Curious about spatial AE

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
So I have always wondered what the spatial AE drives are meant to accomplish, on the wiki it mentions "capturing" an area for the spatial io port. Can anyone post pics of their spacial AE systems and explain how it works please?

Last edited:

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
It is spatial and I have no pics, but you construct additional pylons (@Padfoote ) for efficiency and you store an area in an AE drive. Essentially a pokeball dimension, players can be trapped.

Reactions: Padfoote

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
So I have always wondered what the spacial AE drives are meant to accomplish, on the wiki it mentions "capturing" an area for the spacial io port. Can anyone post pics of their spacial AE systems and explain how it works please?
The same way as AE2.
Oh, and really? A post at 10 til 1?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
It is spatial and I have no pics, but you construct additional pylons (@Padfoote ) for efficiency and you store an area in an AE drive. Essentially a pokeball dimension, players can be trapped.

Does it actually create a dimension? And move the player there? What are the ways out? Can it be used as a long distance player transport system?

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
Does it actually create a dimension? And move the player there? What are the ways out? Can it be used as a long distance player transport system?
Yes, Yes, Mystcraft books+ Other methods of teleportation between dimensions (Ars magica 2) and someone activating the drive on the other end, and... Good idea (yes)

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
It seems rather iffy as a transport system if you have to rely on someone external to activate a drive.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
But how does it work, does it dig up the blocks or does it make a pattern of the shape that you can supply with blocks to create?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
But how does it work, does it dig up the blocks or does it make a pattern of the shape that you can supply with blocks to create?

No, it actually converts the thing to energy and then reconstructs it at the other place. I think it does destroy the original though. Not 100% sure.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
No, it actually converts the thing to energy and then reconstructs it at the other place. I think it does destroy the original though. Not 100% sure.
So how does this work, when you convert to energy, do you mean convert to data?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Heres another thought - does the Spatial storage system always "cut" or can it be set to "copy"?

i.e. I'd like to mark an area i'd like to duplicate, non destructively 'scan' it, and then build it at the destination site, using blocks from ME storage.

--
And to @HeilMewTwo - its Spatial. With a T. you can edit your original post title to fix that :p

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Heres another thought - does the Spatial storage system always "cut" or can it be set to "copy"?

i.e. I'd like to mark an area i'd like to duplicate, non destructively 'scan' it, and then build it at the destination site, using blocks from ME storage.

--
And to @HeilMewTwo - its Spatial. With a T. you can edit your original post title to fix that :p
It always cuts.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I have big plans in mind for spatial storage. its all theory at this point, I really should test it out in creative. The plan? Use spatial pylons to move the best part of a twilight forest hollow hill to the overworld where it will get picked apart by either a quarry plus or MFFS and then use an ICBM regeneration bomb to regen the chunk(s) and do it over and over.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Can anybody actually post any pics of an actual spatial system or recommend a tutorial thanks?