Cyclical Infinite Power-Resouce Gathering

Sempuh

Jul 29, 2019
My main issue is the loudness, which could be toned down a bit. The models and textures just need a bit of polishing and that's all. Your mod is okay, I like it, just not when I have to turn down block sounds is all. Also it's a it lacking in the Archaic Age for me personally, but RotaryCraft does boast it self as industrial, so it makes sense.
There is a config for the loudness of the sound you know, and various other ways to decrease the sound of his blocks without turning down minecraft volume. I.E. wool blocks

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
More like do not care about the people who freak out over "Reika.RotaryCraft.TileEntities.Production.TileEntityBorer" vs "reika.rotarycraft.tileentities.production.TileEntityBorer" when the latter is both ugly, less readable, and incorrect.
  • Neither are incorrect.
  • Whichever one you're used to is less ugly.
  • Whichever one you're used to is more readable.

So other people aren't wrong in saying that yours is ugly or unreadable, because they're used to seeing the conventional capitalization (all lowercase). But they failed to take into account that it's subjective.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
I think that the power requirements in some mods need to be rebalanced and increased or they should have a config option to do this. I don’t like how cheap Thermal Expansion machine are to run the power equipments are too low and so don’t need power at all which I think they should i.e.
•Terrain Smasher
•Autonomous Activator
•Aqueous Accumulator

Don’t get me wrong I like TE and how easy it is to use and I have yet had time to play with the new TE4 which I’m look forward to. 
The only reason I’m so hard on TE is they sort of set the standard for the other mods. I didn’t really like when they changed Dynamo from 40rf/t to 80rf/t which was the higher tier of power when using Railcraft. By having the Dynamo at 80rf/t set the standard for other mods Extra Utilities. I do the new extra utilities quarry that thing sucks loads of power.
Also MFR machines are too cheap to run apart from the laser drill.
If you can fix the power requirements across the mods then you will need all that excess resource of building bigger and better power systems.
That’s just my Rant.

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't matter what mod or mod pack you look at you come to the fundamental flaw of Minecraft. There's a certain point when you're essentially set for life. Everything you wanted to do you've done. By then the next mod pack or version of mod craft has come out or you start another map to start again to do something different. The tech mod packs only hasten the rush to the end. The cliff is there no matter if you're crawling or sprinting.

Reactions: immibis

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
This thread covers the basic thing that has bothered me about modded Minecraft too. I don't see MC as a building game, but more like a survival game. That means when I get super powerful items and all danger has disappeared, the game just stops being fun.

The suggestions in this thread don't seem like sinks of energy, more like investments. The idea I had for a fun game is adding lots of dangerous mods, like Hostile Worlds and Aliens vs Predator. I want to pair them with, say, RotaryCraft and have the arrow gun, force field, laser gun etc actually serve a purpose. (I should add, I've never got to late game RC so I don't know that they're completely useless, but to my knowledge RC doesn't add any dangerous mobs.) I want a good reason to make a well defended base!

I think it would be useful to consider survival mode MC as a survival game first, rather than a building game with restrictions, but it's important to remember MC is different things to different people. Some people will be happy using their energy to make building blocks for creative-style builds. There won't be a simple recipe to make the game fun for everyone once they're bored with vanilla.

Minecraft survival mode is neither and both a survival and building mode. Wich honestly has been going on for way to long and should have been split in 2. But this realy isnt an issue with modded minecraft, as you can pick your mods and tune the experience the way you want. Dont like a mod because its makes something to easy? Dont use it, or nerf it using the configs, or nerf it more using minetweaker.

To me, survival always seemed it was eventually going to be more of an arcade type mode. Where you could interact with the world and build things, but you would never realy get the time to. You know, mobs would get stronger, started destroying more stuff. Zombies breaking dirt/cobble, Skeletons shooting fire arrows on wood and burn it all down, Enderman teleporting dirt into water source blocks, Creepers blowing up player placed blocks/torches. Mobs starting to wear more and better armor/weapons. Starting to use potions. Night starting to last longer and longer untill eventually its eternal night. And all of that scaling with the game difficulty. So on hard you might be facing mobs in full armor and eternal night after 10 nights, while on easy it might take 50 nights to get there.

I dunno, this just seems like a realy interesting concept to me. It is, however, nothing like a modded experience with enviromine, hunger overhaul and spice of life and all those kinds of mods. Wich honestly isnt fun at all, just alot of added tedium. Altough if those mods would scale with the ingame difficulty setting they might actually add alot to the above mentioned arcade style experience.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Since...
4J4KTIW.png

...that... I feel Reika can code however he wants :p

Reactions: SatanicSanta

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
mDiyo, brother, you're focusing on the destination and less on the journey. That's what tech mods are about. Tech mods are a lot like vanilla Minecraft in that they guide you for jack shit; if you're lucky, you get a handbook explaining how things work and good, logical progression from one tier to the next. The only tech mod that comes to mind that would fit your criteria would, incidentally, be RotaryCraft: its tiering is very explicit, but flexible, and you can't just save up tonnes of iron and diamonds and get to the endgame without going thru at least some of the steps in between. However, even that mod doesn't tell you "do X, then do Y, else fail." It says, "I have machines that can do X, Y, and Z, but you need this much power to get them to work, and even then, they likely won't work very quickly, so you'll have to figure out how to beef your power supply up a little." No hand-holding, no "go thru this minigame X times to get to this content," no nonsense.

It seems to me that you want the Thaumcraft of tech mods, and as far as I know, one doesn't exist. Clear progression is one thing, but having the mod give you goals is another thing entirely, and if you're playing tech mods for the latter, then quite frankly, you're doin it wrong.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
okay, first, can we prove this is the real mDyio? I thought he was leaving the entire scene? But now here on these forums we get occasional new topics that he never puts any replies to that at it's heart is always bashing mods to one level or another. Now we have that chat log.

It's either a very successful troll, or mDyio has had a serious attitude change. One thing I will say, I can think of more things to do with EIO (which I've never really used yet but aware of the "basics")/TE/MFR (and all other mods he has been bashing) than I could do with Tinkers Constructs, which was mDyios baby.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
It seems to me that you want the Thaumcraft of tech mods, and as far as I know, one doesn't exist. Clear progression is one thing, but having the mod give you goals is another thing entirely, and if you're playing tech mods for the latter, then quite frankly, you're doin it wrong.

Just change all the Thaumcraft item name; wand=wrench, golem=robot, aspects become screws, bolts, solder ect...
Instant tech mod.​

Reactions: RavynousHunter

sProg

Jul 29, 2019
If that's recent and if its legitimate, concur. I have zero tolerance for that. ("Recent" because, well, people change.)

He makes a valid point, many tech mods just throw RF-powered shortcuts at you.

Hate farming? Here's a Farmer.
Hate trees? Here's a Chopper.
Hate Smelting? Here's a Flash Furnace.

Want a goal or end game? Haha fuck you., come up with it for yourself because the dev can't.

sProg

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes a 'powered shortcut' is ok- as long as it comes with its own unique game mechanics.
Forestry's autofarming is a shortcut; but it brings in fertiliser and water requirements, as well not having an instant growth option.​

I don't mind powered shortcuts. I just don't like it when different mods use the same mechanics, reskin them, and sell them off as something new.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I don't want a goal - I play MC to escape a set goal. The beauty is that the goal is whatever I make it.
Then you have a goal.

There's a place for packs with preset goals and those without. There's no point shitting on one setup or the other.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
-.- wot

I'm not even going to try to give suggestions to mDyio anymore.
Wow, if that's legit, then I'm at a bit of a loss for words. First, because mDiyo's criticisms seem equally valid for Tinker's as it is for the mods he's calling out, unless the 'goal' is an awesome pickaxe.
Second, because the mDiyo in that conversation is a complete ass. I remember his dustup with GregoriusT, and everyone painted Greg as the bad guy. Also "dire can burn and die"? Wow.

Reactions: Q009 and Scott DTA