Curious about spatial AE

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
You have to set up the pylons to define the area you want to move, kind of like landmarks and the BC quarry. I did see someone explain their usage once on youtube, he trapped himself inside the storage cell on purpose. FYI, dont do that without a linking book.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
You have to set up the pylons to define the area you want to move, kind of like landmarks and the BC quarry. I did see someone explain their usage once on youtube, he trapped himself inside the storage cell on purpose. FYI, dont do that without a linking book.

But besides better scenery, what is the point of spatial storage? Can you use it to dig up blocks like a quarry? Or can you use the spatial drives to cut and copy from that blueprint? It sounds interesting but I really want to see pics of a fully functioning builds that takes full advantage of this feature.

EDIT: Also how do I quote people properly, right now I just hit the " symbol in the reply box and manually select the text I want to quote.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
But besides better scenery, what is the point of spatial storage? Can you use it to dig up blocks like a quarry? Or can you use the spatial drives to cut and copy from that blueprint? It sounds interesting but I really want to see pics of a fully functioning builds that takes full advantage of this feature.

EDIT: Also how do I quote people properly, right now I just hit the " symbol in the reply box and manually select the text I want to quote.

You could move your base I suppose. That would make me a nervous wreck though, I would def back up my world first. Other than that, I cant think of any practical applications for it. Just something to do, I guess.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I have seen people make automated boring machines using MFFS. I suppose you could do something similar with this mod.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
You could move your base I suppose. That would make me a nervous wreck though, I would def back up my world first. Other than that, I cant think of any practical applications for it. Just something to do, I guess.
Yeah, I have been watching some youtube vids on it, doesn't seem to be as useful as I first imagined it. I thought it was gonna be something like the mffs with its custom modules.[DOUBLEPOST=1402661686][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have seen people make automated boring machines using MFFS. I suppose you could do something similar with this mod.
Whoops, yeah that was what I was thinking the capabilities would be.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind, just read more about it, the energy costs are so insane that it would be better just to run a bunch of extra utilities quarries.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Its not for mining and infinite power is within your grasp. Hey I know, I will try to move a twilight forest castle to the overworld. Sounds fun. Such an endeavor is a long way off though.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Its not for mining and infinite power is within your grasp. Hey I know, I will try to move a twilight forest castle to the overworld. Sounds fun. Such an endeavor is a long way off though.
I was talking about what McJty was referring to, and if you wanted to do that then you should probably just use mffs. Unfortunately this just looks like an obscure part of AE that is doomed because it has no specific purpose.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I already told you a couple. You could also live inside of the storage cell if you wanted a void age. You could terraform the ugly desert near your base with the topmost layers of a forest. All kinds of stuff. Its not about being practical, its about doing something complicated just because. I am looking forward to the challenge of generating enough power to move chunks over and over again.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I already told you a couple. You could also live inside of the storage cell if you wanted a void age. You could terraform the ugly desert near your base with the topmost layers of a forest. All kinds of stuff. Its not about being practical, its about doing something complicated just because. I am looking forward to the challenge of generating enough power to move chunks over and over again.
But as I have already mentioned, mffs does the same thing for less, the void age thing might be fun but you would have to get into mystcraft anyway in order to exit so why not just use that?

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well like I said its about the challenge of doing it, not for any practical purpose. By the time I can afford to make spatial pylons and supply the power, I wont "need" anything. Im sick to death of playing conservatively and efficiently. I run out of challenges way too fast that way, and spend more time worrying over little details that dont matter like how best to place this pipe so I can cram one more machine into my little base.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Well like I said its about the challenge of doing it, not for any practical purpose. By the time I can afford to make spatial pylons and supply the power, I wont "need" anything. Im sick to death of playing conservatively and efficiently. I run out of challenges way too fast that way, and spend more time worrying over little details that dont matter like how best to place this pipe so I can cram one more machine into my little base.
Yeah I get what you are saying, if you wanted to power it though, how about using THIS: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/would-you-build-this.40763/

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
It is spatial and I have no pics, but you construct additional pylons (@Padfoote ) for efficiency and you store an area in an AE drive. Essentially a pokeball dimension, players can be trapped.
protoss-poster-465x697.jpg
You rang?
Can anybody actually post any pics of an actual spatial system or recommend a tutorial thanks?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLEZhviWFKefv6n_FObNKAEux098PNs12t&v=1rpo0uWPXSU

Ako's Spatial Storage for his entire ME Network. Construction is more towards the end of the video.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking