Creating an endless lava ocean on Mystcraft?

Avous-

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying for the past few hours to create one and only done so successfully once in a fluke but I can't repeat it so can anyone share a list/order of symbols needed to create one? I'd appreciate it a lot.

Avous-

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah for some reason that's not working for me :p i just get a random world when I enter that

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
The order would actually be

Single Biome - Ocean - Standard Terrain Generation - Everything else.

Avous-

Jul 29, 2019
The order would actually be

Single Biome - Ocean - Standard Terrain Generation - Everything else.

Ok I just tried that order but Everything else entailed Stone then Lava, I just got an endless water ocean with NO lava.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Lava should come after Ocean, there's really no need for the Stone Symbol, i think. This only replaces Dirt with Stone.

Auchioane

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the exact make up i used to create my lava world to power some of my EU/MJ production:

Single Biome, Ocean Biome, Normal Sun, Normal Moon, Normal Stars, Standard Lighting, Stone, Lava, Standard Terrian, Normal Weather, Clear Modifiers.

This world is totally stable and I was lucky enough to have 3 forgotten libraries within eye sight of the spawn :)

danny1992

Jul 29, 2019
one question if i change the stone page with a iron ore /gold ore page will create all the stone in iron/gold ?

Auchioane

Jul 29, 2019
one question if i change the stone page with a iron ore /gold ore page will create all the stone in iron/gold ?

Iron and Gold pages only apply (currently) to the tendrils page. As both of those are invalid terrain generation.

Avous-

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the exact make up i used to create my lava world to power some of my EU/MJ production:

Single Biome, Ocean Biome, Normal Sun, Normal Moon, Normal Stars, Standard Lighting, Stone, Lava, Standard Terrian, Normal Weather, Clear Modifiers.

This world is totally stable and I was lucky enough to have 3 forgotten libraries within eye sight of the spawn :)
Hmmn, nope! that generated a twilight forest cave world for me what pack are you on? I'm on ultimate.

Auchioane

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmn, nope! that generated a twilight forest cave world for me what pack are you on? I'm on ultimate.

I am using DW20 pack but will try the ultimate pack tonight with the exact same page combo. I will post the results.

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure the biome is supposed to go before the controller. Like:
Ocean Biome, Single Biome, etc.

Otherwise, it won't register correctly.
Also, I'm not sure what happens if you put two 'adjectives' into the standard terrain - does only one of them work, or do they both?

Auchioane

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure the biome is supposed to go before the controller. Like:
Ocean Biome, Single Biome, etc.

Otherwise, it won't register correctly.
Also, I'm not sure what happens if you put two 'adjectives' into the standard terrain - does only one of them work, or do they both?

I took that directly from the descriptive book for my stable lava world I made. I have not given it a shot the way you described.

As for the two adjectives for standard terrain it works fine. for example end stone water standard terrain will replace all stone with end stone instead. putting lava in place of water will replace all water generated with lava blocks.

Just found this thread which might be related to what your seeing:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-ages-in-single-player-only-workaround.14138/

I just tested the exact same descriptive book in the ultimate pack I got everything i wanted except instead of a lava ocean I got a normal ocean. Everything else was stable and working fine.

Avous-

Jul 29, 2019
I took that directly from the descriptive book for my stable lava world I made. I have not given it a shot the way you described.

As for the two adjectives for standard terrain it works fine. for example end stone water standard terrain will replace all stone with end stone instead. putting lava in place of water will replace all water generated with lava blocks.

Just found this thread which might be related to what your seeing:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-ages-in-single-player-only-workaround.14138/

I just tested the exact same descriptive book in the ultimate pack I got everything i wanted except instead of a lava ocean I got a normal ocean. Everything else was stable and working fine.

Thanks I got it working now!

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Playing FTB Ultimate pack and following this guide got me my lava ocean:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mystcraft-book-writing-guide.14349/

Following this guide, the arrangement would be - Ocean Biome, Single Biome, Lava, Standard Terrain, ... [rest as you desire]

According to this guide, the modifier normally goes before what's being modified with the exception being the biome(s)/biome type at the beginning of the book. So for a lava ocean, the lava page would precede the terrain generation page.

Reactions: Otterpawps

Otterpawps

Jul 29, 2019
Playing FTB Ultimate pack and following this guide got me my lava ocean:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mystcraft-book-writing-guide.14349/

Following this guide, the arrangement would be - Ocean Biome, Single Biome, Lava, Standard Terrain, ... [rest as you desire]

According to this guide, the modifier normally goes before what's being modified with the exception being the biome(s)/biome type at the beginning of the book. So for a lava ocean, the lava page would precede the terrain generation page.

this is correct. I have made a perfect lava world [at least perfect for what i need it for].

here is the page order i used:
Ocean Biome
Single Biome
Stone
Lava
Standard Terrain
Normal Moon
Enderstarfield
Dark Sun
Bright Lighting
Slow Weather
Boundless Skys
Clear Modifiers

2013-06-24_00.54.53.png

The symbols I used, I used because I don't have all of them, maybe half. So I just used what I had to fill in the blank to create stability. I used the stone just because i kept seeing people preach the use of it for lava worlds and hey, it worked.

Hopefully you guys can replicate this. These pages are all pretty common, I all of those on my first age.