamonds though (unless that changed in ic2-exp)
What is UP with all the Necromancy of late?! It seems to be getting more and more common.

Time to dig up this old thing (pun entirely intended):

upload_2016-8-15_15-30-7.png

EDIT:
MineChem will do it.
Yes indeedy; turn carbon into carbon nanotubes and those can be made into diamonds. A couple of synthesisers will do it; its even less efficient than the stack of coal though I think! Or of a similar level at least.

Fun though.

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, you can turn something like 800 wood into diamonds, with an enormous cost in RF. Love that mod, almost nothing you can't make if you have lots of power.