[Curse|1.7.10] Gooeyless: A Cult of Kitteh concept pack [Challenge] [Unique Ore Processing]

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
ObYgUyS.png

This is the Cult of Kitteh's concept pack, a pack that shows off that you can survive and thrive in minecraft without using GUIs. The progression of the pack is based on cross interaction of different mods, all handily documented in books you start off with!

bpomxWr.png

Features:
  • Unique ore processing!
  • Self Sacrificing!
  • Accuse tinkerers of heresy!
  • Books!
  • Kill Slimes!
  • Skyhooks!
  • New and exciting recipes!
  • Burn the Witches!
  • Pick flowers!
  • Shun the non-believers!
  • Shun!
and much, much more!

wM7HlcH.png

Modlist:

2OTwiXI.png

If you want to talk about the modpack at all, feel free to join us on #cultofkitteh on irc.esper.net!

You can download the pack on the Curse Launcher! If you can't get the Curse Launcher, then use this Curseforge link to download the files to use in a MultiMC instance.

Last edited:

darthwesix

Jul 29, 2019
this is a really good idea I am guessing the closet thing to a gui is going to be a book right

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
this is a really good idea I am guessing the closet thing to a gui is going to be a book right

I'm gonna say books are acceptable, mainly since doing having books in-world would be pretty difficult.

That, and I may have written a few. An eeensy bit.

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
I thought the Cult never compromised on its own beliefs. I was expecting a GUI-less guide book!

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019
How do you handle crafting? Is it in-world similar to the runic altar/crafting table you can put on any block? This is the bit I'm interested about

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
Crafting pilliars and super crafting frame
At least But more crafting pilliars
And i think only storage Drawers and jabba are Ur chests

Tbsc

Jul 29, 2019
This pack seems interesting! I'm actually working right now on a tech mod with no GUIs! It's not done, but I'm getting it ready!

Reactions: CaptPanda

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Crafting pilliars and super crafting frame
At least But more crafting pilliars
And i think only storage Drawers and jabba are Ur chests

I actually forgot I had super crafting frame installed, though I will admit I'm not sure how well it works with other inventory items. One of the items I was expecting people to use was the Assembly Halo, as you can use that to craft in-world after setting up a recipe.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Where is the pack code? Or is this still in private testing?

Neither, this is on the Curse Launcher, ready for you to download it!

Granted, the whole idea of not having a code is a bit strange, however it is a lot easier to do it over curse, plus I found getting packs on the FTB launcher a bit of a hassle the last time I tried.

pdkl95

Jul 29, 2019
Neither, this is on the Curse Launcher, ready for you to download it!

*sigh*

That's unfortunate, as I cannot run the Curse Launcher. Minecraft used to be cross platform. I guess those of us that don't run spyware (windows) are going to have a hard time now if packs are becoming curse-only.

It's not a huge problem, so don't stress about it. I'll just build it myself from the config files in the curse .zip and manually download the mods.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
That's unfortunate, as I cannot run the Curse Launcher. Minecraft used to be cross platform. I guess those of us that don't run spyware (windows) are going to have a hard time now if packs are becoming curse-only.
You can download a .zip of the pack from Curseforge. The link is at the bottom of the post

This, you can use a MultiMC instance and download the files from the curseforge page, so even those who can't use the launcher can still play! It may be a bit tricky, but if you've tinkered with your own modpack before, it shouldn't be too difficult.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
This, you can use a MultiMC instance and download the files from the curseforge page, so even those who can't use the launcher can still play! It may be a bit tricky, but if you've tinkered with your own modpack before, it shouldn't be too difficult.
Keep in mind that what you download is a zip file with the config/script files, the mods that are not present on Curse network (curse client cant download them and are provided in the zip) and a manifest file with all the modID's for the curse client to download automatically.

So, you will need to download all the mods manually but there is also a nice modlist.html file in the zip with a list of all the mods and a link to download them from curse, so its easier to download them

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised JordUtils isn't in this, the Dire Furnace would've been up your alley.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2