Crash w/ MultiMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protokohl

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

============
EDIT: Look down the posts I have solved the attachment issue there are two pastbins YAY :D!
EDIT 2: UPDATE: There are new pastebins located further down still thanks everyone :D!
============

I am running MultiMC w/ some of the 1.5 version mods of FTB mods. I can play SMP fine however when I try to play SSP I crash.
Couple of things struck me as odd
1. I can play peaceful yet when mobs are turned on crash
2. It is saying it is "2013-05-20 17:10:53 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Client] Skipping Entity with id -102" ???
3. This packet "Packet24MobSpawn" ???

Any help would be appreciated. Also I couldn't put in the report even w/ multiple spoilers it too big apparently and pastebin requires a paid subscription for more than 500kb so I had to add it as an attachment sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks for the help everyone,

Protokohl :)

EDIT: Forgot the mention the attachment is a .log renamed at .txt as the Forums won't allow a .log file, thanks :)

Attachments

• ForgeModLoader-client-0.txt
    636.7 KB · Views: 38

Protokohl

Jul 29, 2019
I already said that the pastebin won't allow to upload more than 500kb this is file 637kb so no go sorry :(

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
When does this error occur?
During just one save? Across all saves of the instance? Across all instances?

Protokohl

Jul 29, 2019
I have one instance. It happens as soon a I try to log into a world when not on peaceful. I have created new worlds multiple times and everytime it crashes except when on peaceful.

Protokohl

Jul 29, 2019
Uh that could be an issue I am currently away from home at the moment. I am on my laptop. I wont be home for several hours yet. Though when you mean reload do I redownload the jar or is there an actual button?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Uh that could be an issue I am currently away from home at the moment. I am on my laptop. I wont be home for several hours yet. Though when you mean reload do I redownload the jar or is there an actual button?
That's ok, I'll reply when I'm able.
And I think there's a button. But keep a save just in case.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
You have a lot of errors going on there, not just the one. For example, you have a copy of nei in both coremods and mods.

Go through your mods and be sure you have the proper versions of each and that they are in the proper locations. This is especially true of any 1.5 and 1.5.1 mods you are trying to use with 1.5.2.

Protokohl

Jul 29, 2019
Ah good point. I am used to just deleting the mods from the folder. With MultiMC I have to remove them via the mods tab. Is their any more you can point me in the direction of?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
double check all your 1.5 and 1.5.1 mods you are trying to use with 1.5.2. not all of them are always able o just be used after a minor version update.

there was an error cast from flans mod somewhere in there, and an error from nei plugins. you have a minecraft.jar in the mods folder and a cope of forge there also, if i read that right.

my advice when doing big packs like this is to build them up one section of mods at a time. load the FIRST version of forge for the version of minecraft you are using.

add one coremod and then all mods that have a dependency for it. i always begin with the codechicken set of mods. codechickencore, nei, enderstorage, and chicken chunks (and wireless redstone depending on my pack build,) but NOT any nei plugins. add nei plugins AFTER you get all other mods installed (sometimes this makes a difference for me, sometimes it doesnt matter, so i just always do them last now.) i also do any immibis mods last (but before nei plugins,) only because immibis microblocks has a wonderful function to attempt to automatically detect blocks from other mods that can be microblocked the first time it is loaded.

after you add your first set run the instance. this will generate all the config files for those mods. and you can check to see if there are any errors. the most important of which is the forge version error. every time you receive this after adding mod sets, you need to remove he version of forge you are using and add the one list. ALWAYS ADD THE ONE IT TELLS YOU AND NOT ONE HIGHER! this is important, as sometimes going to high breaks mods that require lower version. after changing the forge version, do not add any additional mods yet, click on your instance, click force update, and then run the instance to see if their are any additional errors.

if you get an error with a mod you just added, you will have to do some basic trouble shooting depending on the error. this varies from mod to mod, so its not something i can go in depth into here. usually i begin this by doing a reverse order instance, in which i add all the mods i have already added in reverse order to see if the issue is between two mods (only if i cant figure out the fix from the logs.)

if you get an error with a mod you already have installed after installing a new mod, it may be an issue between that mod and forge or that mod and the mod you just installed. if you updated the forge version for a new mod and an old mod, it usually safe to say that forge change a hook or fixed some buggy code that that mod accesses and the fix broke the mod. if you didnt update forge,then a new mod you added is conflicting with the new one. these are "generally" true, anyway. some errors are much more difficult than that.

anyone who tells you building a mod pack is as easy as drag and drop and then just changing id conflicts obviously hasnt built many packs or is extremely lucky with their packs. but i do use alot of dev builds at times too...

Protokohl

Jul 29, 2019
Ah ok. Then I fall under the "extremely lucky" category :p though I have built quite a few packs for the server I run as minecraft updates or we restart. Most of the time I wing it and it works. I have fixed NEI being in the mods folder, I need to get used to not just deleting from the folder and actually deleting from the instance mod menu. Flans error is odd and I have no idea. I don't have a .jar or forge in the mods folder though probably MultiMC reported it like that or something :confused:. Good thing is I mainly play server so losing SSP is copeable <- Is that a word? :p. Though I lose testing ability :(. Thankyou for the advice I hadn't considered that. The forge version error is one I got for Thermal Expansion so I found the dev releases and upgraded . The immibis thing w/ the micro block answered my query as to what auto detect was though it had been deactivated by default :). Redoing everything by reverse order is a good idea thanks for that :). I always load forge first then start adding. I used to add a mod load up close down add a mod load up close down etc. <- this actually helped quite a bit. Thanks for that :).

Protokohl

Jul 29, 2019
Right. I have checked through all the mods. Damage Indicators was out of date and is fixed. Flan was throwing up an error because I hadn't extracted the zips properly though now it can't find a recipe. I am still have the error when I load up a world when not on peaceful. Here are the pastebins of the new report, in two parts because the file is over 500kb:

Error 1:
http://pastebin.com/Xbte6wh1

Error 2:
http://pastebin.com/fVDwHXqN

Thanks everyone for helping so far. I am learning a lot about configs, mods and how they work! YAY! :)

Protokohl

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm.

I'm at work atm, and I won't be home till after midnight EST. If, I have time I'll try to replicate your pack and see if I can reproduce this error. For now, you can try removing mods that modify or edit entities to see if it's a problem with one of those. Doggie tags is my first suspicion, only because I haven't used it in a pack myself yet.

Protokohl

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I removed Doggy Talents and the error changed slightly it is now saying that it is skipping entity id 103 now instead of 102? Will continue to test.

EDIT: After removing Ars Magica, Thaumcraft and Natura I am now getting skipping entity id 121 so it appear to change the id whenever a mod is removed. This indicates that is is not a specific mod causing the issue.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. I'm going to have to build the pack myself to see if I can figure this out. Don't know how long it will take me, I have two other modpacks I'm also working on atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.