Dark Armor upgrades?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Defiancey

Jul 29, 2019
Im trying to upgrade my dark armor leggings so they have speed on them and i cant get it to give me the option in the dark anvil. Anyone have any ideas as to why? I did spawn myself the 3 swiftness potions and 3 splash swiftness poition to test it. Thought maybe i didnt have the right one, still think thats the case but then i dont know how to make the one that would be needed as nothing else is showing up under NEI.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
When I made my set, I was using potions from a mob farm (Witch Spawners on Cursed Earth included), and I found I was encountering potions with a bunch of extra metadata that wouldn't work in the recipe. I resorted to actually brewing one myself (vanilla for the win) to ensure it was correct.

It's a similar problem to that in TC, where if you create a Thaumium Helmet, damage it, then repair it, it no longer works for infusion because the extra data (NBT, metadata, what have you) doesn't match the exact piece the recipe calls out. If you're having issues, always best to make a legit fresh component and see if that fixes it.

Defiancey

Jul 29, 2019
The legs have been empowered and i even threw the basic capacitor upgrade on there too. I'll have to try what Inaeo suggested to see if that works.