Crash Landing Low TPS issue on server any fix ???

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
I'm not sure what is happening at the moment, we never had experienced any low TPS before but now the game is unplayable, server keep struggling and we can't have more than 6-7 tps according to /cofh tps command, and we don't have any clue what can cause such a massive issue, anyone know which mod can cause a low TPS issue in this Crash Landing 1.1.3 modpack, I'M about to ditch the adventure out, its awesome, but if we can't play it because of this low TPS issue, I'm out of it, we just begin our animal farms and we had some in 1.7.10 modpack with much more mods with more than 100 cows and 100 pigs and it never caused any problems, could it be a problem in this modpack ??? Any help would be really appreciated, please don't ask about any of the /opis thingy, I don't know anything about this thing and its not in the modpack.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
I can't Opis isn't on this pack and I don't know how to use it either, I never had to use it before, I never had this issue, even with the DW20 1.6.4 pack, or the DNS 1.6.4 that I used for quite a long time, never ever had TPS issues except when we generated terrains in MystCraft ages, which isn't in the Crash Landing modpack, I think I figured out it could be the Special Mobs that cause this according to some infos I found, could it be a really bad optimized mod, cause I noticed the TPS doesn't have any problems during daytime unless my mob spawner is on

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Since you mention having started animal farms: Have you got a lot of animals enclosed in a small pen by any chance?

Fuzzbling

Jul 29, 2019
USA
Download OPIS [Here: http://www.mobiusstrip.eu/], drop it into your mods folder. Also note there is a wiki [Here: http://mobiusstrip.eu/wiki/Main_Page] which will cover much of the basics and help you get familiar with it.

• If you are in an SP (single player) world, you may need to open up the game to lan and enable cheats before running the "/opis" command.
  • If you are playing on a server, the server will need to have OPIS in the mods folder too (client & server), and you will need to have OP privileges (/op yourplayername) before running the "/opis" command.
Entity Timing and TileEntity Timing may be what you are looking for. Click the "Run Opis" button and when it is complete, sort by "Update Time". Investigate ones with high update times (see any with 1000+?). You may also want to investigate Chunk Timing and some of the other tabs, OPIS is a powerful tool!

This should get you going, have fun and good luck! :)

Reactions: Gimply Goose

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, we will eventually get rid of the special mobs mod, even if the mobs are awesome and interesting to fight (especially some of their creeper variety) keeping a mod that make the server lag isn't something I'll ever do, since this is officially the culprit of this, we spend the evening sleeping to avoid the nights and we had no problems with the TPS at all, so its obviously due to Special mobs.