Casual Server DeVco | FTB Infinity 1.3.4 | Open | PvP | 24/7 | Pex | QuickShop | GriefPreventionPlus | GPPCities

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

devryb

Jul 29, 2019
it6N9ZfAXWNVd.png

DeVco FTB Infinity
infe.devcoftb.net
infw.devcoftb.net
infn.devcoftb.net

Click to visit our website

Server Specs:
Processor: Intel Xeon E5 1620v2 (4 cores / 8 Threads)
Frequency: 3.7GHz+ (3.9GHz Turbo Boost)
RAM: 32 GB DDR3
Rules:
Our Server Rules
Server Help

Full listing of banned items based on ranks
General Info:
Thank you for visiting our server promotion thread. We are a brand new community on a new server recently started by a well experienced staff team. They know their stuff and are easily approachable!

• We are using GriefPreventionPlus to protect your land
  • GPPCities (A GP addon) is also installed for those that long for the Towny feel
  • PVP survival server (No PVP in claims)
  • QuickShop is installed for easy shopping. Be sure to checkout the /warp shops
  • Voting for our server rewards you with points to use in game or at the donation store for special items.
  • Server donation shop with a diverse set of kits/ranks to choose from
  • Several ranks in game which unlock banned items and more commands. Promotions are automated based on play time

Be sure to check out our other servers running FTB modpacks:

DeVco Regrowth
DeVco The Dark Trilogy
DeVco FTB Resurrection
DeVco Direwolf20
DeVco TPPI

Last edited:

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
>be me
>join server
>team up with someone
>find spot and trust each other on claims
>play together for 3 hours
>gotta go for diner
>come back, everything on my claim is gone
>better check out house
>"you don't have permission to do this"
>"buddy" joins
>sees I'm online
>"buddy" disconnected
>ask mod what to do
>"sorry, you can be an asshat on this server, no probs"

So yeah, go out there and start making other people's life miserable, you're apparently allowed to.

devryb

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to 1.0.1

>be me
>join server
>team up with someone
>find spot and trust each other on claims
>play together for 3 hours
>gotta go for diner
>come back, everything on my claim is gone
>better check out house
>"you don't have permission to do this"
>"buddy" joins
>sees I'm online
>"buddy" disconnected
>ask mod what to do
>"sorry, you can be an asshat on this server, no probs"

So yeah, go out there and start making other people's life miserable, you're apparently allowed to.

This is something that happens alot unfortunately and there really is no way for us to prevent trolls from taking advantage of your trust/generosity.
Lucky for you this server has only been up for a day so you probably weren't too far in. I've seen entire towns destroyed this way that had weeks of effort put into them

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to 1.0.1

This is something that happens alot unfortunately and there really is no way for us to prevent trolls from taking advantage of your trust/generosity.
Lucky for you this server has only been up for a day so you probably weren't too far in. I've seen entire towns destroyed this way that had weeks of effort put into them
As I said to the mod in the game, I don't see why adding the "Don't be an asshat" rule to the list is such a big problem it hasn't been done. It even compliments the first and foremost rule, which is, that mods have the final say.

devryb

Jul 29, 2019
As I said to the mod in the game, I don't see why adding the "Don't be an asshat" rule to the list is such a big problem it hasn't been done. It even compliments the first and foremost rule, which is, that mods have the final say.

We need about twice the staff members to enforce that unfortunately.
To keep staff efficient and keep the players actually caring about who they trust in their claims this is how we have operated.

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
We need about twice the staff members to enforce that unfortunately.
To keep staff efficient and keep the players actually caring about who they trust in their claims this is how we have operated.
I thought it was something along those lines, but the problem with trusting people on Minecraft servers is, that one might have as malicious intend as the other, and there's no way of telling them apart. I'd be forced to play with somebody I know if I want to be completely sure I don't get scummed, and this polarizes the players imo.

Had it been an anarchy server, I would've been OK with such a move, because (as the name suggests), there are no rules.
It isn't though, only PvP in the wilderness, and when somebody exploits the system in a way that is harmful to other players, he should be punished.

devryb

Jul 29, 2019
I thought it was something along those lines, but the problem with trusting people on Minecraft servers is, that one might have as malicious intend as the other, and there's no way of telling them apart. I'd be forced to play with somebody I know if I want to be completely sure I don't get scummed, and this polarizes the players imo.

Had it been an anarchy server, I would've been OK with such a move, because (as the name suggests), there are no rules.
It isn't though, only PvP in the wilderness, and when somebody exploits the system in a way that is harmful to other players, he should be punished.

Yes it's unfortunate, thank you for your feedback

Bloodytears0923

Jul 29, 2019
As part of our rules there is no griefing allowed in claims. And it specifically specifies that this does not include people trusted in claims. We cannot police actions when the protection plugin isn't used properly. Grief Prevention has different levels of trust that can be utilized. If full trust is given we cannot assist. Unfortunately, the saying be wary of who you trust is prevalent in all multiplayer gaming. Sorry this happened to you. But there is nothing we can do.

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
"2. No griefing OR stealing in protected claims.
If items/etc are in an un-claimed area, it's free game. You are welcome to do whatever you want to this area."
As far as I'm concerned, the rules state it's free game, if it's unprotected, only my base was.

"3. You are responsible to take advantage of the server's protection plugin.
If you don't claim your area with the available protection plugin on our servers, we can not help you. If your area is un-claimed and someone griefs it, it's your fault for not claiing. However, if it's claimed and someone griefed you that's not in your town or given trust to your area, that's an exploit and they are to be reported right away. There will be no roll-back of your area if you didn't care to claim it. Why should we care if you didn't?"
Source: http://www.devcoftb.com/forum/m/15988331/viewthread/12340531-devco-rules

"If your area is un-claimed and someone griefs it, it's your fault for not claiing"
Again, my area was claimed, and the rules don't mention anything about people you've trusted on your claim.
If you expect me to be aware, that you won't do anything when someone I've trusted betrays me when I play on your server, fix your rules.

Bloodytears0923

Jul 29, 2019
"However, if it's claimed and someone griefed you that's not in your town or given trust to your area"

It's right there in the rules you quoted yourself. Nothing to fix.

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
"However, if it's claimed and someone griefed you that's not in your town or given trust to your area"

It's right there in the rules you quoted yourself. Nothing to fix.
Oh, idk, how about shoving this kind of information in the face of the players instead of putting the information within 5 words. Especially when it can screw you over in such a way. You have an entire paragraph about not helping newcomers, would it be a problem to at least mark it up so people don't overlook it as I did?

Bloodytears0923

Jul 29, 2019
As previously stated, I am sorry this happened to you. I'm not sure what else you expect from server owner's other than adding it to the rules. Which we have done. If the wording isn't to your liking I apologize. But they've worked fine for the year they have been up. I'll consider rewording them. But again they are THERE.

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
As previously stated, I am sorry this happened to you. I'm not sure what else you expect from server owner's other than adding it to the rules. Which we have done. If the wording isn't to your liking I apologize. But they've worked fine for the year they have been up. I'll consider rewording them. But again they are THERE.
They are there, but it doesn't seem like you care to make sure people understand it. It's the same deal with lawyers and their papers. They write all kinds of crazy things in small text at the bottom that they expect you skim.

Bloodytears0923

Jul 29, 2019
They are there, but it doesn't seem like you care to make sure people understand it. It's the same deal with lawyers and their papers. They write all kinds of crazy things in small text at the bottom that they expect you skim.

I'm not going to continue this argument. This will be the last response I have to this message. These rules have been in place since April of last year. Never has anyone had such a hard time accepting such a simple concept. And all that "small print" you speak of on legal documents are part of their "rules" still expected to be followed. We certainly care if people understand the rules. However, ignorance of them is not an excuse or defense (another legal concept). If you had questions about the rules or server procedures you were free to ask about them.

Sabro

Jul 29, 2019
Sweet server, been a fun ride so far. Much better than the last FTB Infinity server I was on.

devryb

Jul 29, 2019
Due to an unanticipated high player count on Infinity we will be opening a second server for it tonight.

The current Infinity server address will be changed to infe.devcoftb.net

The second servers address will be infw.devcoftb.net

Vanilla Enderchests will be able to transfer items to the new server for those that would like to move to it who already have built up a bit on the current server.

I will reply here once the new setup is ready to go!

devryb

Jul 29, 2019
Second Infinity server is now open and can be connected to with infw.devcoftb.net
Come join us now and claim your land on the fresh map!