Craziest Moments in FTB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ZeSapper

Jul 29, 2019
With over a hundred mods and the totally random nature of Minecraft in general there are bound to be hilarious, terrifying, or just down right crazy moments. What are yours?

I just had this wither skelly come tearing down the hallway towards me in full diamond/steel armour, at least he was kind enough to drop a single piece of coal for me though...
2013-09-24_13.00.56.png

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
That would be a mimic mob. I think mDiyo's mods add them. They copy your(Or someone on your server) armor and/or weapon. They'll never drop it though.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I thought the mobs wearing player armor was a vanilla thing?

They'll never drop it though.

A MFR Grinder will pry it off there back, I have 3 adv nano chests and 2 gravichests courtesy of mobs spawning in my mob grinder cage.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I thought the mobs wearing player armor was a vanilla thing?

A MFR Grinder will pry it off there back, I have 3 adv nano chests and 2 gravichests courtesy of mobs spawning in my mob grinder cage.
Is it? I've yet to actually be sure of the cause. And that'll be a great bug to report to PC.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
finding a enderman in my lava rc tank. the lava temorarily disappeared. It was like I had a ghostbuster's ghost storage facility. In vanilla pvp server, A nether skeleton killed some unaware guy in full diamond and diamond sword picked up his stuff and waited for me. I won, but OMG that got alittle hairy.

Reactions: ZeSapper

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
The Flying Squid Militia Training Facility in every Mystcraft cave age. o___o

And ExtraBiomes' village derpyness:

Oh and the Spontaneously Combusting Livestock courtesy of Thaumcraft ;P

Noby07

Jul 29, 2019
My most scary moment, played in the middle of a war server where the two mighty sides met and fought with t3 launchers, cruise launchers fired by laser designators and stuff and running on the battlefield with MPS suit and rocket launchers. It was just epic showdown wich played in the pack AMPZ.

Reactions: JunpakuKarasu

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
oh were to begin I have found so many minecraft fails and some neat things too. Here's what I have found I have probably shown them else were but hey they fit the thread.
some wonderful testificate building skills
fqn.png

and who could ever forget the random flying squid
20130611215218.png

of coarse I tend to have this happen even before it was added
nfpv.png

and of course water not flowing right
20130523092223.png

of coarse theirs some cool things like this
20130611215100.png

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
ive seen villages derp in vanilla, so that's not a FTB-only moment.

never go out at night if you have zombie awareness, ESPECIALLY if you have some other mob mods tossed in.
you will have dozens of zombies on you all friggin night. not all of em are the vanilla kind either.
and you thought the vanilla zombie changes were evil.

god, if they ever give creepers a better AI to target non-natural blocks, players, and to swarm. . .

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Last night I was in the Nether (mistake #1), getting quartz to build with (mistake #2), and got close enough to a Heatscar (full grown) that it could track me. Only, instead of just a Heatscar, it was ridden by a Wither Skeleton. No screenshots, sorry.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
Last night I was in the Nether (mistake #1), getting quartz to build with (mistake #2), and got close enough to a Heatscar (full grown) that it could track me. Only, instead of just a Heatscar, it was ridden by a Wither Skeleton. No screenshots, sorry.
i've seen normal spiders with a creeper on its back...

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
That would be a mimic mob. I think mDiyo's mods add them. They copy your(Or someone on your server) armor and/or weapon. They'll never drop it though.

They do drop it if spawned in an MFR grinding room.....

My craziest was 3 blue slimes jumping over my 2 block high wall (when I didn't know they could)....... yeah pretty tame but they were all carrying creepers.....and I was working on my bees\trees so didn't really notice until BOOM.
Though a close second was being double explosioned by my austere bees while not wearing apiarists gear first boom kills me second "kills" all my dropped gear, bugger.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
ive seen villages derp in vanilla, so that's not a FTB-only moment.

never go out at night if you have zombie awareness, ESPECIALLY if you have some other mob mods tossed in.
you will have dozens of zombies on you all friggin night. not all of em are the vanilla kind either.
and you thought the vanilla zombie changes were evil.

god, if they ever give creepers a better AI to target non-natural blocks, players, and to swarm. . .

My server has zombie awareness, primitive mobs and infernal mobs, and we play on hard mode. Very interesting experience at the start, but now that we've got all our tech, not an issue anymore and the zombies are very easy to farm.

Crazy thing the other night, was checking out my mob grinder (which has a darkroom near it to spawn mobs), when suddenly there was this lighting blast. Next thing I knew, it was raining creepers from the darkroom, and half of them were supercharged! Luckily at any sign of the unknown, I take off for the sky to assess the situation, otherwise I would have had an unpleasant experiance rain down on me, and a new re-building project...