CQI Modpack Creation

Umbrakinetic

Jul 29, 2019
f7d0517369.jpg
Working on an ore quest format. How do you like it?
Mo' O' Fo' Mo' Bling Bling fo' yo' Bam Bam. (Not really sure what a Bam Bam is, but it sounds good to say.)

Umbrakinetic

Jul 29, 2019
Just a question, if it's the QUADoxide initiative, why is there five modpacks? You could change it to QUINtoxide initiative and still have the Q.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Just a question, if it's the QUADoxide initiative, why is there five modpacks? You could change it to QUINtoxide initiative and still have the Q.
It's just a random name we picked out for the group :p. Carbon Quadoxide stands for Carbon(CarbonBasedGhost, Me) and Quadoxide(Queue). Me and Q are the original founders. Quadoxide was the only thing that began with Q, was easy to say, and made some sense in the world of chemistry.

Don't tell anyone but CO4 makes some good starting points for logos. And as of not too long ago is an actual thing :p. Too bad it only exists for a millisecond at high temperatures :p

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
It's just a random name we picked out for the group :p. Carbon Quadoxide stands for Carbon(CarbonBasedGhost, Me) and Quadoxide(Queue). Me and Q are the original founders. Quadoxide was the only thing that began with Q, was easy to say, and made some sense in the world of chemistry.

Don't tell anyone but CO4 makes some good starting points for logos. And as of not too long ago is an actual thing :p. Too bad it only exists for a millisecond at high temperatures :p
Yup.
Funny that the wikipedia page model is in our colors, too:
177px-Chemfm_carbon_tetroxyde.svg.png

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Quick little update
-Cat modpack is pretty much at release stage, just some tweaking based on tester feedback, which seems to be rather positive
-Cub modpack is slow going, definitely will be longer to release with certain school-related things coming up, but we'll do our best.
-Cub modpack is just a bit past the beginning of the electric age, and the map is pretty much done- still need to find ore locations.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
So. We've got some news.

Gregtech 6 is going to come out within a week, with it coming enormous API changes, and a total rewrite of the metaItem system. Greg was unhappy with the GT5 system he had in place, and decided it was best to simply scrap all that and start afresh. However, despite coming out within the week, it will be nowhere near full-featured. In fact, it will pretty much only contain metaBlocks and world gen. Because of this, and the fact that upgrading from GT5 to GT6 will require a total world reset, we had to make some tough decisions.

Learn Gregtech [Cub]
Cub will be shelved until GT6 is stable. Sorry. The modlist will stay mostly the same, but we will take this as an opportunity to rethink the map and the quest progression so that then GT6 is stable we can pump out a mappack as quick as possible.

Cat
Information on Cat will come in a bit. Just know that if we end up releasing this version, in the coming weeks/months until GT6 is ready, any progress you make will be reset after the update to GT6. However, if GT6 does indeed take a while, you should have plenty of time to play around with the final build of GT5.

Other packs
We may be able to take this time to work on other packs, possibly the Buildcraft pack. If you are interested in this, please comment below.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch! Does that mean you lost all your work to date? If so, that's a real bummer.
Work isn't lost, but it will be as soon at GT6 is updated. We also can't stay on GT5 because Greg never finished it. We have a better plan now, so when GT6 does come out the pack should be very quick to develop.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
CSj9Wnv.png

6me4jVO.png

I don't particularly like either of them, but is the top one better?
When GT6 comes out I'll take the time to do some proper artwork.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I don't particularly like either of them, but is the top one better?
When GT6 comes out I'll take the time to do some proper artwork.
love the paw.

Bear in mind that's a signature your mulling. I'd do it (just) under the CAT, or inside the main paw print. And possibly only with initials, and definitely in italics.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Note that the product stands out more than the signature (corporation). Its debatable which one you might want to portray more strongly, but this way you successfully convey the message "This is CAT Brought to You by CQI"
upload_2015-2-11_11-33-38.png