Decorating Sucks.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
uYnVpzB.png

edBVpOj.png

QUPr7Ql.png

dAWXROM.png

MNcBeJr.png

5pSI5mC.png

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I recognize applied energistics, thermal expansion, tinkers construct and some ex nihilo sifters as actual machine blocks.
The diagonal blocks are carpenters...
That leaves the blue light fixtures, and metal grating used on the floor, walls and roof - and the diagonaly yellow and "Black" construction blocks.
I see FMP used to hide energy conduits going into the roof... but not the floor?
I assume there is a very-clear glass used in the floor and thats not actually a tripping hazard?

All done with 16px textures. My lack of ability to produce builds that look this good is so apparent now :/

Reactions: jokermatt999

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I recognize applied energistics, thermal expansion, tinkers construct and some ex nihilo sifters as actual machine blocks.
The diagonal blocks are carpenters...
That leaves the blue light fixtures, and metal grating used on the floor, walls and roof - and the diagonaly yellow and "Black" construction blocks.
I see FMP used to hide energy conduits going into the roof... but not the floor?
I assume there is a very-clear glass used in the floor and thats not actually a tripping hazard?

All done with 16px textures. My lack of ability to produce builds that look this good is so apparent now :/

The blue light fixtures are caged lamps from ProjectRed, the construction blocks look like a mix of different factory blocks and futuristic blocks from chisel.

It's a nice effect :D

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
The metal grating and black/yellow blocks are Chisel factory blocks.

(oops...ninja'd)

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I'm running Optifine for connected tectures, but otherwise it's all vanilla. The three blocks that I'm using CHISEL with are the futuristic, factory, and just plain ole glass. It essentially gives 8-12 "skins" of that block. You can chisel cobble too. Etho's Crackpack base actually uses a lot of the chiseled cobble, which looks like marble smoothstone, with a bevel and connected textures.

I didn't bother with the floor ones, though I might reconsider.

psp

Jul 29, 2019
My base would look like that if you blew it up tnt and scattered all the blocks and had nuclear waste sitting everywhere :p
But dude that looks pretty cool

I can never be neat :(

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Is it just me, or is it a tad immersion breaking that Carpenters Blocks adds a chisel tool and Chisel adds a chisel tool, and Tinkers Construct adds a chisel tool...

and if you just type chisel into NEI you get EVERY POSSIBLE BLOCK VARIATION YOU CAN MAKE IN CHISEL to sift through :)

Reactions: JunpakuKarasu

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm so jealously angry I want to punch Chris Becke.
(Name chosen randomly from last 3 posts.)

I wish I could make my plants look half this good.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Nice choice of building blocks but your ceiling is too low.
It's supposed to simulate a military bunker-ish type build. I thought the lower roof would help that feel.[DOUBLEPOST=1403819193][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have you done an entire base, or just what you've shown? I'd really like to see more :)
Well, I have more stuff, but none of it has been decorated yet. I waited until I got the focus of equal trade. Saves me a mother fucking lot of time.

Is it too much to ask to turn off waypoints before taking screenshots?
The waypoints are part of the innovation!